Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default who would win in a fight? aquaman & mera vs. hawkman & hawkgirl

it's a slow day so i decided to see what the rest of you guys think.

so who would win in a straight out brawl? who is stronger? smarter?

and of course where should the fight be held for it to be considered fair? does the nth metal let the hawks breath underwater?

i was thinking of other couples to join the fight, but including clark and diana just doesn't seemed fair.

All-New Member

Presuming all four at there best and fighting at a location with both water and space to fly?

Aquaman and Mera would win. I think that 1v1 Aquaman would beat either Hawkman or Hawkgirl. It'd be a brutal fight, but I wouldn't expect either of them to beat the King of the Seas. Since the New 52 Aquaman has really become an A Lister in terms of power. Strength, toughness, an epic weapon, intelligence and finesse all combining to put him at a level just below that of New 52 Superman. I'm not sure how Mera would get on 1v1 - I suspect she'd win, though. She's not a heavy hitter but her Crowd Control and ability to dodge is fantastic.

2v2? Hawkman and Hawkgirl do the same thing. Meanwhile, Aquaman and Mera complement each other. They have a wider range of powers available to them and they know each other's strengths very well. I can't see it going any other way.

Quote Originally Posted by Shifte View Post
    Presuming all four at there best and fighting at a location with both water and space to fly?

Aquaman and Mera would win. I think that 1v1 Aquaman would beat either Hawkman or Hawkgirl. It'd be a brutal fight, but I wouldn't expect either of them to beat the King of the Seas. Since the New 52 Aquaman has really become an A Lister in terms of power. Strength, toughness, an epic weapon, intelligence and finesse all combining to put him at a level just below that of New 52 Superman. I'm not sure how Mera would get on 1v1 - I suspect she'd win, though. She's not a heavy hitter but her Crowd Control and ability to dodge is fantastic.

2v2? Hawkman and Hawkgirl do the same thing. Meanwhile, Aquaman and Mera complement each other. They have a wider range of powers available to them and they know each other's strengths very well. I can't see it going any other way.
    i tend to favor aquaman and mera as well. arthur got some serious upgrade lately and mera seems much more fiercer since she became a red lantern.

i wonder though how much of an equalizer the nth metal is. it supposed to grant hawkman super strength and durability/regeneration abilities. i can't remember, but isn't the nth metals full range of abilities still undiscovered?

with regards to teamwork? i think it's almost a tie. slight advantage to the atlanteans though because of telepathy.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Aquaman and Mera, no contest. Almost regardless of the arena, maybe deserts would be an exception, Mera could summon any local water source. That is a massive advantage against a flyer.

How about this? Aquaman and Hawkgirl vs Mera and Hawkman?
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Spectacular Member Carmen_Rider's Avatar

If this is any indication.... Aquaman and Mera for me. Maybe because of the flying fish Aquaman can summon to swarm the hawks. hehe

Aquaman and Mera would definitely win

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I love Hawkman and don't care for Aquaman, but Katar's best chance is staying airborne and flinging poop until they decide to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Aquaman and Mera, no contest. Almost regardless of the arena, maybe deserts would be an exception, Mera could summon any local water source. That is a massive advantage against a flyer.

How about this? Aquaman and Hawkgirl vs Mera and Hawkman?
    this might make the fight a little more balanced. hawkman is more savage and vicious than hawkgirl, mera may be more powerful than aquaman(?). but it might turn into two separate 1v1 melee with minimal teamwork, since 2 are grounded and the other 2 will just probably fight airborne.

Hawkman is like Wolverine. He has the upper Nth Metal hand. His savagery and warrior fighting skills, combined with the super healing factor and power of flight would tip the scales in favor of the Hawk team.

Hawkman and Hawkgirl no contest.
    WHO DAT?!!

Mera; on her own, no contest. She can control the water in their bloodstream. Yes, her hydrokinesis is that powerful, and that precise.

Fantastic Member

Didn't Hawk man already get smacked by Aquaman in the new 52? Regardless, Arthur has been a physical beast recently. And Mera has shown some rather impressive water control. Especially tearing water from someone's body and doing things like holding back a city sized tidal wave.

The hawks can't compete.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I love Hawkman and don't care for Aquaman, but Katar's best chance is staying airborne and flinging poop until they decide to leave.
    I LOLed far too much at this comment, my ribs hurt. But yeah, the King and Queen stomp.

I like all four characters and would love to see a team-up between them. However, in an environment which suits both couples, I would give the edge to Aquaman and Mera since they seem physically stronger. What type of weaponry or tech does Hawkman have now? Does he have any other weapons besides his nth metal mace?

I'd much rather they team up though. Especially Aquaman and Hawkman. I think they would make for great frenemies or unwilling allies.
    Last edited by nj06; 09-04-2014 at 08:53 PM.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!