Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Default Which Earth is the JSA going to be on?

Are the Justice Society of America going to be on Earth 0 or Earth 2? Just curious & hoping it Earth 2
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Astonishing Member

Earth 0.

While Earth 2 is the other retro looking JSA.

Plus maybe hypertime JSA.

Earth 0, the main earth.

From where it comes the Huntress is the mystery.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Midnight View Post
    Are the Justice Society of America going to be on Earth 0 or Earth 2? Just curious & hoping it Earth 2
    Right now, we have to wait and see what Geoff Johns does in the upcoming 12-issue series as to whether there's any mention / connection whatsoever with any "Earth 2". But the JSA has already been seen on the main DC Earth, most recently in Dark Crisis (on Infinite Earths).

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Right now, we have to wait and see what Geoff Johns does in the upcoming 12-issue series as to whether there's any mention / connection whatsoever with any "Earth 2". But the JSA has already been seen on the main DC Earth, most recently in Dark Crisis (on Infinite Earths).
    12 issue series? I thought the new series is an ongoing.
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    12 issue series? I thought the new series is an ongoing.
    The solicitation for issue #2 has "2 of 12".

As far as I know, nothing has been done to say if that was a mistake or not.

Astonishing Member

Its most likely going to be Earth 0.

Doomsday Clock even established that the JSA originated on Earth 0 AKA the Metaverse, before being shunted to Earth 2 at the dawn of the Silver Age (which does mirror real-world publication history to an extent). At this point, I think Earth 2 as a concept is pretty much done when it comes to the JSA (at least the 'main' versions).

But of course, with Helena Wayne (and possibly Golden Age Dick) returning, Earth 2 will likely be acknowledged as part of the JSA's multiversal past.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    . . . But of course, with Helena Wayne (and possibly Golden Age Dick) returning, Earth 2 will likely be acknowledged as part of the JSA's multiversal past.
    I keep seeing people mention a possible return of Golden Age Robin / Dick Grayson, but has that come from anything besides a variant cover image of a "Classic" Justice Society of America for issue #1?

Astonishing Member

You have to keep in mind Meta Earth wasn't always Earth 0 and can be Earth whatever number or name next time. And Earth 0 will someday be shunted away.

Retired

Maybe it's time to stop using numbers (I've been saying this for years). Especially now that Marvel has their sticky fingerprints all over the numbering system. Also, get away from "Earth" per se. We're talking about entire universes here--some that don't include Earth.

You could have Nicholson-Universe, Gaines-Universe, Donenfeld-Universe, Infantino-Universe, Kahn-Universe, Levitz-Universe, DiDio-Universe, Lee-Universe--just as an example.

Astonishing Member

Can't agree since writers don't use ideas from fans.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    You have to keep in mind Meta Earth wasn't always Earth 0 and can be Earth whatever number or name next time. And Earth 0 will someday be shunted away.
    Yeah, I'm just using Earth 0 to represent the main DC earth. I suppose it'd be more accurate to just call it the Metaverse.

The Metaverse was just earth in the Golden Age. In the Silver Age/Bronze Age it was Earth 1. In the Post-COIE/Pre-Flashpoint era it was New Earth. In the New 52 era it was the Prime Earth. Currently its Earth 0. Basically its just whatever is the 'main' DC earth at any given point.

I'll be surprised if it isn't Earth 0.

Note that if it's revealed that Helena is also from Earth-0 (which won't surprise me), it will be the first time in DC history that that will be the case. When she first appeared in 1977, the Golden Age had long since splintered off from the Metaverse; and when Earth 2 was reintegrated into the Metaverse at the end of the Crisis, Helena was explicitly excluded from that. All subsequent appearances of Helena have either been from other worlds (like the JSI Earth 2 or the New 52 Earth 2) or from possible futures (like the future timeline suggested in Batman/Catwoman).

I suspect that Helena will be like Power Girl: they'll take the pre-Crisis Huntress from Earth 2, complete with her memories of the original Earth 2, and either skip over her death in the Crisis or use the Flashpoint Beyond to resurrect her the same way Thomas Wayne found himself alive and well on that world at the start of the story, despite having recently died in Infinite Frontier.

But, like Power Girl, it will only be memories: she won't live on Earth 2. Likewise with the JSA as a whole: they'll retain their position as Earth 0's “generation 1”, even if they also retain their full memories of all of their iterations (which they may or may not; but if anyone manages to hang on to the Metaverse memories unlocked in Death Metal, it'll be the JSA). They'll be based on Earth 0, not Earth 2.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    I'll be surprised if it isn't Earth 0.

Note that if it's revealed that Helena is also from Earth-0 (which won't surprise me), it will be the first time in DC history that that will be the case. When she first appeared in 1977, the Golden Age had long since splintered off from the Metaverse; and when Earth 2 was reintegrated into the Metaverse at the end of the Crisis, Helena was explicitly excluded from that. All subsequent appearances of Helena have either been from other worlds (like the JSI Earth 2 or the New 52 Earth 2) or from possible futures (like the future timeline suggested in Batman/Catwoman).

I suspect that Helena will be like Power Girl: they'll take the pre-Crisis Huntress from Earth 2, complete with her memories of the original Earth 2, and either skip over her death in the Crisis or use the Flashpoint Beyond to resurrect her the same way Thomas Wayne found himself alive and well on that world at the start of the story, despite having recently died in Infinite Frontier.

But, like Power Girl, it will only be memories: she won't live on Earth 2. Likewise with the JSA as a whole: they'll retain their position as Earth 0's “generation 1”, even if they also retain their full memories of all of their iterations (which they may or may not; but if anyone manages to hang on to the Metaverse memories unlocked in Death Metal, it'll be the JSA). They'll be based on Earth 0, not Earth 2.
    But then there's the issue of when she was born to Bruce and Selina if the main Earth 0 versions are not all that much older than Helena is . . .

Astonishing Member

Multiple ways it can go.