View Poll Results: Keanu

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • River's Edge

0 0%
  • Dangerous Liasons

0 0%
  • Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure (and sequels)

6 18.75%
  • Point Break

2 6.25%
  • My Own Private Idaho

1 3.13%
  • Bram Stoker's Dracula

2 6.25%
  • Speed

4 12.50%
  • Johnny Mnemonic

0 0%
  • Devil's Advocate

0 0%
  • The Matrix (and sequels)

6 18.75%
  • The Replacements

0 0%
  • Constantine

3 9.38%
  • Street Kings

0 0%
  • John Wick (and sequels)

6 18.75%
  • Other

2 6.25%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I picked Constantine and was surprised that it was the movie which came to mind first. Part of it is the supernatural, and the movie did that pretty well. But also its the movie where Keanu's acting seemed to fit the best.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Yeah I love the movie but that’s probably his worst performance.

I took an acting class in college and the teacher showed us clips from that movie as examples of what not to do in a scene.
    "I say, is the castle far?"

And yes, I did cringe as I typed that line lol.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Really surprised there's been no votes for Point Break or The Replacements.

And I definitely didn't think Bill & Ted would be in the lead. Always a surprise with a poll.
    I know, right?! Even The Lake House wasn't able to make any kind of dent in the poll.
    But no matter what, it'll always be my favorite after SPEED (1994):

Extraordinary Member

And John Wick pulls into the lead.

Retired

If I had a vote, I'd pick THE LAKE HOUSE. I like a lot of the other movies, but that one gives you time to get to know the characters and see Keanu and Sandy play them, without a lot of explosions and gunshots and guitar riffs to distract from them.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Really tough one, came down to Speed, Point Break, The Maxtrix, and I felt Speed edged them out, part of that is that I'm partial to crime thrillers like that (so I probably would have voted for Point Break second). Am I being a bit unfair to The Matrix?...yes, I am.
    Same, I would have picked The Matrix, but for that pesky 'and sequels' at the end, because I was not as big a fan of the sequels, and Speed and Point Break stood on their own. I'd rank Point Break a hair above, for being less 'summer movie' ish and predictable.

Constantine was decent. My Own Private Idaho was weird AF. Devil's Advocate had a glimmer of a good story that got lost in a mediochre movie, IMO. Johnny Mnemonic was just wildly bad, so much that it circled around and became something I could watch again in a MST3K sort of mood, to heckle. And I just do not get the love for the John Wick movies, my best friend watches them occasionally and I'm just not getting it.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I'd rank Point Break a hair above [Speed], for being less 'summer movie' ish and predictable.
    That's a very good and very fair point to Point Break's credit.

Someone even wrote an article comparing the two against each other:
    https://jumpcutonline.co.uk/2019/08/...nd-speed-1994/
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 09-26-2022 at 11:53 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Astonishing Member

I feel Matrix is extremely hard to beat and will probably stay that way though his entire career, at least regarding notoriety.

Then I have a soft spot for the Bill & Ted ones, I even got to watch the last one in a theater.

Devil's Advocate is my favorite single movie blockbuster from him. There's Constantine next (but that last is getting a sequel now) and Speed, which is also marred by getting a sequel without him. Dracula is also marred on this because I don't remember it as a "Keanu Reeves movie" mainly.

The John Wick movies I feel will need some more years before we get the full Keanupicture.

The first Matrix film for me because it is one of my top ten favorite movies of all time, bar none.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    Devil's Advocate is my favorite single movie blockbuster from him.
    I definitely rank DA very highly despite not voting for it. I have a real soft spot for well done Satanic gothic films and DA really succeeded in those aspects, the morality play of it all. It's a melodrama done right, a film that manages to straddle many different genre fences in a very fun entertaining and even thoughtful way.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 09-30-2022 at 06:18 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I have a hard time really narrowing the ones listen to #1 film for Keanu. So many solid flicks like Speed , Dracula , A Walk in the Clouds , Bill & Ted etc.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.