Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Gargoyles

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yes! Been wanting Gargoyles back for a good while!

Season 3 was, well, yeah. But otherwise, really looking forward to this!

Now to see about merging Gargoyles with Marvel Comics somehow...
    Season 3 was bad, if the show had stayed in syndication with the Disney Afternoon, IMHO what is that might (MIGHT being the keyword here) have saved the show. It wasn't a Saturday morning series.

Why move it too Saturday mornings on a major network where standards and practices killed the show? Also the animation sucked because they shipped to the Disney animators doing all the DTV sequels and the other shows and the dip in quality shows. What is really sad about season 3 is that there are some really good ideas, even some great ideas and concepts but they are so poorly executed that it's borders on or just is 100% total incompetence.
    Last edited by Cyberstrike; 10-06-2022 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    OMG! Loved the "World Tour Saga" where they met mythological creatures & legendary beings.

Still hoping someday there'll be a sequel to Future Tense, though...

I always thought that episode with the alien on Easter island, was setting up a spinoff. Hopefully he'll show up in the comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    I always thought that episode with the alien on Easter island, was setting up a spinoff. Hopefully he'll show up in the comic.
    I know, right?! I was thinking the same thing whenever King Arthur made an appearance (XD)

Spectacular Member Voices From the Eyrie's Avatar

Heh, Weisman has said he's against this.

Speaking of Weisman...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Still confused how Disney hasnt revived this property on D+
    Because they already own Marvel and one of the reasons Eisner/Disney supported this project was to have their version of Marvel Comics.

https://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/search.php?rid=837

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Weisman
    2. FLASHBACKS:I can't help but be reminded of events in the mid-nineties, when Michael Eisner (then CEO of Disney) wanted to buy Marvel, so that he'd have super-heroes to compete with Warner Bros' DC Universe heroes (including Superman and Batman). Back then, however, Marvel was, or so I was told, a corporate mess. And it wasn't just that -- as now -- various studios already had the rights to individual characters, but that the rights had been double sold all over the place, and that every character pretty much represented a lawsuit in the making if not already in the works. Eisner was advised NOT to buy Marvel, and of course he didn't. But he REALLY wanted to be competing in the boys action/super-hero market. That was when the Gargoyles Universe was raised as a possible alternative. We pointed out that the Marvel Universe began with the Fantastic Four, and that we could use Gargoyles as a springboard to more properties and to an entire Universe. We were encouraged by Michael to create spin-off properties, backdoor pilots, etc. And that was THE major impetus for us to work on things like New Olympians, Bad Guys, Pendragon and Dark Ages. (Gargoyles Future Tense -- which became Gargoyles 2198 and TimeDancer came later.) It was also a reason to be expansive with the World Tour and introduce more and more new characters, etc. Of course, by the time all this stuff was actually made, the world had changed again.

Quote Originally Posted by Voices From the Eyrie View Post
    Heh, Weisman has said he's against this.

Speaking of Weisman...

Boo!
    and...
    Yay!

Mighty Member

Been wanting some stuff with gargoyles can’t wait to see this comic just wish that we get a revival tv show

For those of you interested, we host a podcast called "Voices From the Eyrie" which is going through each and every canon episode of "Gargoyles" one-by-one. Greg Weisman has participated in every episode discussion and will continue to do so. We've been described as three friends discussing a show we love and one just so happens to be the creator of the series.

We've also had on Greg Guler (Development Artist and Character Designer), Frank Paur (Co-Producer), Jamie Thomason (Voice Director), Thom Adcox (Lexington), Jeff Bennett (Brooklyn), Bill Fagerbakke (Broadway), Carl Johnson (Series Composer), Jonathan Frakes (David Xanatos), Matt Asner (Ed Asner's son), Roy Sato (Japanese Animator), Keith David (Goliath), Brynne Chandler Reaves (Series Writer and Story Editor), Brent Spiner (Puck), Cary Bates (Series Writer and Story Editor).

And we will be discussing and bringing further news on the Dynamite comics. We're excited and Greg Weisman is excited.

https://spidey-dude.com/category/pod...oices-podcast/

Incredible Member

This will be a lot of,fun. I remember reading some of the pitches of the spin offs. So many little options to go with. Only down side,is that it’s through dynamite and somebody like Boom.

Editor, Nate Cosby showed a little preview on his Twitter account.

Quote Originally Posted by Voices From the Eyrie View Post
    Editor, Nate Cosby showed a little preview on his Twitter account.
    According to Weisman's original (and after the series was canceled) plans, he wanted Goliath and Elisa to adopt a child. Which, having a human kid grow up in a family of Gargoyles, sounds really cool. The comics even left off with spoilers:
    Brooklyn returning from 40 years of time travel with not only a mate, and an egg.
    end of spoilers

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

This is a long shot, but seeing the similarities between the New Olympians and the Inhumans, two groups of genetically enhanced beings living in techonologically advanced but isolated islands, I'm hoping for a multiversal encounter between both.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    This is a long shot, but seeing the similarities between the New Olympians and the Inhumans, two groups of genetically enhanced beings living in techonologically advanced but isolated islands, I'm hoping for a multiversal encounter between both.
    I could live with that. Or even a crossover with TMNT. Gargoyles above, Turtles below, and their foes in between.