Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Grey Family

Astonishing Member

None of those reasons listed posts up above are why I don't want Adult Cable existing

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im really surprised Vita hasnt used any of them in NM
    that is my biggest issue with new mutants.. please use these kids..as the b side story with Gabby since it seems she has to be used.. I am all for the grey twins coming back..Lots of fanfic back in the day use to feature tbh... I also want a Emplate and Tran frenemship

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    None of those reasons listed posts up above are why I don't want Adult Cable existing
    That’s because the thread is about the Grey family. Not why you want to take an existing character and delete him and make him someone else.

I mean, feel free to share your reasoning if you want. I’m certainly not trying to censor you or anything just because I disagree. Just explaining why the thread kept rolling without caring why you don’t want adult Cable to exist. To be fair, I’m not sure many cared much about why I do want him to exist. Ha. They’re more interested in talking about the rest of the Grey family.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 09-20-2022 at 01:32 PM.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

BANNED

Emma didnt lie. She literally just met Synch. She didnt know how his powers worked and was theorizing
    Bah! Had you said Emma briefly read his surface thoughts I'd be inclined to agree. But, Emma literary says to Everett, "I must become a telepathic conduit between you and Jubilee. If I understand your mutant abilities correctly; you must see Jubilee through my eyes to access her pyrokinetic abilities with your own powers --" Now, we know Emma is full of herself in most cases but really all she had to do is what she normally does which is to telepathically do it for them while patting herself and taking 100% of the credit

BANNED

I think from the viewpoint of the writers, Sara did not big but be a supportive sister. Jean already has a sister who has been used far more regularly, her clone Madelyne Pryor. Then her daughter Rachel has similar powers to Mommy and Auntie Maddie.

For a comic book character Jean already has a big family, and even son Cable and granddaughter Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Bah! Had you said Emma briefly read his surface thoughts I'd be inclined to agree. But, Emma literary says to Everett, "I must become a telepathic conduit between you and Jubilee. If I understand your mutant abilities correctly; you must see Jubilee through my eyes to access her pyrokinetic abilities with your own powers --" Now, we know Emma is full of herself in most cases but really all she had to do is what she normally does which is to telepathically do it for them while patting herself and taking 100% of the credit
    I still disagree. Synch's powers had only recently manifested and he himself had not been in contact with many mutants to know exactly how his powers work. Emma was making an assumption here and she was going off of very limited info. I dont think she actually knew how his powers worked for fact and then deliberatly misled him

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I think from the viewpoint of the writers, Sara did not big but be a supportive sister. Jean already has a sister who has been used far more regularly, her clone Madelyne Pryor. Then her daughter Rachel has similar powers to Mommy and Auntie Maddie.

For a comic book character Jean already has a big family, and even son Cable and granddaughter Hope.
    Also, in the DPS, Jean states to Storm that Ororo is closer to her than her own sister.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

BANNED

I still disagree. Synch's powers had only recently manifested and he himself had not been in contact with many mutants to know exactly how his powers work. Emma was making an assumption here and she was going off of very limited info. I dont think she actually knew how his powers worked for fact and then deliberatly misled him
    Fair enough... Although, such clever deception would not be benighted her.

I will not abide by people minimizing Sara’s importance in Jean’s life!

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Astonishing Member

'Jean already has one person she's close to like a sister, why does she need another' and 'Jean's closer to other people than she was to her sister so that's the same thing as her sister being irrelevant and means nothing to her' are some sizzling, spicy-hot takes for sure.

BANNED

99.5% of Jean's immediate family was murdered in unnecessary cold blood by the Shi'ar Death Commandos. Why not resurrect them if it can be done? IIRC, Sara Grey was thought to be a latent mutant back in the day because her children were mutants so her being resurrected would not be out of the clear blue.

Last edited by Micabe; 09-21-2022 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Pic(s) added.