Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I think that's what they were going for. Are Abnett and Lanning to blame for that horrible Scarlet Witch outfit? It debuted in her mini-series and was finally (and thankfully) discarded during The Crossing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Would have to check that out, but I do recall a (somewhat cleaner) version of that outfit being used for her appearances (alongside Julia) in the first season of the 90s Iron Man cartoon.
    Yup. Julia was alongside Wanda in the supporting cast of the IRON MAN cartoon. They might even have been called "Force Works"

And my recollection of the progression of that version of Wanda's battle dress was that it was introduced in the SCARLET WITCH miniseries which occurred during the end days of the AVENGERS WEST COAST series, which transitioned to FORCE WORKS, where she indeed wore the dress until returning to the official AVENGERS fold with THE CROSSING. So since the WITCH mini was written by Abnett/Lanning, as was WORKS, but there is no continuity of visual artist, it's likely from their direction for a new look...or someone editorially higher up.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 10-07-2022 at 07:59 PM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Yup. Julia was alongside Wanda in the supporting cast of the IRON MAN cartoon. They might even have been called "Force Works"

And my recollection of the progression of that version of Wanda's battle dress was that it was introduced in the SCARLET WITCH miniseries which occurred during the end days of the AVENGERS WEST COAST series, which transitioned to FORCE WORKS, where she indeed wore the dress until returning to the official AVENGERS fold with THE CROSSING. So since the WITCH mini was written by Abnett/Lanning, as was WORKS, but there is no continuity of visual artist, it's likely from their direction for a new look...or someone editorially higher up.
    Makes sense.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    Force Works would be fun again! Especially by DnA
    DnA?

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed. Just as long as no one gets killed-off...

Wonder Man killed himself to not be drawn in this art style anymore man, Walker wasn't as lucky, had to be drawn in that art style and that ugly ass costume for a while .

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I think that's what they were going for. Are Abnett and Lanning to blame for that horrible Scarlet Witch outfit? It debuted in her mini-series and was finally (and thankfully) discarded during The Crossing.
    Honestly, I don't think it was horrible, but it was just, boring, was just a red dress lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Wonder Man killed himself to not be drawn in this art style anymore man, Walker wasn't as lucky, had to be drawn in that art style and that ugly ass costume for a while .
    Let's face it...John has had some ugly costumes...fortunately the keep going back to the good one.

Oops! Guess I'm in the minority, then. Always thought the artwork was quite sharp, so to speak...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Let's face it...John has had some ugly costumes...fortunately they keep going back to the good one.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 10-09-2022 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Corrected Grammatical Errors.

DnA?
    DNA = Dan Abnett 'N Andy Lanning (if that's what you were asking). Also I believe that particular writing partnership was dissolved in recent years.
    Yup, looks like DNA split officially in 2014.

Honestly, I don't think it was horrible, but it was just, boring, was just a red dress lol.
    But Wanda's dress went effortlessly from the battlefield to a wedding! Not to be outdone, Julia's modified look was smashing for Rick Jones' wedding in HULK #418 (brought it back around to Julia!) Though I prefer the cover version with the opera gloves...

Agreed. Just as long as no one gets killed-off...

Wonder Man got better.. 🤣
    I would like Julia to hang with her Force Works friends again. Even if it's just a one-shot to hang out.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Wonder Man got better.. ��
    I would like Julia to hang with her Force Works friends again. Even if it's just a one-shot to hang out.
    That would be cool, yeah.

Oops! Guess I'm in the minority, then. Always thought the artwork was quite sharp, so to speak...

Why's Walker's hand on Julia's @$$? Were they an item back then? I don't remember many of her love interests besides Mantis' dad, Moonraker, during CROSSING...

Astonishing Member

Why's Walker's hand on Julia's @$$? Were they an item back then? I don't remember many of her love interests besides Mantis' dad, Moonraker, during CROSSING...
    No, she and Walker were never an item although he was likely interested. At most they had the odd moment here or there that had a slightly flirty vibe to it, but that was all. His hand placement there (and her leaning on him like that) is just a weird choice on the part of the artist.

In terms of Julia's romances she has only had two that we know of since her split from her husband: Moonraker and the Shroud. And Moonraker was later revealed to be a disguised Space Phantom as part of an elaborate scheme by Immortus. Space Phantoms usually take the form of existing people though--so there might be a real Moonraker out there somewhere, just waiting for a writer to introduce him.

Fisher Todd of the Force Works support staff was definitely interested in Julia and was set up as a potential love interest....but that never came to fruition because Moonraker showed up and swept Julia off her feet off-panel. Hawkeye also flirted with Julia for a while when she first joined the Avengers, before he and Mockingbird ended up patching up their marriage--but Julia was so rusty when it came to men at that point that she was completely oblivious that Clint was flirting with her until her teammates pointed it out. So she never responded and Clint ended up getting back together with Bobbi anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    No, she and Walker were never an item although he was likely interested. At most they had the odd moment here or there that had a slightly flirty vibe to it, but that was all. His hand placement there (and her leaning on him like that) is just a weird choice on the part of the artist.

In terms of Julia's romances she has only had two that we know of since her split from her husband: Moonraker and the Shroud. And Moonraker was later revealed to be a disguised Space Phantom as part of an elaborate scheme by Immortus. Space Phantoms usually take the form of existing people though--so there might be a real Moonraker out there somewhere, just waiting for a writer to introduce him.

Fisher Todd of the Force Works support staff was definitely interested in Julia and was set up as a potential love interest....but that never came to fruition because Moonraker showed up and swept Julia off her feet off-panel. Hawkeye also flirted with Julia for a while when she first joined the Avengers, before he and Mockingbird ended up patching up their marriage--but Julia was so rusty when it came to men at that point that she was completely oblivious that Clint was flirting with her until her teammates pointed it out. So she never responded and Clint ended up getting back together with Bobbi anyway.
    Thanks for the history lesson there.

Speaking of Julia’s love interests, I really liked her and Shroud together. It’s to bad that Shroud was written as crazy afterwards.

3BC4F288-3FEF-4145-A6DC-D0E6E7CB6D63.jpg
    Last edited by danielsan52; 10-11-2022 at 06:49 PM.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Speaking of Julia’s love interests, I really liked her and Shroud together. It’s to bad that Shroud was written as crazy afterwards.

Seriously. I wanted her to be there for him...
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

https://i.imgur.com/ZCH66TQ.jpg
    We'll agree to disagree on that, his face looks like PSX graphics to me lol.

DNA = Dan Abnett 'N Andy Lanning (if that's what you were asking). Also I believe that particular writing partnership was dissolved in recent years.
    Yup, looks like DNA split officially in 2014.
    Hah, I knew it sounded familiar, I saw "DnA" being used to describe a particular edgy phase of Legion of Super Heroes postboot era.

But Wanda's dress went effortlessly from the battlefield to a wedding! Not to be outdone, Julia's modified look was smashing for Rick Jones' wedding in HULK #418 (brought it back around to Julia!) Though I prefer the cover version with the opera gloves...
    https://cdn.fbsbx.com/v/t59.2708-21/...Mg&oe=6344CE44
    https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net...MA&oe=6367152A
    First link ain't working by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post

It is worth pointing out that Moonraker manipulated everyone's memories so they think he's a member of Force Works since its creation, so his relationship with Julia is iffy, to put it very lightly, and this was all before Busiek's "All contradictions are Space Phantoms created by Immortus" retcon lol.

Fisher Todd of the Force Works support staff was definitely interested in Julia and was set up as a potential love interest....but that never came to fruition because Moonraker showed up and swept Julia off her feet off-panel.
    Julia never showed interest too, her blaming him for putting Rachel in danger in one particular incident did it no favors.

Hell, looking at the wiki, with how little he showed up, maybe she didn't even find out it wasn't his fault.

Seriously. I wanted her to be there for him...
    Hm... While I don't know why he went crazy, it'd suck if Julia did nothing to help out, 'cause he was there for her after Charlotte stole her powers, even helped her to recover 'em:

(Ms. Marvel#8 vol 2).
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Yeah, I didn't like how Mark Waid handled that relationship in his Daredevil run.

When was the last time we saw Julia's daughter?