Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Gargoyles

Spectacular Member Voices From the Eyrie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Link please!
    https://spidey-dude.com/voices-from-...e-32-outfoxed/

Astonishing Member

Gargoyles works better in its own universe in the mind of Greg Wiseman but if there's ever a crossover with most likely Marvel as it own by Disney, would a interdimensonal travel be a better way to explain the story but if Gargoyles(not counting Issac Christians and the like), they would be mistaken for mutants afterall even if there's a no limit to the amount of magical races in the Marvel U. I don't know what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Gargoyles works better in its own universe in the mind of Greg Wiseman
    Agreed. Just because both are owned by Disney doesn't mean this is something the world needs. I mean, they own Aliens now, too... do we need Ellen Ripley to show up in Gargoyles?

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

My exception would be having Gargoyles stuff appear in Kingdom Hearts.

Incredible Member

After reading the most recent issue, I hope when the case is over, Brandon dumps Margot (cause, crikey is this gal insufferable).

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    My exception would be having Gargoyles stuff appear in Kingdom Hearts.
    I know, right?! It almost happened. Here's the link: https://gamingbolt.com/kingdom-heart...argoyles-in-it

Quote Originally Posted by Voices From the Eyrie View Post
    Agreed. Just because both are owned by Disney doesn't mean this is something the world needs. I mean, they own Aliens now, too... do we need Ellen Ripley to show up in Gargoyles?
    I mean, it would certainly be interesting having Goliath take down an Alien...

In all seriousness, yeah a non-canon crossover could be pretty fun. Like Xanatos meeting Tony Stark, Goliath meeting either Capt. America or Thor (which would be something else, considering Goliath's previous run-in with the Norse Pantheon).

Incredible Member

Still no word on this series getting another artist?

I'm really trying to look beyond the art and get into it, but it's tough. The art just gets in the way of the flow.

What kind of art are we looking at for Dark Ages, by the way? I'm glad to hear there will be a spinoff, but with Greg's complex plotting and more possibly abstracted art, it's not easy to get excited...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Gargoyles works better in its own universe in the mind of Greg Wiseman but if there's ever a crossover with most likely Marvel as it own by Disney, would a interdimensonal travel be a better way to explain the story but if Gargoyles(not counting Issac Christians and the like), they would be mistaken for mutants afterall even if there's a no limit to the amount of magical races in the Marvel U. I don't know what you think.
    Weisman has already written several crossovers of the Gargoyles with his SSM and also iirc YJ and in the case of SSM even used the actual voice actors to act out the scenes

https://gargwiki.net/Religious_Studi...dful_of_Thorns

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I mean, it would certainly be interesting having Goliath take down an Alien...

In all seriousness, yeah a non-canon crossover could be pretty fun. Like Xanatos meeting Tony Stark, Goliath meeting either Capt. America or Thor (which would be something else, considering Goliath's previous run-in with the Norse Pantheon).
    Xanatos meeting Tony Stark has already happened in a script that he wrote for a con:

https://gargwiki.net/Recruits

Later that night, Goliath and Elisa are approached by Batman, who wishes to recruit Goliath into the Justice League. Before they can consider the offer, however, Iron Man arrives to try to convince him to instead join the Avengers. Both are immediately interrupted by David Xanatos, who has returned from his retreat in Xanadu to offer Bruce Wayne and Tony Stark positions in his new club, "Rich Boys with Big Toys." Goliath and Elisa decide to leave the billionaires to sort this out amongst themselves.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 04-30-2023 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Weisman has already written several crossovers of the Gargoyles with his SSM and also iirc YJ and in the case of SSM even used the actual voice actors to act out the scenes

https://gargwiki.net/Religious_Studi...dful_of_Thorns

Xanatos meeting Tony Stark has already happened in a script that he wrote for a con:

https://gargwiki.net/Recruits
    I could easily see Hudson and Alfred taking a moment, drinking some tea, and reflecting on the younger generations, lol. Damian and Ace would love Bronx...

Curse you Disney for sitting on the IP and doing almost nothing with it for over 20 years!

Mighty Member

This was a pretty packed issue, even more so than the previous one. Greg Weisman wasn't kidding when he said this is where the serialization really kicks it up.

We're got Weisman's version of "And Justice for All," which is already more interesting to me because it's less about Goliath being framed for a crime and more about whether or not gargoyles would even be considered sapient enough to be subjected to human laws. It's also more interesting because, rather than being a single-episode plot, it affects much more, from Elisa and Matt's strained partnership to Brooklyn's pragmatic leadership putting more dents into the dynamics of the Manhattan Clan.

I also love Hudson's narration throughout the issue. I've enjoyed the past couple of narrations and how they tell us so much about the characters compared to the start. I could hear the late Ed Asner in every line. And how fitting that Gargoyles: Dark Ages was also announced this month.

And I haven't even mentioned other minor plot-points like Broadway and Angela's plans, Lexington communicating with "Amp", Tony Dracon and Tomas Brod being cell buddies to Goliath, John Castaway's brief return, the mysterious benefactor to both Goliath's legal defense and the Gargoyle Task Force's funding, etc. It's so much to juggle. Maybe too much, as the Romeo and Juliet-esque plot was underserved considering its importance. But compared to the first arc, I'd rather have the comic explore as much as possible.

George Kambadais continues to grow on me. Matt looks a lot better and the expressions of the gargoyles continue to improve. My favorite page is Goliath turned to stone in chains, while a resigned Elisa watches. It looks good and says so much without a word.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    This was a pretty packed issue, even more so than the previous one. Greg Weisman wasn't kidding when he said this is where the serialization really kicks it up.

We're got Weisman's version of "And Justice for All," which is already more interesting to me because it's less about Goliath being framed for a crime and more about whether or not gargoyles would even be considered sapient enough to be subjected to human laws. It's also more interesting because, rather than being a single-episode plot, it affects much more, from Elisa and Matt's strained partnership to Brooklyn's pragmatic leadership putting more dents into the dynamics of the Manhattan Clan.

I also love Hudson's narration throughout the issue. I've enjoyed the past couple of narrations and how they tell us so much about the characters compared to the start. I could hear the late Ed Asner in every line. And how fitting that Gargoyles: Dark Ages was also announced this month.

And I haven't even mentioned other minor plot-points like Broadway and Angela's plans, Lexington communicating with "Amp", Tony Dracon and Tomas Brod being cell buddies to Goliath, John Castaway's brief return, the mysterious benefactor to both Goliath's legal defense and the Gargoyle Task Force's funding, etc. It's so much to juggle. Maybe too much, as the Romeo and Juliet-esque plot was underserved considering its importance. But compared to the first arc, I'd rather have the comic explore as much as possible.

George Kambadais continues to grow on me. Matt looks a lot better and the expressions of the gargoyles continue to improve. My favorite page is Goliath turned to stone in chains, while a resigned Elisa watches. It looks good and says so much without a word.
    On our podcast, Greg Weisman said that the team that did Goliath Chronicles had access to his premises... and all this one said was maybe "Trial of Goliath" and they ran off in their own direction and didn't consult him. But yes, while trial sounds more dramatic, in the comic it's not going to be a trial... it's going to be a hearing. Because he's not being charged with a crime, as you pointed out... the question is, is he an intelligent being that should have rights? And yeah, an event like this should be big.

Likewise it's great that Demona is returning while this is taking place... because there's no way she's not going to, at least, have an opinion.

Astonishing Member

On our podcast, Greg Weisman said that the team that did Goliath Chronicles had access to his premises... and all this one said was maybe "Trial of Goliath" and they ran off in their own direction and didn't consult him.
    Does that mean most of the episodes in TGC post-Journey were based on his ideas. Runaways was supposedl based on Timedancer. I could see the New Olympians and Thailog eps being based on his ideas. But what about stuff like Broadway Goes to Hollywood or To Serve Mankind?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Does that mean most of the episodes in TGC post-Journey were based on his ideas. Runaways was supposedl based on Timedancer. I could see the New Olympians and Thailog eps being based on his ideas. But what about stuff like Broadway Goes to Hollywood or To Serve Mankind?
    That appears to be the case with some... but it's not like they had full outlines, or much details. Greg's season three list, as he says on out show, came down to maybe a few words... but no more than a sentence. So the TGC crew had almost nothing to go on. But yes, "Runaways" was supposed to be based on TimeDancer. And while Alexander was going to get kidnapped, it was by Raven the Trickster and not some corrupt politician. "Genesis Undone" may have been the Halloween double date story where Thailog returns that we saw in SLG. "To Serve Mankind" may have been the Stone of Destiny story... we don't have much to go on.

Astonishing Member

That appears to be the case with some... but it's not like they had full outlines, or much details. Greg's season three list, as he says on out show, came down to maybe a few words... but no more than a sentence. So the TGC crew had almost nothing to go on. But yes, "Runaways" was supposed to be based on TimeDancer. And while Alexander was going to get kidnapped, it was by Raven the Trickster and not some corrupt politician.
    I forgot about that one. Was that the Trickster story where Anasi/Coyote were also to appear?