Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    All-New Member

Default Should Donna Troy have her own series?

Donna Troy is one of my all-time favorites in the DC Universe, and I’ve been wondering if fans want to see a new series starring her. She hasn’t captained a series since, if I’m correct, the days leading up to Infinite Crisis, where Donna Troy’s resurrection occurred in a four-issue mini-series that also introduced the DC Spinner Logo, which considering the times and where she’s at now, should be seen as big deal considering they could’ve waited till Infinite Crisis itself to introduce the new logo.

Since Phil Jimenez’s run on Wonder Woman featured Donna Troy in a more prominent role, she’s been relegated to Titan-related material or minor roles in Wonder Woman stories; given she was a founding member and no doubt the tv series, I’ve wanted to see her have herself an ongoing series as I feel strongly she can earn her rightful place in the DCU, much like Nightwing is given in the legacy hero department.

Yes, her messy origin is one of the factors for this lack of total usage, but given a post-Hickman Moria MacTaggart retcon about reincarnation and the infinite frontier’s everything is canon mentality, I think DC should take a risk and make a new status quo for Donna Troy.

But the question remains, who would write/draw her series and what would be a proper way to reintroduce fans to Troia in mainstream comics?

Extraordinary Member

I would absolutely LOVE a Donna Troy on-going series. Especially if a good writer could fix her continuity.

Donna was one of my favorite characters back in the 1980s and I would really be interested in a book about her without her having to share the spotlight with the Titans and Wonder Woman.

Not only have her fight super villains but give her personal life some special attention. Yes, PLEASE let this happen.

I would be down for it but convincing DC to do it would probably be a tough hurdle.

Extraordinary Member

Honestly? I think they need to find a decent angle with her first. Like, someone who actually wants to write a Donna Troy story (as in actually be the person to pitch it), instead of it just being assigned to them. There are so many bland stories with great characters that are so easily forgotten because it's clear that the writer had no actual affection for the character, which doesn't do much to up their profile or keep them out of limbo.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Astonishing Member

Limited series yes.

Definitely.

But I would start with a 12-issue limited series.

The stories and art would need to be "WONDERful" so there is that. Also, new, powerful and creative villains would need to be created and woven into the stories to give Donna some foes of her own. Donna's home life, friends and some fun things she likes to do when not fighting should be shown to round out the character.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member

Terry Long Rebirth mini series.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Terry Long Rebirth mini series.
    It's best for Terry to stay in limbo or dead. Besides, only Wolfman can write his second self insert and he hasn't written anything in a while.

Astonishing Member

I dunno what his fate is anyways, probably never was.

All-New Member

I actually got the name for a 12-issue series, Infinite Lives and Infinite Deaths of Donna Troy.

All-New Member

Obviously I would love to Phil Jimenez back in DC doing interiors, but despite being the biggest Donna Troy fan, he'd likely not since he just got off from years of drawing WW: Histora #1.

In perfect world, I'd get Marvel's Pepe Larraz since he show of the fantastical almost mythological vibe in his artwork.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NRE View Post
    I actually got the name for a 12-issue series, Infinite Lives and Infinite Deaths of Donna Troy.
    Anything but another "Who Is Donna Troy". That's been done to death.

Quote Originally Posted by NRE View Post
    Right, but we would not want a rehash of what was, although a good summation in pics and words would be helpful. Then, perhaps a new story of Donna's origin--or new one that incorporates some of the old histories into something cohesive. With some hard work and thoughtfulness by a writer, Donna could have an origin story that works in the 2020's and beyond.

Then, the series would still need to touch on many other sides to Donna, so that old fans would want an ongoing series while new fans would be interested in her.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

She should get a Year One story first to establish her origin and relationship with Wonder Woman once and for all. I know everyone's tired of dealing with it, but you can't really build a solid ongoing for her without knowing who she's supposed to be.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Definitely.

But I would start with a 12-issue limited series.

The stories and art would need to be "WONDERful" so there is that. Also, new, powerful and creative villains would need to be created and woven into the stories to give Donna some foes of her own. Donna's home life, friends and some fun things she likes to do when not fighting should be shown to round out the character.
    There are some villains from Donna's past that could be updated, e.g., Magda Drachwyck, an infernal witch, could become Donna's Circe.