Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Gargoyles

Kind of reminds me of how Chris Yost wrote out a bunch of synposis for a full season of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes season 3.

Astonishing Member

I had a dream where I read announcements of more spin offs like Greg doing a sequel to Timedancers to do more than what he was able to do in Slave Labor. I woke up disappointed that was not true in real life.

Spectacular Member Voices From the Eyrie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    I had a dream where I read announcements of more spin offs like Greg doing a sequel to Timedancers to do more than what he was able to do in Slave Labor. I woke up disappointed that was not true in real life.
    If the comics keep selling, it may become true in real life.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Kind of reminds me of how Chris Yost wrote out a bunch of synposis for a full season of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes season 3.
    It's pretty much known that Weisman has a plan mapped out for the entire shared universe so for example how the current shows like Gargoyles and spinoffs about King Arthur or the Hunters lead into the final show set in the future or the final fates of the characters so for example Goliath's fate is already mapped out in stone already.

But you can also see that his shows borrows a lot from each other. For example you definitely can see antecedents of Young Justice from his work on Roswell Conspiracies (a show that he wrote a story bible for) and Gargoyles. But you can definitely the Light having inspiration from the Illuminati and also the villains in Roswell Conspiracies.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    It's pretty much known that Weisman has a plan mapped out for the entire shared universe so for example how the current shows like Gargoyles and spinoffs about King Arthur or the Hunters lead into the final show set in the future or the final fates of the characters so for example Goliath's fate is already mapped out in stone already.

But you can also see that his shows borrows a lot from each other. For example you definitely can see antecedents of Young Justice from his work on Roswell Conspiracies (a show that he wrote a story bible for) and Gargoyles. But you can definitely the Light having inspiration from the Illuminati and also the villains in Roswell Conspiracies.
    I did not know that! I actually just recently watched the show and enjoyed the heck out of it! I can kind of see the Weisman-isms in the plot and characters even though it actually had a conclusive ending .

Now I'm starting to notice similiarites between General Rinaker and Weisman's Wade Eiling from his Captain Atom run.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Still no word on this series getting another artist?
    https://twitter.com/GeorgeKambadais/...70242695909376

NOPE!

George is doing a fantastic job, we hope he sticks around for a long, long time.

Here's Dynamite's video...

And here's ours...

Astonishing Member

so anyone here read the new issue. Enjoyable, we focus on the gang war and less on Goliath trial.

Mighty Member

Finally got to read this issue. I couldn't get any more paper issues due to....reasons, so I had to buy it digital. At least I'm caught up.

I sound like a broken record, but this issue had my favorite narrator yet in Brooklyn. We get quite a bit of his perspective in both the current events and his past Timedancing. The imagery of him literally drowning and its repetition were effective, also thanks to George Kambadais's art work. I really liked the spread with all of this Timedancer adventures, particularly the glimpse into 2198 and the origin of Nashville's name. If I had any complaints, the line about that being a good spin-off felt too on-the-nose and dented my immersion. Also, I felt the narration just vanished as we were getting towards the issue's ending reveal. Makes me wonder if we'll continue it or if someone else will narrate (Demona?).

The story is very packed, between the progress in Goliath's trial, Dino Dracon's schemes creating a gang war, the development of a few relationships. I'm impressed that he's sacrificing himself like this test out the relationship between humans and gargoyles, and the attempted escape could actually complicate things. The gang war plot continues to interest me, especially how Dino has become wiser and methodological, but no less bloodthirsty. Him being willing to risk Tony's safety isn't surprising, but it still hits hard when he says it out loud. And I loved the reveal of Volkov's son being Wolf at the end. Everyone's been hyping up Demona so I was expecting her to show up, but Wolf was a complete surprise and an intriguing addition to the ongoing gang war.

The brief scene between Broadway and Lexington was also intriguing. We see some of the distance that Brooklyn has with the others, especially since Broadway is asking Lex to essentially be his "best man". We also get official confirmation that Lex has a long-distance relationship with Staghart, something that has been only hinted that or stated outside the material until now. It's not a whole lot, but I'm glad we finally got an official word on it. Lex's soft smile after Broadway asked him about it was lovely. I'll patiently wait to see Staghart return. Antoinette approaching Broadway to interfere with the gang war ties into his connection to the crime family nicely, but feels off in execution. We can deduce that she knows their names if her brother told her about their run-ins and that the Eyrie Building as their hideout isn't that far of a stretch, but I still feel there's a missing factor. I'm willing to see how the rest of the story plays off for now.

Great issue. I can't believe we're now halfway through the confirmed 12-issue run. I'm grateful for Dark Ages coming soon, but I hope the main run can extend some more.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    I really liked the spread with all of this Timedancer adventures, particularly the glimpse into 2198 and the origin of Nashville's name.
    Since USS Nashville is a Brooklyn-class cruiser (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Nashville_(CL-43) ).

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Since USS Nashville is a Brooklyn-class cruiser (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Nashville_(CL-43) ).
    And the very next Brooklyn-class cruiser constructed after the Nashville? The Phoenix!

Incredible Member

Has there been any news about them reprinting the Slave Labor Graphics issues?

Greg said he'd heard they would...like, last year.

Not our show, but Greg Weisman just did a lengthy interview about the Dynamite Gargoyles comic for the DuckTalks show.

Things sound pretty optimistic for a long, healthy run.

Also, George Kambadais posted some preview art for #8

https://twitter.com/GeorgeKambadais/...16059464941570