Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Gargoyles

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I could live with that. Or even a crossover with TMNT. Gargoyles above, Turtles below, and their foes in between.
    There was this "pseudo-crossover" involving Gargoyles and the Spectacular Spider-Man back in the day. I definitely see Spidey meeting Goliath and his clan.

Spectacular Member Voices From the Eyrie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    There was this "pseudo-crossover" involving Gargoyles and the Spectacular Spider-Man back in the day. I definitely see Spidey meeting Goliath and his clan.
    It was a Radio Play performed at a convention written by Greg Weisman, and narrated by him. Several members of the cast of both shows participated as well as many fans. You can see it here: https://youtu.be/95V2vAFJmKs

Also, we have solicits and covers for #2!

(W) Greg Weisman (A) George Kambadais (CA) David Nakayama
    The Gargoyles have awakened from their stone sleep - but will it be in time to save Maggie the Cat and her unborn mutate child from Thailog and Sevarius? Plus, don't miss the return of Dominic Dracon!
    In Shops: Jan 11 2023

https://gargwiki.net/Here_In_Manhattan_Chapter_Two

A new baby in the mix...

Okay, just posted the newest episode of "Voices From the Eyrie - A Gargoyles Podcast"

Dynamite Entertainment editor, Nate Cosby, joins us to discuss the upcoming Gargoyles comic book! Nate and Greg tease the first arc, discuss their hopes for the comic as well as how it came about in the first place. Their process in how they cooperate is explained as we await the December 7th, 2022 release date!

We then discuss the seminal episode of the series, “Vows”, where Xanatos and Fox get married; time travel and the Phoenix Gate are introduced; and Greg discusses the working paradox version of time travel, why he chose it, and how it doesn’t negate free will. We also discuss the introduction of Xanatos’s father, and their relationship and Goliath making one last attempt to reach Demona.

Available on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Amazon Audible, Spotify, and your podcatcher of choice!

https://spidey-dude.com/voices-from-the-eyrie-24-vows/

Extraordinary Member

Variant by Drew Moss

Extraordinary Member

Gargoyles #1 Preview (Unlettered)
    Writer: Greg Weisman
    Artist: George Kambadais

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Gargoyles #1 Preview (Unlettered)
    Writer: Greg Weisman
    Artist: George Kambadais

So much to unpack. And if anyone didn't read it, the last Gargoyle series before this one introduced Brooklyn's family. Didn't have time for much else, because it was the last issue, but yeah. Looking forward to seeing more of the Manhattan Clan in this.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Voices From the Eyrie View Post
    This is more copies sold than the average indie comics isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    This is more copies sold than the average indie comics isn't it?
    That's like Batman numbers, from what I remember.

"Hey there fans, allow me to take you on a little journey… Back in 1991, my team and I at Walt Disney Television Animation, began developing a little show called GARGOYLES. Originally inspired by Disney’s Adventures of the Gummi Bears, it started life as a comedy-adventure series about cute little multicolored gargoyles (with names like Amp, Coco, Lassie and Ralph), who woke up in the late 20th Century to battle a comic villain (in the Captain Hook/Duke Igthorn-mode) named Xavier and his evil gargoyle henchwoman Demona.

"We were extremely enthusiastic about this show and pitched it to Michael Eisner, Chairman of the Walt Disney Company. He passed. But we still thought there was something in the notion, so we went back to the drawing board. We created the character of Goliath to lead the Gargoyle Clan and put the entire GARGOYLES development through the prism of who Goliath was, coming out the other side with, fundamentally, the television series that ended up airing on stations across the U.S. and elsewhere. We were extremely enthusiastic about this new version of the show – coming up with idea after idea – and pitched it all to Eisner.
    "He passed. But by this time, a lot of folks at Disney thought we might be onto something. So, we went back to the drawing board for a third time, to figure out what GARGOYLES was missing. Ultimately, I decided it was missing nothing. The problem wasn’t the show: it was the pitch. We had thrown everything and the kitchen sink into it. We had to simplify, bring it back to the core ideas. We tossed a lot of stuff out of the pitch that did eventually get into the show. (The Pack? Out. The Mutates? Out. Etc.) And we focused everything on the core relationship between Goliath, and his human friend, Detective Elisa Maza. One last time, we pitched the series to Eisner – though to be honest, I kinda thought he’d toss me out of the boardroom for pitching it yet again.

"But this time, he bought it. With Eisner's backing, we made two seasons of GARGOYLES for television syndication. And years later, I wrote an eighteen issue "Season Three" for Slave Labor Graphics. But GARGOYLES is my baby, and I've been desperate to get back to the series and its large and wondrous cast of characters for over a decade now – as have our extremely loyal fans, who've never allowed the show to fall out of the zeitgeist. Now – thanks to Disney, Dynamite, Nate Cosby and George Kambadais – we're back for "Season Four" with Goliath, Elisa, Demona, Xanatos, Brooklyn, Lexington, Broadway, Bronx, Angela, Coldstone, Coldfire, Owen, Fox, Alexander, the Pack, the Mutates, the Clones, and new or newer characters like Katana, Gnash, Fu-Dog, Egwardo and Dino Dracon. I can't wait for both old fans and new readers to see these stories and adventures, to resume this long and wonderful journey.

Thanks for hopping aboard,
    Greg Weisman, November 2022.
    A letter Weisman sent to sites like CBR, and hey... we have a name for that new villain he teased.

Disney's Gargoyles #1 Racks Up 179,093 Orders For Dynamite

That's insane! It's awesome but that's insane!

That's fantastic .

Holy crap! I know the Gargoyles fandom was still around, but to show up like that? Wow!

Incredible Member

Super excited for this series!

The art looks...very nice, great colors, just quite a bit different from what I was hoping for. Didn't one of the TV show's artists complete the previous "season" when the other artists dropped the ball on those comics? His work was beautiful and felt very true to the show. This is...more different than I was expecting.

Speaking of that SLG era, didn't they say they were finally rereleasing those comics since they were long out-of-print? Are they intending to have someone redo the art in those botched issues? Cause there were a couple that were really really rough...