Black Adam
    Nightwing
    Flash
    JSA
    Stargirl
    Blue Beetle
    DCeased
    And possibly Tim Drake
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Continuing on from November of a lot of boring stuff.
    There's still a shit ton of Bat books but at least there are some rays of hope/variety.

JSA, WildCATs, Stargirl: Lost Children, Blue Beetle, Danger Street

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Kind of feels like a light month.
    It’s just killing time until Jan which is when the next relaunch/New Dawn happens.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Anyone else think the solicitation for Catwoman #50 sounds decidedly underwhelming for an anniversary issue??

Also, bummed to see that JSA is now a 12 issue maxi-series, versus the ongoing series it was originally announced as!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SilverScarlet View Post
    Anyone else think the solicitation for Catwoman #50 sounds decidedly underwhelming for an anniversary issue??
    Bruce showing up to possibly bring up their relationship that was broken up in Batman #50 is not enough? :P

"There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JThree View Post
    Know this extends a few months back, but I wish DC would still publish Christmas Specials on an annual basis, or at least a brand new Christmas Collection trade paperback. They did that once, but haven't released a new collection in years. I miss seasonal stories. Alan Brennert's Supergirl/Deadman story was a highlight. Some writers saved their best for the Holiday season. Back in the forties, fifties, sixties, and seventies there were quite a few stories.

--jthree
    I think they still do. Aren't there always 4 holiday specials every year? Some variation of Valentines Day, Summer fun, Halloween, and Christmas.

This year's Christmas-season special was solicited last month, and is an 80-page $9.99 book releasing on 11/29:

DC’S GRIFTER GOT RUN OVER BY A REINDEER #1
    Ho-ho-ho my gosh, it's time to deck the halls with holly...er, Harley Quinn, Batman, and more of your favorite DC superstars!

Who made it to the Nice List? Hawkman? Black Canary? Is that Animal Man on the naughty list? And how did Grifter find himself in the targeting sights of those pesky reindeer! Get one for you and an extra for a loved one's stocking (yule be glad you did!) in this holiday song celebration!

Written by DEREK FRIDOLFS, JOHN LAYMAN, MAX BEMIS, CAVAN SCOTT, MICHAEL CONRAD, SCOTT BRYAN WILSON, and more!

Art by DUSTIN NGUYEN, FICO OSSIO, CHRISTOPHER MITTEN, SKYLAR PATRIDGE, and others

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I'm picking up:

Batman/Spawn
    Batman Vs Robin
    Batman/Superman: Worlds Finest
    Dark Crisis
    Dark Crisis: Big Bang
    Flash #789 & 790 (all covers)
    Justice Society of America
    Stargirl
    Tales from Earth 6
    Dark Crisis: War Zone
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    It's right after Mad Magazine.
    That's a TPB. There's no regular issue of Monkey Prince in the December solicitations.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's a TPB. There's no regular issue of Monkey Prince in the December solicitations.
    December's issue, for some reason, was in November's solicits.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    December's issue, for some reason, was in November's solicits.
    Ya, guess that's the confusion - book isn't cancelled (yet), there's a December issue coming out - DC didn't advance solicit the January issue for whatever reason.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    There's miscommunication going on. Monkey Prince had two issues solicited with the November solicits. #8 for November and #9 with a scheduled release date of 12/6. A bunch of extra stuff in the November solicits (released a month ago) had December dates.
    Yes, and all those early solicits appear on the DC Connect #28 Checklist for November.

The December solicits at Newsarama have a section at the back called:

"DC December 2022 comic books solicited with November titles"

I haven't checked if that list is complete.

I guess that's something Newsarama did as a courtesy, since I don't see that in the solicits at CBR, and the list isn't in DC Connect #29 either.

https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-comics...ations-covers/

One extra item actually in the December solicits is a "Monkey Prince #9 DC Holiday Card Variant" cover. (These "Card Variants" are distinct from the DC Holiday Variants but I don't know what the difference is.)

It's a mess, because there is no way to actually ORDER this Monkey Prince cover from the DC Connect December checklist! So the cover is solicited in a DC Connect that has no order form for it.

DC has never figured out who that checklist is for. It says on it "Fill out this checklist and return to your retailer to make sure you don't miss the latest from DC!" and it APPEARS to be a checklist of comics appearing on the dates shown, but it is NOT. It's a checklist of comics that the retailer can order for that month, which usually overlaps with what will be released on those dates - but often at the end of the year doesn't quite work out that way. Also, books requiring extra lead time for production reasons are often solicited a month earlier than usual.

So if you are using the December checklist to figure out what December books you want, you'll miss the ones on the November checklist.

DC has given up including the checkmark columns for variant covers. At first, there was an A and B column. Then they added a 3rd checkbox to the right of the title for books with more than two variants, along with an area to write in details (like artist name). Then they forgot about that 3rd checkbox and went back to just A and B columns. Starting with the November checklist, they've given up columns entirely, and just have a wide single line. There are now so many covers being produced that I guess DC assumes anyone who wants variants will communicate about them some other way with the retailer.

Batman/Spawn #1 will have 16 covers!

But wait, we aren't done yet.

Action #1050 will have 27 covers!!

Remember the good old days when there were at most "decade" covers, so there would be a main cover and 9 variants for the big anniversary specials?

I wonder who runs the variant program - is this a Jim Lee deal?

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    . . . But wait, we aren't done yet.

Action #1050 will have 27 covers!!

Remember the good old days when there were at most "decade" covers, so there would be a main cover and 9 variants for the big anniversary specials?

I wonder who runs the variant program - is this a Jim Lee deal?
    Hey, the Superman franchise can use all the help / hype it can get!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    I think they still do. Aren't there always 4 holiday specials every year? Some variation of Valentines Day, Summer fun, Halloween, and Christmas.

This year's Christmas-season special was solicited last month, and is an 80-page $9.99 book releasing on 11/29:

DC’S GRIFTER GOT RUN OVER BY A REINDEER #1
    Ho-ho-ho my gosh, it's time to deck the halls with holly...er, Harley Quinn, Batman, and more of your favorite DC superstars!

Who made it to the Nice List? Hawkman? Black Canary? Is that Animal Man on the naughty list? And how did Grifter find himself in the targeting sights of those pesky reindeer! Get one for you and an extra for a loved one's stocking (yule be glad you did!) in this holiday song celebration!

Written by DEREK FRIDOLFS, JOHN LAYMAN, MAX BEMIS, CAVAN SCOTT, MICHAEL CONRAD, SCOTT BRYAN WILSON, and more!

Art by DUSTIN NGUYEN, FICO OSSIO, CHRISTOPHER MITTEN, SKYLAR PATRIDGE, and others
    Thank you ohfellow, but with a title such as DC's Grifter got Run Over by a Reindeer, the seasonal spirit I was hoping for may not be exactly what was hoped for. I passed on the past two seasonal specials, because they looked a bit too eh. . . messy. I was hoping for more collections of older material.

--jthree