Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

My favorite DC characters fighting?!? I would die...
    But really, Mera stomps Hawkman and Hawkgirl by herself. In fact, Mera could technically stomp most DC characters by herself.

Still, I would love a miniseries or OGN about these four. I loved Aquaman and Hawkwoman's moments in "The Nail." I felt like they clicked very well.

BANNED

Definitely Aquaman and Mera. Mera could easily solo in the beginning. Then Aquaman also could with his Trident which has better showings then the Hawks mace also has more reach. Aquaman also already tagged Hawkman while he was aerial in the new 52. If the Hawks used range tech more it might be better for them but their melee users. Now it might not matter at the heights Arthur could jump.

so far most of the comments have been for the aquaman and mera team. i'm thinking the title for this thread should have probably been " what does it take for hawkman and hawkgirl to win against aquaman and mera?".

about hawkman's nth metal, how quick does it heal him? and how much damage does it allow hawkman to take?

i remember once when superman, batman, and wonder woman considering league expansion, and one mentioned they needed a tank, hawkman's picture was placed on the table. (at that time i was thinking "wait, isn't superman the best tank they could ask for?").

i just saw this recently. aquaman and ocean master might be the under dogs in this match.

Both Aquaman and Mera have had a huge power upgrade in the past few years. Mera pulling the water out of that guy's body was incredibly bad ass. Not to mention holding back a tidal wave all be herself in Brightest Day. So i think they should take it.

Though Hawkman has shown recently that the Nth metal pretty much makes him indestructible. He can regrow limbs and survive in the vacuum of space. He has Wolverine max level durability. He's a hard man to take down.

i may need to borrow some of my friends hawkman comics. i wasn't aware that he can regrow severed limbs (can he?)

isn't it standard issue for thanagarian wingmen to wear nth metal helmets and armor that made them space worthy? i guess the armor also protects them from planet re-entries.
    Last edited by liwanag; 09-06-2014 at 03:22 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I love Hawkman and don't care for Aquaman, but Katar's best chance is staying airborne and flinging poop until they decide to leave.
    Omg Hahahaha. This is absolutely hilarious.
    Actually Aquaman could jump really high, so..... Hawkman needs to fly up quite a distance.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    My favorite DC characters fighting?!? I would die...
    But really, Mera stomps Hawkman and Hawkgirl by herself. In fact, Mera could technically stomp most DC characters by herself.

Still, I would love a miniseries or OGN about these four. I loved Aquaman and Hawkwoman's moments in "The Nail." I felt like they clicked very well.
    I agree. Where is the mera solo. I really think she deserves one.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Mera would beat Hawkman and Hawkgirl, and still have time to look gorgeous upon walking out of the water. Aquaman would show up, and they'd go see a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Mera would beat Hawkman and Hawkgirl, and still have time to look gorgeous upon walking out of the water. Aquaman would show up, and they'd go see a movie.
    c'mon dude, i'm sure mera would get a little roughed up fighting the hawks. they do carry a lot of pointy stuff.

plus all that seawater couldn't would probably be murder on someone's hair.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    Omg Hahahaha. This is absolutely hilarious.
    Actually Aquaman could jump really high, so..... Hawkman needs to fly up quite a distance.
    Aquaman can jump at least a mile into the air considering he numled through a cloud once. And even the lowest clouds are about that high.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I'm not sure Aquaman's jumping ability really matters. The Hawks could just move to the side.

Mera seems like the deciding factor here. While Aquaman is stronger than Hawkman, he doesn't seem to have the same violent/bloodlust attitude that Hawkman does (I could be wrong though). Even with his trident, I don't know if he is as good a fighter as Hawkman. Plus in a one-on-one fight, shouldn't Hawkman's nth metal allow him to endure enough of what Aquaman can dish out? If Aquaman gets Hawkman in the water though, then its over for the Thanagarian for sure. Adding Mera helps against the Hawks thanks to her own fighting skills as well as he potential for ranged attacks if there is enough water. And as others have mentioned, she may be able to pull the water from the Hawks. Does Hawkman have any ranged attacks?

Also are we using Hawkwoman from Earth Prime or Earth-2?

Either way I so want a crossover between Aquaman and Hawkman. I don't think the two of them would get along very well and would make for great frenemies or unwilling allies.

We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Mera is kinda crazy, Hawkman might be technically immortal but I don't see how he would do anything since he would be constantly dying. Aquawoman in E-2 has similar powers to Mera's and she gave a stroke to Bedlam (New God).