Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Default DC and Legion of Super Heroes collections...

This is always going to be the biggest question I have when it comes to DC trades/omni. Why in the hell do they refuse to collect the Levitz era Legion of Super Heroes? I know when he was EIC Levitz didn't want to reprint his own stuff to avoid it looking self serving, but the man has been gone for a very long time now. They collect every other version of Legion except the one the fans have been begging them for for close to 2 decades and which is by far the most popular run of the series. It just makes no sense. They collect all of the Waid 3boot which not one cared about. They collect all the Bendis Legion stuff which again no one cares about. They collected all the Nu52 Legion stuff that was written by Levitz, but still refuse to reprint his original run. I know they will probably argue that Legion trades don't sell, but that is mainly because your not giving the fans the runs they want.

There are over 75 issues of Prime Levitz Legion between the "Great Darkness Saga" and the "Five Years Latter..." jump of which only 13 have ever been reprinted and those came out over 20 years ago and I don't think have been reprinted since.

At this point it just seems like whoever is in charge of trades is being petty.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    This is always going to be the biggest question I have when it comes to DC trades/omni. Why in the hell do they refuse to collect the Levitz era Legion of Super Heroes? I know when he was EIC Levitz didn't want to reprint his own stuff to avoid it looking self serving, but the man has been gone for a very long time now. They collect every other version of Legion except the one the fans have been begging them for for close to 2 decades and which is by far the most popular run of the series. It just makes no sense. They collect all of the Waid 3boot which not one cared about. They collect all the Bendis Legion stuff which again no one cares about. They collected all the Nu52 Legion stuff that was written by Levitz, but still refuse to reprint his original run. I know they will probably argue that Legion trades don't sell, but that is mainly because your not giving the fans the runs they want.

There are over 75 issues of Prime Levitz Legion between the "Great Darkness Saga" and the "Five Years Latter..." jump of which only 13 have ever been reprinted and those came out over 20 years ago and I don't think have been reprinted since.

At this point it just seems like whoever is in charge of trades is being petty.
    There are also still many holes in the collecting of the Post-Zero Hour Reboot LSH. Legionnaries hardly covered the first two years, in two volumes, and then they jumped to Legion, which was supposed to colect the DnA Legion, however they, once again, stopped after the second volume, which reprinted in softcover the HC of the Legion Lost mini-series. They didn't even get to the book itself (there is also a hard to find TPB called LSH Foundations) which collects the storyline in which Kon-El/Conner Kent Superboy gets stuck in the future and joins the team).

Peace

They did put out some hardcovers of his stuff I was hoping it would keep going, but probably did not sell enough to justify it.

Astonishing Member

Is any of those missing stories available in digital. If so, I'd just go that route -- because depending on DC's collection department is bound to lead to endless frustration.