Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grey Family

Incredible Member

Default Grey Family

So Jean Grey nephew and niece were mutants or at least intended to be. And I know her sister Sara was originally going to be a mutant til that plan changed. How many other members of the Grey family are able to be resurrected? Why haven't they? And would the Shiar just kill them right back off now that Xandra is in charge?

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    So Jean Grey nephew and niece were mutants or at least intended to be. And I know her sister Sara was originally going to be a mutant til that plan changed. How many other members of the Grey family are able to be resurrected? Why haven't they? And would the Shiar just kill them right back off now that Xandra is in charge?
    Gailyn was once shown levitating (in an issue of X-Factor, I think), and she and Joey we're both referred to as “Epsilon-Beta Class mutant[s] by the Prime Sentinels” in X-Man #30. Also, Claremont wanted to reveal that Sara was a mutant with the ability to detect, track, and catalyze mutants’ abilities. As for whether the Shi’ar would kill her family if they were resurrected now, I don't think so. They've moved past punishing Jean for her time as Dark Phoenix.

I do hope the writers focus on Jean’s family at some point, particularly the long-term impact their murder has had on Jean. It would be cool if they resurrected Sara, Gailyn, and Joey, too.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Gailyn was once shown levitating (in an issue of X-Factor, I think), and she and Joey we're both referred to as “Epsilon-Beta Class mutant[s] by the Prime Sentinels” in X-Man #30. Also, Claremont wanted to reveal that Sara was a mutant with the ability to detect, track, and catalyze mutants’ abilities. As for whether the Shi’ar would kill her family if they were resurrected now, I don't think so. They've moved past punishing Jean for her time as Dark Phoenix.

I do hope the writers focus on Jean’s family at some point, particularly the long-term impact their murder has had on Jean. It would be cool if they resurrected Sara, Gailyn, and Joey, too.
    So basically they gave Sara's powers to sage?

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Pretty much, yeah. It was Claremont's idea in the first place so he used that a couple of decades later for Sage.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Pretty much, yeah. It was Claremont's idea in the first place so he used that a couple of decades later for Sage.
    Although wasn't Tessa already a mutant with the hidden ability of a computer-like mind?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Although wasn't Tessa already a mutant with the hidden ability of a computer-like mind?
    Yes that's correct, but then he later tacked on the ability to activate latent mutant powers or enhance existing abilities (which is an irreversible process) which is what he was going to give Sara when she was the 5th X-Factor member until they brought Jean back.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Yes that's correct, but then he later tacked on the ability to activate latent mutant powers or enhance existing abilities (which is an irreversible process) which is what he was going to give Sara when she was the 5th X-Factor member until they brought Jean back.
    And then Sage turned into a literal living computer in Morrison's New X-Men, and then she merged with an actual sort of living computer in Exiles, and then she was again a telepath... and currently her power is just being smart? No mention of genetic manipulations in a couple of decades if I recall correctly *sigh*

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    And then Sage turned into a literal living computer in Morrison's New X-Men, and then she merged with an actual sort of living computer in Exiles, and then she was again a telepath... and currently her power is just being smart? No mention of genetic manipulations in a couple of decades if I recall correctly *sigh*
    She's a technopath of sorts with low level baseline telepathy and still a computer-like mind. But I'm not reading X-Force so I could be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post

The Shi'ar wanting to kill the Grey line in fears that they may bond with the PF makes even less sense now considering the PF has bonded with everyone and their mama since then

Extraordinary Member

Bringing the kids back without their mom would mean Jean would have to take care of them...and I don't think the writers want to deal with that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Bringing the kids back without their mom would mean Jean would have to take care of them...and I don't think the writers want to deal with that.
    Well with one million mutants on Krakoa they could find someone willing to take care of them. Or say Sara is a mutant, and bring her back too.

The kids really just never had developed personalities or powers, so I think the real issue is none of the current writers care about them because they did so little in the 80s.
    Some of you might have to get a job at Marvel to have Sara, Joey, and Gailen resurrected!

It’s weird that we haven’t seen them on Krakoa. But if they were brought back you can be assured that they would probably be seen as often as Karma and M’s younger siblings!
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    It’s weird that we haven’t seen them on Krakoa. But if they were brought back you can be assured that they would probably be seen as often as Karma and M’s younger siblings!
    Im really surprised Vita hasnt used any of them in NM

I want them to bring back mama grey and find out she was a latent mutant. The way she dragged rachel before she moved on she needs to come back and have to find a way without john. Though john is the one who deserves to be a mutant and come back. omg imagine jean dad running around somunus age with a really cool power. nevermind i want john to come back so elaine can roll over in her grave. Can we get a scene of her relatives disappearing one by one for resurrection and here like "WTF!?!?!!" lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Theoretically, Jean has more relatives on the island/in the resurrection queue than just about anyone else, lol. The 90s Cable series had Cable and Rachel go up against a mutant born in the 1600s, named Fiona Knoblach aka the Dark Priestess....who had literally thousands of descendants by the 1990s, most of them mutants. For centuries, she sought out the most powerful women among her descendants to raise them as part of her Sisterhood, with aims of using their mutant powers to take over the world by inserting Sisterhood members into key positions of power. (She claimed she just never got a chance to get her hooks into Jean because Xavier got to her first).

Fiona herself was a powerful telepath, telekinetic and precog, who looked a lot like Jean and couldn't see Rachel or Cable with her precognition and wanted them dead for that reason. Rachel and Nathan weren't sure they could trust her claims and speculated she just lied about Jean being her descendant to mess with them, theorizing that she just couldn't see them due to them being temporal anomalies, but she never seemed to have a problem seeing other time-travelers like Bishop (and in fact, Sinister had her killed off during Messiah Complex specifically because he was afraid she could see things that might interfere with his plans for Hope, even with all the time-traveling going on around Hope). Whereas the thing where some mutant powers don't work on mutant relatives could account for Fiona not being able to detect a couple specific descendants of hers with her precognition....so its up in the air and could go either way.

But point being, even with Jean's direct family dead, there's a strong chance she's actually got a shit ton of mutant relatives, both alive and dead. Fiona herself is still dead, unless she's been resurrected offscreen, but her brother Clarity was last seen alive and with his powers intact, and their older sister Gloria was a mutant killed during the Salem Witch Trials, but could theoretically be in the Waiting Room as well.

Anyway, I'd love to see Jean's niece and nephew back, and simplest solution is just to bring back Sara as a latent mutant like Claremont always intended, and thus eligible for resurrection. Just have her and her kids activated once they resurrect, and then Sara can use her own activation powers to help activate other latent mutants, or help young mutants activate their powers for the first time in a controlled setting, thus lowering the number of tragedies born of mutants first manifesting their powers in extremely stressful situations that lead to casualties and collateral damage. Given Jean's own history telepathically experiencing the death of her childhood friend Annie, Sara definitely would understand the benefit to mutants with activation powers working with young mutants, second-generation mutants and people pointed out by precogs as potential mutants, getting to them before they manifest dangerous abilities in public settings and using her powers to minimize the traumas of initial power manifestations.

Plus, like others have pointed out, the twins are in the right age range to be friends/classmates with the M-twins, Karma's younger siblings and others like Maxime and Manon. LOL, four sets of twins in their 'generation' of X-kids might be a bit much but hey, they already all exist, might as well let them be friends.