Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I sincerely hope their romance isn't done. Ivy isn't being pushed as an anti hero as heavily as Harley. You are correct there but I hope that if DC had Bruce willing to marry someone like Selina and Clark and Lois being okay with it then no one has room to criticise.

I don't see Harley as a hero like Bruce or Clark. She accepts/embraces her flaws and shortcomings unlike the other two. I can see a world where they can balance her dating Ivy.

Ivy's motives are not as self serving as someone like Selina and she's given a pass so why can't Ivy be.

It's complicated but it can work.

It's a shame. I don't Ivy to be an anti hero too. The batverse is losing female baddies right, left and centre. That's not good.

Let them be gay and do crime.
    I wish DC would let Harley and Ivy actually be a couple for longer than 4 months at a time. But they ALWAYS will look for a reason to break them apart whenever a new writer comes on and it's sickening tbh. Whenever it's two 'primary' heroes that happen to bt LGBT, DC seems super quick to break them up so they don't appear in each other's comics as a couple often. It seems the wrong message. When it's a background character, they seem fine with it. But another hero or someone that's popular enough to have a solo title? Suddenly they are always broken up just as fast as they get together whenever the writer changes.

Whenever Rucka isn't writing Batwoman and Renee, DC breaks them up.
    Whenever Ivy and Harley get together in the comics, new writer comes on and breaks them up just as soon.

It's sickening in all honesty.

How often did Batman and Catwoman be in the opposite ends of the law? But their 'romance' was something DC constantly threw out front and center. Selina was still a 'villain' but would do occasional good things or work with Batman. I don't see why it wouldn't/couldn't be the same with Harley and Ivy but having an actual relationship. A dynamic between them where they are both on opposite ends of the law but in a way still are wild cards to either side just makes sense. And they have NO PROBLEM constantly relaunching characters into those kind of 'forbidden' relationships when it's straight. But Harley and Ivy can't have the same dynamic and are constantly broken up every 2 months? Yeah no.
    Last edited by Majesty; 10-31-2022 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    I wish DC would let Harley and Ivy actually be a couple for longer than 4 months at a time. But they ALWAYS will look for a reason to break them apart whenever a new writer comes on and it's sickening tbh. Whenever it's two 'primary' heroes that happen to bt LGBT, DC seems super quick to break them up so they don't appear in each other's comics as a couple often. It seems the wrong message. When it's a background character, they seem fine with it. But another hero or someone that's popular enough to have a solo title? Suddenly they are always broken up just as fast as they get together whenever the writer changes.

Whenever Rucka isn't writing Batwoman and Renee, DC breaks them up.
    Whenever Ivy and Harley get together in the comics, new writer comes on and breaks them up just as soon.

It's sickening in all honesty.

How often did Batman and Catwoman be in the opposite ends of the law? But their 'romance' was something DC constantly threw out front and center. Selina was still a 'villain' but would do occasional good things or work with Batman. I don't see why it wouldn't/couldn't be the same with Harley and Ivy but having an actual relationship. A dynamic between them where they are both on opposite ends of the law but in a way still are wild cards to either side just makes sense. And they have NO PROBLEM constantly relaunching characters into those kind of 'forbidden' relationships when it's straight. But Harley and Ivy can't have the same dynamic and are constantly broken up every 2 months? Yeah no.
    That was the one let down of the last season of harley's TV show. The pair ending up on opposite sides of the law and seemingly on the outs.

I felt like we hardly got to see the pair in a functioning relationship before they started showing us the cracks and the flaws. At least let us enjoy them in love and in harmony for one season.
    smh

That was the one disappointing aspect of the 3rd season.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    These would be the same people who say that DC pushes her too much [shoving her down our throat]

Forgetting that DC at the end is in this to make money. They aren't going to keep pushing Harley if there wasn't a demand.

I can believe that Harley sells enough merch to be Dc's 4th pillar.
    Yup0FBBF78B-B240-4FCE-9D95-BF79E662176E.jpg
    She still gots it

Incredible Member

Poison Ivy 6 changes things up between Harley & Ivy in a major way again. Cannot say more without spoiling it.

spoilers:
    The whole series has been her actually sending a series of confessional letters to Harley finishing with her declaring her undying love for Harley. Causing Harley to rush off to find her.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Top Hat; 11-01-2022 at 04:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    Poison Ivy 6 changes things up between Harley & Ivy in a major way again. Cannot say more without spoiling it.

spoilers:
    The whole series has been her actually sending a series of confessional letters to Harley finishing with her declaring her undying love for Harley. Causing Harley to rush off to find her.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The comics seem more committed to their relationship. The show did a lot for the pairing but the 3rd season seemed to highlight the flaws in the pairing [even invented some that we haven't seen before]

I know that season 4 will bring em back together but still
    end of spoilers

I'm still grateful for the pairing.

I wanna explore Harley Quinn and Killer Frost next.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    I wanna explore Harley Quinn and Killer Frost next.
    Explore them as what?

Extraordinary Member

Harley Quinn #25 Variant by Kael Ngu

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Harley Quinn #25 Variant by Kael Ngu

Harley trying to stand tall next to Spawn of all characters .