Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Namorita

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I think Namora was originally Namorita's mother, and then it was revealed Nita was actually her clone? Is Namora even around these days?
    Yeah. But Nita is actually a clone of Namora that some villain impregnated Namora with without her knowledge. She later died but then just around the time of War of Kings/Thanos Imperative she was pulled from the Timestream and hooked back up with Nova, then she got captured by Lord Mar-Vell of the Cancerverse but was saved by the Annihilators and then...went MIA. As for Namora, she should still be hanging with the Agents of Atlas.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Yeah. But Nita is actually a clone of Namora that some villain impregnated Namora with without her knowledge. She later died but then just around the time of War of Kings/Thanos Imperative she was pulled from the Timestream and hooked back up with Nova, then she got captured by Lord Mar-Vell of the Cancerverse but was saved by the Annihilators and then...went MIA. As for Namora, she should still be hanging with the Agents of Atlas.
    Actually, I believe you have that backwards. Please reread the links in my previous post entirely.
    Last edited by Micabe; 11-22-2022 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Link(s) added.

So the retcon is that Talan was Namora's husband at the time, but not actually Namorita's father?

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Actually, I believe you have that backwards. Please reread the links in my previous post entirely.
    Oh, so Namora went to Vyrra willingly since Talan's swimmers couldn't do the job? Who the hell seeks out a rogue scientist to get knocked up? That's just asking for trouble, like that crappy Sci-Fi channel movie where Jeffrey Combs was kidnapping and knocking women up with Shark/Human hybrids and managed to create one really vicious monster.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

Oh, so Namora went to Vyrra willingly since Talan's swimmers couldn't do the job? Who the hell seeks out a rogue scientist to get knocked up? That's just asking for trouble, like that crappy Sci-Fi channel movie where Jeffrey Combs was kidnapping and knocking women up with Shark/Human hybrids and managed to create one really vicious monster.
    oooh, what! Lol, just too much! But evil scientists will do that to ya every time! Beware, lol!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

IIRC, the clone twist came from Byrne's revelation that Atlantean-Human hybrids were sterile - which is what led Namora to the Mad Scientist type on the outskirts of Atlantis for help. Given that Namor offspring have sprung up in other stories, it may have been ignored/undone or has been forgotten by subsequent writers...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    oooh, what! Lol, just too much! But evil scientists will do that to ya every time! Beware, lol!
    Totally! Watch out ladies...no, not just the ladies, everyone run for your lives!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    IIRC, the clone twist came from Byrne's revelation that Atlantean-Human hybrids were sterile - which is what led Namora to the Mad Scientist type on the outskirts of Atlantis for help. Given that Namor offspring have sprung up in other stories, it may have been ignored/undone or has been forgotten by subsequent writers...
    It must have...I didn't even know that Namor had any kids. I thought he was still pining for Sue and wanting to make her his baby momma like all of his chad What If? counterparts. But then again...it's not that surprising given how old he is, he should at least have great-grandchildren by now.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Ugh as much as I love John Byrne, some of his character revisions are ridiculous. Especially his fixation on making a character a doppelganger of another character. There was absolutely no need to complicate Namorita's origin like this, and don't even get me started on what he did to Donna Troy over at DC following a somewhat similar path.

Maybe just some of them are sterile? Hmm well real-world biology has it that tiger/lion hybrids... are only sterile if they're male... so... maybe?

but yeah... Namor allegedly has 4 kids in 616:
    Kamar (son, deceased);
    three unnamed children (by Marrina)
    Hmm... Kamar's mother is an Atlantean, probably pure-blood. Marrina... isn't even from Earth, she's actually a Plodex alien.

Kamar got killed off a few issues after he was introduced, but he IS a Mutant apparently. I can't seem to find any indication of what happened to Marrina's children. One of the weird thing with Plodex is that... they sometimes just go insane and rampaging. Did Marrina kill them when she did that? Hmm although ofne of them might be mar: https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Mar_(Earth-616)
    Last edited by marhawkman; 11-22-2022 at 04:21 PM.

[[[redacted]]]
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume