Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Gargoyles

Incredible Member

I didn't know Michael passed! Thank you for telling us. He was a real talent.

Edit:

I read issue 4. Still not loving the art. It looks great in some instances and sloppy and vague in others. I like that the book has a mood and tone visually but we've sacrificed character specificity. I'm not always able to make out stuff I think I should be able to make out.

Great seeing Hudson and Goliath talk about the Trio. I hope the action plots don't overwhelm the storytelling. I'd happily take an issue all about hearing how change has impacted these characters.

A Timedancer spinoff would really help fill in the blanks.
    Last edited by DisneyBoy; 03-25-2023 at 10:19 PM.

Fuente Instagram Frank Cho Sketch Cover Megacon

Or since it's Marvel... Gargouille.

Spectacular Member Voices From the Eyrie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Voices From the Eyrie View Post
    Alas, not a whole lot to go on. Maybe we see the London Clan from 1000 years prior? Or maybe even a mainland clan? We know what happened to Demona, so I doubt we get a retread of that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Alas, not a whole lot to go on. Maybe we see the London Clan from 1000 years prior? Or maybe even a mainland clan? We know what happened to Demona, so I doubt we get a retread of that.
    Dark Ages was one of the original spinoffs he had planned.

It was iirc how
    -Castle Wyvern was built in the first place and why Prince Malcom was there and ties into Scottish History of how Kenneth (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenneth_II_of_Scotland) who was Malcom's brother became King after they had lost their throne to a rival clan and were hunted fugitives.
    -how Malcom and his best friend (the Captain of the Guard) made the original alliance with the Gargoyles and how the Archmage entered into their service (the implication being that he used his magic to help build the castle).
    -also the secret of the ruins under Castle Wyvern, which according to concept art belonged to a near extinct race of dragons that predated Gargoyles and the Children of Oberon.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 04-20-2023 at 07:09 PM.

Mighty Member

Cool that they're developing some of Weisman's original spin-off ideas. Dark Ages wasn't my dream choice, but there's still stuff that interests me like a bigger focus on Hudson and Goliath and Demona being a (relatively) happy couple.

I like Hudson's opening monologue. I'll withhold my other thoughts until the full issue is out.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Astonishing Member

anyone noticed based on what we seeing Goliath getting captured by the police and the solitics saying he's on trial, is similar to a episode of the Goliath Chronicles where he even had a lawyer

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    anyone noticed based on what we seeing Goliath getting captured by the police and the solitics saying he's on trial, is similar to a episode of the Goliath Chronicles where he even had a lawyer
    The trial of Goliath was an idea Weisman had... the TGC team went in a very poor direction with it, executed it badly.

He talks about it here, this post was from 1998: https://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/search.php?qid=560

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Voices From the Eyrie View Post
    The trial of Goliath was an idea Weisman had... the TGC team went in a very poor direction with it, executed it badly.

He talks about it here, this post was from 1998: https://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/search.php?qid=560
    Ah, gotcha, thanks

That does explain a lot!

I'm curious how this Romeo and Juliet Gang War storyline is going to coincide with with the Goliath trial arc. Will the Clan have to deal with that while Goliath pleads his case?

So are Broadway and Angela going to get officially married by Gargoyle standards?

The moment when after all these years your brother doesn't pick you to go out on missions...the team really is changing.

The newest episode of our podcast is up. We discuss our first impressions of the fifth issue with Greg Weisman; and we ask him about the differences between his Goliath on trial arc and the Goliath Chronicles' episode.

Likewise, we discuss the announcement of the Dark Ages spin-off with him.

This is all in our "Outfoxed" episode.

Voices from the Eyrie... on Apple, Audible, Spotify, and your podcatcher of choice.

Incredible Member

Link please!