Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    Well I'm just rooting for the underdog here (first time I argue against Aquaman in this regard I believe) so don't mind my butthurtness.

I don't know, I guess it depends on the distance at which the fight starts. If they're within a few meters of each other I'd say the Hawks close the distance before Mera can insta-dry them out.

In terms of power levels, Aquaman has certainly gotten a boost, but he was also a super strong and super resistant being in the 90's incarnation as well. He wasn't a human-level combatant. He could cause seizures with his telepathy and definitely had considerable strength.

Thanks for that, Adam is a true beast. It basically qualifies Hawkman as a heavy-hitter type.

Also good point about the coordination. They are probably the more fluid and complimentary couple.
    Hawkman also took on Lobo for several rounds in Justice League United. Speaking of which, he was able to hold off J'onn and the Legion of Superheroes as well...mostly due to Nth Metal armor and a big gun:

Justice League United3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    Well I'm just rooting for the underdog here (first time I argue against Aquaman in this regard I believe) so don't mind my butthurtness.

I don't know, I guess it depends on the distance at which the fight starts. If they're within a few meters of each other I'd say the Hawks close the distance before Mera can insta-dry them out.

In terms of power levels, Aquaman has certainly gotten a boost, but he was also a super strong and super resistant being in the 90's incarnation as well. He wasn't a human-level combatant. He could cause seizures with his telepathy and definitely had considerable strength.

Thanks for that, Adam is a true beast. It basically qualifies Hawkman as a heavy-hitter type.

Also good point about the coordination. They are probably the more fluid and complimentary couple.
    No worries on the butthurt; its never a good day when a favorite character is running second banana to Aquaman. You do have a point on the distance though; at close quarters Carter and Shay (who are likely the better coordinated team) might be able to keep Mera and Orin off-balance long enough to take Mera down. Once that happens, Orin is out numbered and out fought. But that tactic isn't exactly new, and Mera herself is no slouch when it comes to strength and combat ability (she was trained as an assassin after all). But it might give the Hawks the edge they need to even the odds and take the win.

In the end, all four of these guys are heavy hitters, even if they're not super-heavy hitters like Superman and Wonder Woman. Well....Mera might be on that level offensively, but she can't take that level of punishment.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Who cares?!?!

These four characters should headline a team together!
    image.jpg

I liked Shayera's friendship with Arthur in 'The Nail' Elseworlds tail. It's too bad we never see these two couples interact. They'd be a killer team.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    image.jpg

I liked Shayera's friendship with Arthur in 'The Nail' Elseworlds tail. It's too bad we never see these two couples interact. They'd be a killer team.
    that would be nice, but their respective natural environment seems to be a big limiting factor.
    how was the nail? i seem to remember reading another nail and liking it. i liked the artist which i can't remember right now.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by themiddle View Post
    that would be nice, but their respective natural environment seems to be a big limiting factor.
    how was the nail? i seem to remember reading another nail and liking it. i liked the artist which i can't remember right now.
    I think the limiting factor is actually a strength. Having them come from different world opens up more potential for stories. The artist is Alan Davis, btw.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frost Warning View Post
    Hawkman also took on Lobo for several rounds in Justice League United. Speaking of which, he was able to hold off J'onn and the Legion of Superheroes as well...mostly due to Nth Metal armor and a big gun:

Justice League United3.jpg
    does the nth metal protect hawkman from telepathic attacks?

Well, Aquaman and Mera are powerhouses that the Hawks can't match really.

That being said, they can fly. And they can have kickass tech from Thanagar to nuke the aqua couple into oblivion from the sky.

Tough call. I guess the winners would be the rest of the Justice League, watching the show from the watchtower, laughing and eating popcorn as the jerks they are.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoingPostal View Post
    Well, Aquaman and Mera are powerhouses that the Hawks can't match really.

That being said, they can fly. And they can have kickass tech from Thanagar to nuke the aqua couple into oblivion from the sky.

Tough call. I guess the winners would be the rest of the Justice League, watching the show from the watchtower, laughing and eating popcorn as the jerks they are.
    In addition to Mera's hydrokineses, range weapons can prove advantageous in this fight. Thanagarian tech can give the Hawks some advantage.

Can Aquaman's trident summon lighting at will?

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by themiddle View Post
    the Nail is considered one of the best Elseworlds tale ever told
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

what if the fight was with a group of atlantean soldiers against a thanagarian hawkmen? the leaders of course would be aquaman and mera leading the atlanteans, the hawks leading the thanagarians.

how will each team stategize? what tactics they will use? and who has the better technological advantage?