Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I would LOVE a Donna Troy series. I actually have a story I have been working on "The Truth about Donna Troy" (subtitled Will the Real Donna Troy Please Stand Up). If anyone were going to get a Donna series off the ground it would be Phil Jimenez. He loves her like no one else does and actually gets her as well. Would DC do it? Not likely...but then again they have been known to surprise me lately, however I would expect them to give it to someone of less caliber than Phil, not to say it would be bad...it just wouldn't be as great as if Phil were doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Anything but another "Who Is Donna Troy". That's been done to death.
    I could see a comic being called Wonder Woman: TROY. She may not use the WW name, but Donna is essentially a second Wonder Woman (plus, the name serves for marketing!). She just doesn't need a codename because she has no secret identity any more. Her last name Troy is badass enough anyway, right?

I'd have her attempt to renew her photography career, after the demise of Teen Titans Academy, but something happens to drag her back into action.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

All-New Member

Hey, you think I could contact you, I may have a proposition idea.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I'm all for it as long as there is an actual concept to work with. Her getting a job somewhere, for instance. Does she have any enemies that are just her own?

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Terry Long Rebirth mini series.
    Nope.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I could see a comic being called Wonder Woman: TROY. She may not use the WW name, but Donna is essentially a second Wonder Woman (plus, the name serves for marketing!). She just doesn't need a codename because she has no secret identity any more. Her last name Troy is badass enough anyway, right?

I'd have her attempt to renew her photography career, after the demise of Teen Titans Academy, but something happens to drag her back into action.
    Very much this. if I remember correctly, the Titans series has her as a type of photo-journalist rather than model photog, which I think would be an excellent direction to take for her character.

It would be nice, but it would be waaay too tempting for the writers to focus on *fixing* her history and forget to write stories.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

I’d rather have a “This is Donna Troy” arc in the flagship Wonder Woman book.
    They need to firmly establish who she is, go back to her better origin of her being Diana’s adopted sister and give her a different angle and raison d’être than the other WW characters.
    I’d also make her the leader or co-leader of a decent Titans book that isn’t treated like the Junior League.

Going straight to a solo after being so mismanaged would guarantee failure.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Very much this. if I remember correctly, the Titans series has her as a type of photo-journalist rather than model photog, which I think would be an excellent direction to take for her character.
    You mean like Jimmy Olsen? Maybe Donna and Cassie could teamup as an investigative duo. Cassie fancies herself as a detective lately, so journalism would probably suit her as well. She does the research and Donna snaps the evidence, leading to exposés they can hand over to the Daily Planet or one of it's competitors?
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Going straight to a solo after being so mismanaged would guarantee failure.
    Honestly I think Wonder Woman Spin Off books have in general almost no chance of success.

Appart from Batman and Superman non of the DC franchises has currently strong enough sales to support Spin Off books.

Sure, why not
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

You mean like Jimmy Olsen? Maybe Donna and Cassie could teamup as an investigative duo. Cassie fancies herself as a detective lately, so journalism would probably suit her as well. She does the research and Donna snaps the evidence, leading to exposés they can hand over to the Daily Planet or one of it's competitors?
    Yes to all of this
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Incredible Member

I’d be in, gladly…with lots of Diana interactions, and some Titans support.
    Great, unappreciated character.
    Than we fix Garth next!

Extraordinary Member

No wonderwoman needs to be fixed first

Under Sensation Comics or Wonder Girls (if the Bats can why not...) Adventure Comics?

Honestly I do kind of like the title Wonder Woman: TROY but if we want to spotlight Donna and Cassie, perhaps one of the others is good?

Sensation Comics is definitely what they should use if it features more than one main character. It was only when you mentioned journalism that I thought about using Cassie as well. Wonder Girls is possible as a title, but it could lead to confusion if Yara's book relaunches. Adventure Comics is a no-no - that title belongs to the Super family (it was traditionally Superboy's title and has also been used by Supergirl and the Legion of Super Heroes).