Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Sensation Comics is definitely what they should use if it features more than one main character. It was only when you mentioned journalism that I thought about using Cassie as well. Wonder Girls is possible as a title, but it could lead to confusion if Yara's book relaunches. Adventure Comics is a no-no - that title belongs to the Super family (it was traditionally Superboy's title and has also been used by Supergirl and the Legion of Super Heroes).
    Wonder Woman did star in Adventure Comics, albeit briefly, when it went to a dollar comic from 459-466...sooooo there is a history...even if it's a small one lol.
    678181.jpg
    5245513.jpg

Would love a Donna maxi-series! (Doubt DC would greenlight an ongoing unless it was titled Bat-Troy).

They desperately need to clarify Donna's origin, even if it's not the point of the mini. A one page complete retelling could do wonders.
    Currently it reads:
    Young Donna joins the Titans; the Titans then disband due to magically forgetting their adventures (Titans Hunt mini)
    Donna is then born for the first time, never having existed, out of a vat of goo to fight Diana (nu52 WW run by the Finches).
    The Titans reform, having had their memories restored (again, Titans Hunt mini, and also early Rebirth Titans run)
    Diana reconnects with Donna and it is explained that the Titans Donna (who theoretically never existed) was given false memories but now realizes she was created to battle Diana (Titans annual).

All we've ever wanted is likeable Donna back, and the new confounding battle-Donna origin is universally hated. A fresh take could restore a lot of good will here.

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    Would love a Donna maxi-series! (Doubt DC would greenlight an ongoing unless it was titled Bat-Troy).

They desperately need to clarify Donna's origin, even if it's not the point of the mini. A one page complete retelling could do wonders.
    Currently it reads:
    Young Donna joins the Titans; the Titans then disband due to magically forgetting their adventures (Titans Hunt mini)
    Donna is then born for the first time, never having existed, out of a vat of goo to fight Diana (nu52 WW run by the Finches).
    The Titans reform, having had their memories restored (again, Titans Hunt mini, and also early Rebirth Titans run)
    Diana reconnects with Donna and it is explained that the Titans Donna (who theoretically never existed) was given false memories but now realizes she was created to battle Diana (Titans annual).

All we've ever wanted is likeable Donna back, and the new confounding battle-Donna origin is universally hated. A fresh take could restore a lot of good will here.
    I have no idea why anyone thought this new 52 origin was in any way shape form or fashion a good idea. There was literally no reason to erase or change her origin Donna at all for the 52

One-shot, Mini-series, Maxi-series, ongoing, anything with Donna Troy i'm down for it.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by NRE View Post
    I actually got the name for a 12-issue series, Infinite Lives and Infinite Deaths of Donna Troy.
    That sounds like it could be its own aeon flux-esque weekly streamer

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I have no idea why anyone thought this new 52 origin was in any way shape form or fashion a good idea. There was literally no reason to erase or change her origin Donna at all for the 52
    My one hope is that wnatever is next it sidesteps or overwrites completely the garbage fire tnat was New 52.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    My one hope is that wnatever is next it sidesteps or overwrites completely the garbage fire tnat was New 52.
    Artemis: Wanted restored Donna's original origin that was written by Marv Wolfman. Donna was rescued from a fire by Wonder Woman, brought to Themyscira, and was adopted by Queen Hippolyta.

Would love to see Donna in a mini. The book should have a quick recap of her origin, maybe a panel or 2 of young Donna training on the island with her sister and mentor, Diana, and then move on. She has an established villain/nemesis: Dark Angel. It might even been cool to see her paired off against members or fighting all of the Fearsome Five.

Quote Originally Posted by NRE View Post
    Donna Troy is one of my all-time favorites in the DC Universe, and I’ve been wondering if fans want to see a new series starring her. She hasn’t captained a series since, if I’m correct, the days leading up to Infinite Crisis, where Donna Troy’s resurrection occurred in a four-issue mini-series that also introduced the DC Spinner Logo, which considering the times and where she’s at now, should be seen as big deal considering they could’ve waited till Infinite Crisis itself to introduce the new logo.

Since Phil Jimenez’s run on Wonder Woman featured Donna Troy in a more prominent role, she’s been relegated to Titan-related material or minor roles in Wonder Woman stories; given she was a founding member and no doubt the tv series, I’ve wanted to see her have herself an ongoing series as I feel strongly she can earn her rightful place in the DCU, much like Nightwing is given in the legacy hero department.

Yes, her messy origin is one of the factors for this lack of total usage, but given a post-Hickman Moria MacTaggart retcon about reincarnation and the infinite frontier’s everything is canon mentality, I think DC should take a risk and make a new status quo for Donna Troy.

But the question remains, who would write/draw her series and what would be a proper way to reintroduce fans to Troia in mainstream comics?
    ^^^Hell YES she should!
    She is overdue. Such a great strong (physically and emotionally) character w. so much backstory to play w. (and by that I mean fix) deserves a shot at an ongoing.
    As for a writer, can’t really go wrong w. Amanda Connor to give a character depth, dip into his/her history and create a mix of fierce fun and flirty. Art wise I’d pick Luciano Vecchio who seems to really enjoy drawing her in all her various looks and styles…:

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    I would absolutely LOVE a Donna Troy on-going series. Especially if a good writer could fix her continuity.
    ^^^Fixing her continuity is a must, yeah. And while I want her to have personal life/supporting cast too, I’d love for the continuity fixing to include something like a multi part cross time caper Ala Chris Claremont/Alan Davis’ Excalibur w. Donna interacting w. all her many MANY past rebooted selves and coming out the other side a whole person due to the sum of her parts not in spite of them.

Speaking of Alan Davis, he does a nice Donna Troy…:

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by donnafan View Post
    Artemis: Wanted restored Donna's original origin that was written by Marv Wolfman. Donna was rescued from a fire by Wonder Woman, brought to Themyscira, and was adopted by Queen Hippolyta.

I feel this origin this origin is they only one that has a legit chance of sticking, anything else will be controversial and likely erased by the next creative team.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Hell YES she should!
    She is overdue. Such a great strong (physically and emotionally) character w. so much backstory to play w. (and by that I mean fix) deserves a shot at an ongoing.
    As for a writer, can’t really go wrong w. Amanda Connor to give a character depth, dip into his/her history and create a mix of fierce fun and flirty. Art wise I’d pick Luciano Vecchio who seems to really enjoy drawing her in all her various looks and styles…:

^^^Fixing her continuity is a must, yeah. And while I want her to have personal life/supporting cast too, I’d love for the continuity fixing to include something like a multi part cross time caper Ala Chris Claremont/Alan Davis’ Excalibur w. Donna interacting w. all her many MANY past rebooted selves and coming out the other side a whole person due to the sum of her parts not in spite of them.

Speaking of Alan Davis, he does a nice Donna Troy…:

To be fair....Alan Davis does a nice everybody. Love the number of stars he put on there though.

Most definitely!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I’m into it… something that reestablishes her original origin; plays up her relationship with Diana, Philippus and other Amazons; her friendships with Dick, Kory and the other Titans; reestablishes her profession as a photographer; introduces some new friends and supporting characters in her life; gives her some Donna-centric foes and adversaries; and gives her a romantic life.

Donna is a modern woman and I think the series could explore that. I can think of so many things and themes Donna is perfect for exploring.

Astonishing Member

I feel she more than deserves a solo title. She's an iconic character -- but seems to get overlooked because of her confusing origins. As much as I loved George Perez, he shouldn't have been allowed to screw up continuity as he did when he revived the Wonder Woman title. Same goes for Hawkman.

I think, though, it's time Donna went back to dressing in red. The black only worked when she had a star effect on it. And that was a holdover from her Troia days.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    To be fair....Alan Davis does a nice everybody. Love the number of stars he put on there though.
    Yeah, Donna's Silver Age outfit was better than the streamlined version in the Bronze Age. I'd love to see her go back to that outfit as drawn by Alan Davis above. The necklace, however, may be problem. That pendant would be flying all over the place when she was moving.

I wouldn't be adverse to a Troy series.....but that said, the character needs a lot of TLC. Her origins, history, hell even her personality has been jacked up to such a degree even Hawkman feels sorry for her.

And while I think a lot of her fans would rather just move past the origin stuff, it needs to be dealt with or it'll just be a shadow hanging over the title and character forever. But that doesn't mean you can't tie up all those loose ends quickly and then launch Donna into a future free of naval gazing at her own history.

One good thing about all those loose ends too, is that they can be used to help carve out a niche that Donna can call her own. In her backstory we've got Themyscria and the Amazons, we've got the Titans of Greek myth, we've got Monitors and the role of Harbinger, and of course the "real" origin of Wonder Girl as a time-jumping, young Diana.....if a writer can't make something interesting with all of that, then they need a new job.

Honestly, Donna could use the "Geoff Johns" approach where all the random crap in her mythos gets revamped and tied together, building on the core elements to create a new status quo that's still loyal and honest to what came before. Johns himself might not be the guy to do the job, but Donna would benefit a lot from somebody with the same knack Johns has (had?) for fixing broken franchises.

I was always partial to the idea of Donna being the new Harbinger, and hand waving all her contradictory origins away as the influence of the Dark Angel screwing around with reality. I feel like the origin stuff needs to be fixed, but there's no clean way to combine or utilize all the stuff in her history, so using the Angel to internalize all those reboots and retcons, and making that confusion part of Donna's story....that's turning a negative into an advantage, and more importantly, it's a quick and dirty way to resolve those problems and move on. Plus it gives Donna a quality concept for a rogue, which she needs.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.