Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Gargoyles

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

It was a good issue. nice to jump back into the world of Gargoyles and makes me sad that Disney isnt reviving it as an animated series.

I will say the only slight downside is that in true Greg fashion, you cant just have watched the animated series to be up to date with this revival. You have to also have read the last revival comic that ran from 2006-2009. I love it just as much as I hate it.

Fantastic Member

What is the arrangement with dynamite and Disney and why not bring it back as a cartoon like x men 97?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xwho View Post
    What is the arrangement with dynamite and Disney and why not bring it back as a cartoon like x men 97?
    Because Disney hates the property and likely doesn't know how to market it since its not star wars or marvel. They really dont do that kind of mature content

I know Weisman's done it a lot, but I'm amazed how new reader friendly yet comprehensive the first issue was .

Fantastic Member

Greg Weisman said in the podcast voices from the Eyire that the series had been Greenlit for a miniseries but the hope is that it jumps to hope or more.
    Does anyone one if more issues were ordered?

How well did issue 1 do sales wise?

Spectacular Member Voices From the Eyrie's Avatar

Greg Weisman said in the podcast voices from the Eyire that the series had been Greenlit for a miniseries but the hope is that it jumps to hope or more.
    Does anyone one if more issues were ordered?

How well did issue 1 do sales wise?
    He said there was an initial order for six issues, not that it's a mini-series, with a hope to do more. Considering there were 180,000+ orders for #1, I think the book is in great shape.

And thanks for listening!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Voices From the Eyrie View Post
    He said there was an initial order for six issues, not that it's a mini-series, with a hope to do more. Considering there were 180,000+ orders for #1, I think the book is in great shape.

And thanks for listening!
    I did not listen to the podcast, I found out by reading about it and I can get concerned that it won't get pick up to be a ongoing series.
    Last edited by Xwho; 12-31-2022 at 04:44 PM.

I did not listen to the podcast, I found out by reading about it and I can get concerned that it won't get pick up to be a ongoing series.
    I wouldn't worry right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Variant by George Kambadais

Cool, I recognize all the characters from the old comics and classic animated series except for the green gargoyle behind Nashville and Katana. Does anyone know that character's name? I thought maybe Fu-Dog but the character appears to be standing on two legs maybe I'm wrong.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Cool, I recognize all the characters from the old comics and classic animated series except for the green gargoyle behind Nashville and Katana. Does anyone know that character's name? I thought maybe Fu-Dog but the character appears to be standing on two legs maybe I'm wrong.
    It's Fu-Dog.

Extraordinary Member

Finally got a chance to read through this - the most interesting parts to me:

"Is it canon to the cartoon? Or involve previous comic book events?"

-Shae Duncan Hamlin

Weisman: Yes, the new Dynamite Gargoyles series is canon to the cartoon, as was the SLG series. But if I'm doing my job right, you don't need to have seen or read anything previously to enjoy the new stuff. You'll obviously get more out of it if you look at the entire tapestry that makes up the Gargoyles Universe.

"Is the last series still in continuity? And any chance of a collection of it?"

-Liam Johnson

Weisman: The SLG era is in continuity. The Marvel comics are not. But both series have really fun stories.

Dynamite: Yes, we are planning on doing collection(s) of the previous Marvel and SLG-era comics. More details coming soon!

"With the 2nd revival of Gargoyles in comic book format, will this be a good time to revive the old spin-offs?"

-Alex Phillips

Weisman: We all think so. Keep your fingers crossed.
    "What are your thoughts about doing Gargoyles comic specials, like Christmas, New Year's, and Valentine's Day?"

- Rochelle Norlund

Weisman: I'm certainly game. But I'm also likely to just incorporate major holidays into the series as we reach them on the calendar. Right now, the current stories are set in May 1997. I'm not currently planning a Memorial Day issue, but you never know.
    "Will these new comics continue later in 2023? My local comic store told me only three new issues and then Marvel reprints."

-Mark Baggio

Dynamite: Gargoyles is definitely going beyond three issues! Unless some scheduling things pop up, you should be able to expect a new issue each month. Ask your local store to subscribe to the series so you don't miss out.

Incredible Member

See, I thought I remembered them already having announced a reprint collection of the SLG books...am I crazy?

I even remember reading something about them fixing up those books, since the art in many of the issues was...well to put it politely, not up to snuff.

The artist from the cartoon series who came aboard later on to do interior art during the Demona/Brooklyn/Phoenix Gate issues was terrific though.