Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wonder Woman The Brave and the Bold

If Wonder Woman had a Brave and the Bold style title, who would you like to see her team up with and then who would you like to see that team up go up against? Any reasons why for the team up and the opponent?

Spectacular Member

Wonder Woman and Batman trying to stop aegeus from forming a folklore based weapons sale in Gotham City

Wonder Woman creates a new Justice League made up of female superheres (and Vartox) and goes fight a war against Queen Bee's empire

Wonder Woman teams up with the Grant Morrison version of Seven Soldiers for some esoteric crusade against Sheeda

Wonder Woman teams up with Bwanna Beast, Animal Man and Vixen to defeat Priscilla Rich Cheetah that has been killing mytical beings, taking their divine skins, and corrupting the power of The Red (and of course Kanga is her partner in this adventure)

Wonder Woman travels to the 31st century to join the Legion of Superheroes led by Dream girl and they fight against an evolved Queen of Fables

As I recall, Brave and the Bold is the series where every issue or arc was the protagonist teaming up with a different hero, right?
    Hmm...Id wanna play with the idea of some bigger force trying to bring about an end to the Amazons and instead of it being Wonder Woman teaming up with different heroes, it would be different heroes teaming up with various Amazons.

Diana working with Ma Hunkel or Djinn sounds cool, sure. But id love to see team ups like Artemis and Guy Gardner. Or Bia and Dreamer. Or Cassie with Detective Chimp.

Wonder Woman and Zatanna against Circe and Allura.

Liam Sharp did a Brave and the Bold book a few years ago with WW and Batman that was pretty cool. All about Celtic mythology and the artwork was stunning, clearly a labor of love.

The starting point would be pairing her with her own supporting cast (Nubia, the Wonder Girls, Artemis...), but that aside...

IMO Zatanna and Diana should be each other's go-tos. They always have great chemistry, they have unique but equally valuable powers/skills, and they have huge worlds that are distinct but compatible. Since they're both super powerful you (a) avoid the World's Finest god level/street level dynamic and (b) can really play with scale and get crazy with it. Have them take on a mix of magic villains and mythological villains with Circe as their mutual archenemy.

Diana and Lois are always delightful together. I'm really fond of the interview-style/slice of life stories we've gotten with them but you could probably tell a fun story about them investigating a mystery.

Barda is an obvious one. Their team-up in Superman/Batman: Apocalypse was fantastic. A story where they lead the Female Furies to revolution would be the coolest thing ever.

Vixen would be fun - they've both got the connection to animals. Could go a bit like Alpha's idea with Bwanna Beast.

I know people are tired of her with the Trinity but I want a good take on her platonic friendship with Superman because we almost never see it. My pitch? 2 outrageously strong best buds = comedy gold. Just silly little mishaps between friends blown up to a ridiculous scale. Their joint book had a great bit where he gives her a Kryptonian flower and she forgets to give it oil so it turns into a giant monster - I want more of that kind of thing without any romance, drama, or larger stakes (e.g. Clark asks Diana to train the critters in the fortress, it goes wrong, global chaos ensues).

I absolutely loved the Black Canary in Gail Simone's run and I liked the Batwoman team-up in JH Williams III's run on her book (though I wasn't really fond of the post-Rucka direction generally), but I'm a little more interested in seeing her work with other fantasy/sci-fi characters.

Astonishing Member

Wonder Woman and Starfire.

I'm fine with some Superman & Batman team-ups as long as we get a ton of team-ups with female heroes like Vixen, Black Canary, etc. including deeper cuts like Phantom Lady, Pantha, Crimson Fox, etc. and obviously some major Wonderverse heroes like Nubia, Yara Flor, and the Wonder Gals.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I'm fine with some Superman & Batman team-ups as long as we get a ton of team-ups with female heroes like Vixen, Black Canary, etc. including deeper cuts like Phantom Lady, Pantha, Crimson Fox, etc. and obviously some major Wonderverse heroes like Nubia, Yara Flor, and the Wonder Gals.
    100% this! A few years ago, I posted that DC should turn Sensation Comics into a Wonder Woman female team-up book. It would be a great way for DC to showcase it's female heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    I know people are tired of her with the Trinity but I want a good take on her platonic friendship with Superman because we almost never see it. My pitch? 2 outrageously strong best buds = comedy gold. Just silly little mishaps between friends blown up to a ridiculous scale. Their joint book had a great bit where he gives her a Kryptonian flower and she forgets to give it oil so it turns into a giant monster - I want more of that kind of thing without any romance, drama, or larger stakes (e.g. Clark asks Diana to train the critters in the fortress, it goes wrong, global chaos ensues).
    Oh I love that idea! Maybe they could travel to Earth C and team up with the Zoo Crew. Diana and Clark then struggle with the question " is it wrong for me to hit a cartoon animal if he is a supervillain?"

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    No...just no more Superman/Batman team ups within a comic called Brave and the Bold. There is already a comic out that has both together!

Some of mine…

Wonder Woman, Superman, Batman, Steve Trevor, Lois Lane and Catwoman versus Eros

Wonder Woman and Damian Wayne versus Devastation and Klarion the Witch Boy

Wonder Woman and She-Ra versus Villainy Inc and the Evil Horde

And my ultimate throw down on Apokolips…

Wonder Woman, Big Barda, Troia, Wonder Girl (Cass), Wonder Girl (Yara), Nubia, Supergirl, Miss Martian, Shazam (Mary), Power Girl (Kara), Power Girl (Tanya), Knockout, Mera, Rocket, Artemis, Fury (Lyta), Isis, Star Sapphire and Starfire… versus… Grail, Granny Goodness, Lashina, Bernadeth, Gilotina, Stompa, Mad Harriet, Wunda, Artemiz, Speed Queen, Bloody Mary, Maxima, Ursa, Devastation, Superwoman, Eviless, Cheetah, Giganta and Circe.

It’ll be a six-issue miniseries with four of the issues devoted to action sequences and trash talk.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Some of mine…

Wonder Woman, Superman, Batman, Steve Trevor, Lois Lane and Catwoman versus Eros

Wonder Woman and Damian Wayne versus Devastation and Klarion the Witch Boy
    No, thank you :P

Yes please!! That's all that I want!

I love this idea! Especially because Eros seems to be part of Hera's union of evil god minions in the current comics.

I would KILL for a WW/She-Ra team-up! WW & She-Ra vs. Cheetah and Catra writes itself.

And my ultimate throw down on Apokolips…

Wonder Woman, Big Barda, Troia, Wonder Girl (Cass), Wonder Girl (Yara), Nubia, Supergirl, Miss Martian, Shazam (Mary), Power Girl (Kara), Power Girl (Tanya), Knockout, Mera, Rocket, Artemis, Fury (Lyta), Isis, Star Sapphire and Starfire… versus… Grail, Granny Goodness, Lashina, Bernadeth, Gilotina, Stompa, Mad Harriet, Wunda, Artemiz, Speed Queen, Bloody Mary, Maxima, Ursa, Devastation, Superwoman, Eviless, Cheetah, Giganta and Circe.
    That roster is HUGE, lol. I'd prefer a smaller group vs. the Female Furies. Maybe Wonder Woman leading her own all-female Justice League + Big Barda.

Fun ideas for sure!

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

I am here for a She'Ra team up. sm, bm and others need to stay away from WW.