Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Latest episode has Daryl and the group first run across a crazy conductor who has a Zombie puppet orchestra . Kind of reminds me of Princess's zombie "decorations", or the off-key "Anything goes" from Dead City.

They wind up going to Paris and we meet Isabelle's ex who is also the father of Laurent (Turns out he had an affair with her sister) while she is trading her old drugs and stolen watches to get Daryl a way home. There's a secret nightclub there run by him. In real life, There have actually been some secret establishments built in some of the catacombs from time to time (although they are illegal).

The guy seeking out Daryl finds him and starts raiding the nightclubs and another hideout, and at the end Daryl falls through a roof although obviously he's going to escape. He also joins the other military group who are conducting experiments on Zombies; seems they are giving it some sort of adrenaline boost which makes it stronger and faster, but also causes it's head to burst. Maybe they think it can be used as a weapon against them to make them 'self destruct'...or alternatively, have them be faster and stronger as a weapon against their fellow humans and this one didn't last that long? Seems to be similar to what they were doing in World Beyond.

Also Isabelle revisits her apartment, and we see the girl from the first episode didn't make it, and still is in the garden because her walker is stuck. Daryl also encounters another acid walker, but uses it to his advantage to burn open a door.

Overall I'm kind of liking this a lot more than Dead City, which mainly
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Latest episode has Daryl and the group first run across a crazy conductor who has a Zombie puppet orchestra . Kind of reminds me of Princess's zombie "decorations", or the off-key "Anything goes" from Dead City.
    I saw that and thought "Orchestra of the Damned".

The episode was good. I don't think anyone was surprised by the ex showing up alive but I don't know that we could've called him being the father of the new Messiah.

They need to come up with a good villain because this jag off just isn't cutting it for me. He reminds of Crais from Farscape with even less ability to see reality.

And the visual of the girl from the first episode was definitely creepy.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    After 10 years, I would think that anybody still alive understands pretty damn well how zombies work.

But also, shouldn't most of the zombies be old and rotted to the point of being blind and barely mobile?
    Zombies don't work like real dead people they rot and decay but never to the point of total decompression they still mobile and strong and seem to last as long as humans look at land of the dead by that point the Zombies were 10/15 years old but are still around with no end in sight the zombie virus must keep them regenerated to a point.

It's also possible I guess that somehow their 'food' sustains them.

Although I'm pretty sure we've seen detained/starved walkers who don't look as bad as some of those out in the wild. Then again, less exposure to the elements....

I'm so glad that next week is the season finale of The Walking Dead: Daryl Dixon.

Because everything about this show except Norman Reedus has become an embarrassment.

Last night's episode was such a clusterf**k of stupidity that I am surprised that everyone involved didn't issue a public apology after the episode aired.

Sister Harry Potter has no backbone, Fake Christ Child is pure evil and stupid (between once again not running away when he was told to and cutting the boat loose and screwing Daryl, he needs to die. Seriously, after the boat incident, I would've killed him where he stood) and the evil french lady in desperate need of getting laid gives a speech that reminds you of the Vichy french who collaborated with the Nazis. Worse yet, it was shot like they were trying to recreate Leni Riefenstahl's Triumph of the Will.

And then they rip off Star Trek DS9 by unveiling zombies they shoot up with the TWD version of ketracel white and turn them into the Jem'hadar. Why the powers-that-be are destroying a great character by surrounding him with stupid characters and crap writing is beyond me, but this is next level failure on every front.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I suppose they're setting up with Those Who Live with Carol saying somebody came back, although if it's Rick you'd figure she would've led with that because wasn't that the whole point of Daryl's quest in the first place?

Carol/Mcbride has been confirmed to be joining the cast as a regular for the second season, subtitled "The Book of Carol".

Since part of the reason she didn't do season one was because she couldn't commute to Europe, makes me wonder if she either sorted that out or season 2 will be filmed stateside, either doubling for Europe or Daryl returns to America.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Carol/Mcbride has been confirmed to be joining the cast as a regular for the second season, subtitled "The Book of Carol".

Since part of the reason she didn't do season one was because she couldn't commute to Europe, makes me wonder if she either sorted that out or season 2 will be filmed stateside, either doubling for Europe or Daryl returns to America.
    I can only hope they do a better job of writing the series or at the very least to stop surrounding Daryl (and now Carol) with stupid AF characters.

Oh man. That almost ending nearly ruined an already mediocre show, but the actual end kind of saved it for me.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 10-15-2023 at 06:38 PM.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I've now watched all of this show. Overall I liked it.
    Since we know the virus started here I feel it was logical to see an extension, evolution of the zombies like was teased in TWD S11 finale.
    Seems that even a decade into an apocalypse that Gain of Function research is still a thing what with the serum they are testing.

Initially I was bummed that Carol was not coming onto the show but now that she is back I like how they are working her back in.

So Darryl was up in/around Maine. That means it took him past Manhattan. Would this be before or after events of Dead City I wonder? Probably not important but since I've seen all of TWDU of shows just a bit curious.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Think Dead City might take place after, part of the advertising was that it was 5 or 6 years after the finale. Fits with Herschel's age, although of course Carl and to a degree Judith seemed to age pretty fast in the span of what is supposed to be only a few months or years.

Although I suppose Daryl could've been searching for Rick that long. He was certainly doing something similar in the Time gap before "Whisperer War" (although searching for Rick much closer to home and his relationship with Leah).