Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    You forgot about Charles Gray, who played a Bond ally in You Only Live Twice, but then played Blofeld in Diamonds Are Forever.
    And Anthony Dawson, who played Professor Dent in Dr. No, then played Bloefeld in From Russia with Love.

I think he's also the Blofeld in Thunderball as well.

Same voice actor, Eric Pohlmann, for both as well. Although his voice in Thunderball is more distorted than his FRWL one (Then again Blofeld's voice like his face was hardly consistent either).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

There's been a rumor that the Albert Finney role, Kincaid in Skyfall, was originally going to go to Sean Connery first but Connery was adamant to remain retired (He was asked about Henry Jones Sr for Crystal Skull as well-it's possible that the Oxley role was intended to be him too).

Mark Lenard played "The Romulan Commander" in "Balance of Terror" before playing Sarek.

Paul Lynde played a driving instructor on "Bewitched" before he became Uncle Arthur. In fact, in that movie with Nicole Kidman, there was an in-joke about that.
    Power with Girl is better.

Extraordinary Member

Not sure if this has been listed:

William Campbell played Trelane in the Star Trek TOS first season episode "The Squire of Gothos" and also played a Klingon named Koloth in the season 2 episode "The Trouble With Tribbles".

OOPS - I see this was listed at the bottom of page 1. Sorry about that.

Extraordinary Member

Like a lot of actors in the late 70s and early 80s, Eve Plumb (Jan Brady on The Brady Bunch) appeared on 3 episodes each of The Love Boat and Fantasy Island playing different characters in each.

My favorite of those was when Plumb played a dying pregnant woman on Fantasy Island who wanted to see how her unborn daughter would turn out in adulthood. A very sad episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Mark Lenard played "The Romulan Commander" in "Balance of Terror" before playing Sarek.

Paul Lynde played a driving instructor on "Bewitched" before he became Uncle Arthur. In fact, in that movie with Nicole Kidman, there was an in-joke about that.
    Before reprising Sarek for the later TOS movies, Lenard appeared in the first one as the ill-fated commander of the Klingon squadron attacking V'ger. Since he's the first one really shown clearly on screen, he's the first lumpy headed Klingon! Also first one to use the Klingon language which of course became popular (Think Doohan helped develop it as well, although he never played a Klingon).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 10-03-2022 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    Well, don't know if it's disqualified for it being the whole "hook" of the show, but Tatiana Maslaney is awesome in her various roles in Orphan Black. Most spectacularly, the handful of longterm main characters who have distinct personalities from the start. The characters grow and change and interact -- and it must have been weird, being like half the cast, but it was also pretty great. For a few seasons, at least. Got pretty insane, the longer it went ... that's the writing, tho. Maslaney was always awesome.
    So true. What I am most impressed by in not her ability to play multiple characters, but to play some of those characters trying to pass themselves off as another one of the clones.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Bruce Campbell is all the Raimi films. But notably in the Spider-Man series as the ring announcer, the snooty usher and the Maître d'

Wayne Alexander played Lorien, a Drakh, a Drazi, G'Dan, and Sebastian in Babylon 5. He also played various roles in the X Files.

Stan Lee plays a character in most of the MCU movies and at least one animated Marvel movie.

Alfred Hitchcock plays a cameo role in all of his films.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 10-04-2022 at 09:53 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member

The 5 venoms.

Albert Popwell played a different character in all but one of Dirty Harry films. Albert Popwell was the wounded bank robber at the receiving end of Eastwood's iconic "Do you feel lucky?" monologue from Dirty Harry (1971). He was a murderous pimp in Magnum Force (1973), appeared as militant Big Ed Mustapha in The Enforcer (1976) and as Harry's detective colleague Horace King in Sudden Impact (1983). Popwell was offered a role in the last film in the series, The Dead Pool (1988), but could not appear due to a scheduling conflict.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Popwell

Roddy McDowell in the Planet of the Apes movies playing both Cornelius and his son Caesar.

Scott Bakula in Quantum Leap playing both Sam Beckett and Sam's father. And the slew of previous characters in the finale episode all played by actors from previous leaps.

Lucille Ball played herself in an episode of one of the Lucy shows, meeting her character in a Lucille Ball lookalike contest.

In the Tommy Westphall universe (google it, kids), Tim Van Patten played a member of a patient's family on St. Elsewhere, but was mistaken for the character he played on White Shadow by Warren Coolidge who DID appear on both shows.
    Last edited by CaptCleghorn; 10-06-2022 at 05:30 AM.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?