Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Julia Carpenter: Spider-Woman II/Arachne/Madame Web Appreciation 2022

DONMn0iVAAAzmUv.jpgE2tT6rhXoAAJ_G_.jpgFYn2OBeUcAEsJel.jpg
    Because she also deserves some love!
    Who here loves this single mom superhero doing her best and looking awesome while doing it?
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Love her. I hope she returns to her Arachne persona eventually.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

I was very sad when the first SW bit the dust. It was in that era when it was not so easily 'undone'. After all a black female became Captain Marvel and we knew Mar-Vell was not coming back. So it was with Jessica or it seemed.

But the way they introduced her, the connection to Doom and Secret Wars, etc. was great. I loved her stories before she became/will become Web.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Considering Anya Corazon, whom she gave her Arachne costume to as Spider-Girl, is going by her original superhero name Arana again, I'm thinking Julia can get back the Arachne costume --- especially since she helped Anya with her Arana redesign in the first place --- and I am also hoping she survives the upcoming End of Spider-Verse.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    That would be a pretty bad idea.

Julia never stood out that much even when she didn't have competition, now there's Jessica, Anya, Cindy, and above all, Gwen, she'd be just another Spider-Woman, even her gimmick of being a mother is being used up by the more known Jessica.

At least as Madame Web she has a non interchangeable role, it does such she barely does anything, but at least she's not just, useless.

Anyways, shouldn't this thread be on the Spidey forums? While Julia was way more connected with Avengers before, nowadays she's firmly on the Spidey side.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Omg! Me too! I loved her as Madame Web in paper, but the sidelining is just dumb...

I preferred Julia to Jessica Drew as Spider-Woman, and I was sorry that she lost that identity to Maddie Franklin.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I preferred Julia to Jessica Drew as Spider-Woman, and I was sorry that she lost that identity to Maddie Franklin.
    Agreed. Always thought Julia's version of Spider-Woman to be quite unique. Those "Psi-Webs" had so much potential (IMHO):

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    Omg! Me too! I loved her as Madame Web in paper, but the sidelining is just dumb...
    I’d have her team up with Araña as Arachne-Woman and Spider-Girl (homage to Electra Woman and Dynagirl).

The real Madame Webb should be resurrected on Krakoa and take her mantle back which would turn Julia back to normal.

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura

Well, unfortunately she was sidelined way before that, it's kind of a miracle Grim Hunt didn't kill her off like they did with Mattie lol.

I’d have her team up with Araña as Arachne-Woman and Spider-Girl (homage to Electra Woman and Dynagirl).

The real Madame Webb should be resurrected on Krakoa and take her mantle back which would turn Julia back to normal.
    Again, what would Julia gain from that? Competing with the other 4 Spider-Women I listed would be real tough for her since she's less popular than all of 'em.

I do find it stupid how much she's so passive, 'cause she's just doing the same thing as Cassandra even though she has no reason to be like that, since Cassandra was passive because she was 200 years old and even at her best she was still in a wheelchair not getting into fights, while Julia could do way more with the combination of her usual powers + Cassandra's... It's so silly lol.

But again, her going back to being Spider-Woman or Arachne or whatever would likely make her be even more sidelined, since now she would have a fiercer competition than ever, in particular Jessica being the Spider-Mom who's part of the Avengers, two things Julia used to have, yeah...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

In that regard, I'd be fine with a Spider-Women Team-Up book starring Julia and Jessica. Hell, Rachel Carpenter, Julia's teenage (by now) daughter, can babysit Jessica's infant/toddler son Gerry while Jess and Julia are out on the town, or even pair up with Jessica's teenage niece Rebecca Marchand, who may or may not be able to make a spider-themed exoskeleton for her, too. That's just off the top of my head.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Yeah, I am surprised Cassandra wasn't brought back... But even that clone of hers wasn't enough for Julia to lose her Madame Web powerset

Yeah, I am surprised Cassandra wasn't brought back... But even that clone of hers wasn't enough for Julia to lose her Madame Web powerset
    I'd love to see Cassandra returned young again, and I'd love to see Charlotte Witter take on the Hostess Fruit Pies Madame Webb costume.

Julia needs that second costume back, the one from Omega Flight.

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura

No, just no...

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I actually like Julia as Madame Web, but would not complain about her returning to Arachne. I just wish she were used more, other than in a Spider-Man book (not a fan of SM in the comics unfortunately.)