Default Have they de-aged Jon Kent yet?

Basically I decided to take a hiatus from Superman when Bendis decided to age Jon Kent. I’ve been reading different things waiting for them to fix this screw up. I wondering if now is a good time to re-connect with the Super Man titles? Have they de-aged him yet or they still being stubborn. Are books taking interesting direction or should I just keep waiting?

Nope and there’s no indication they plan to de age him any time soon if ever
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Alas, they have not. However, there is a Super Sons animated film coming our way. Looks to be fun.

BTW, Tom Taylor (yeah, the guy who writes Injustice) took over the Super Books. About the only defining trait fake Jon (my headcanon, long story) has, is that he's bisexual. Otherwise, he's pretty much Clark-lite at this point.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    Basically I decided to take a hiatus from Superman when Bendis decided to age Jon Kent. I’ve been reading different things waiting for them to fix this screw up. I wondering if now is a good time to re-connect with the Super Man titles? Have they de-aged him yet or they still being stubborn. Are books taking interesting direction or should I just keep waiting?
    It's only gotten worse. Jon isn't even a character anymore, he's an identity.

Sadly no. I'm hoping against hope that someone in power at DC realizes that teen Jon is never going to catch on...and pulls the plug.

Astonishing Member

No, and it's not gonna happen anytime soon. I guess they see him as the way to renovate Superman without drastically changing Clark himself, like it happened in New 52. And also, I suspect, they don't really want Clark to have little kid anyway.

Not yet. I think than first they should keep him on a lower profile before de-aged.
    Anyway it is pretty possible than soon part of his background will be discarded and send to limbo.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

As long as the show is on the air, don't count on them de-aging him anytime soon.
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Nope and there’s no indication they plan to de age him any time soon if ever
    I hope not.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knightsilver View Post
    Sadly no. I'm hoping against hope that someone in power at DC realizes that teen Jon is never going to catch on...and pulls the plug.
    You'll do realise that teen Jon is not as unpopular as you'll think he is. His book has stabalized around 30 000 units in direct sales, SSOKE vol.1 trade sold well and in digital sales is one of DC's best selling book.

That's on par with Miles (Spider-Man) at his introduction and better than Ironheart and Marvel is investing in both of these character, I don't see why DC won't do the same with teen Jon.

I am not saying DC is never going to de age Jon but right now thet have no reason to do so. Kid Jon on his own was never really that popular and they can publish Super Sons books anytime without de-aging Jon or Damian in the main books.

Another interesting thing to look at is what PKJ will do with the Phaeloians. Superman seem ready to adopt Otho-ra and Osul-ra.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    As long as the show is on the air, don't count on them de-aging him anytime soon.
    What show?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    What show?
    Superman & Lois. Jon and show original character Jordan, are major parts of the show. But that Jon, and even Jordan, have more personality than comic book Jon. But that show, along with Stargirl, are the exceptions to the usual CW melodrama.

Jordan's the real adaptation of Jon I think - TV Jon's more like Conner.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Sigh so they are doubling down on this???

Absolutely baffling.... who in DC comics thought this was a good idea? And why are they doubling down despite fan backlash? Who are trying to please?