Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Harley Quinn Appreciation

I love Harley Quinn, she is my favorite super villain. She is amazing, I look at her backstory and how much she was put through, and then I understand how she turned out the way she did. Joker put her through a lot, she deserves way better than that. I like how she is trying to fix her life and how she is trying to be good now. I understand how hard it probably was for her and at least she's trying to fix it. I believe she might be trying to fix her life because of her daughter, and I personally think that there is no better time to do it. I like the role she played in injustice 2, I like it very much. I like Harley Quinn as a good character. It's very inspirational how she went through what she did and even came out of it alive, and even more inspirational now that she's trying to fix it. I really like her story. She is a great character. After all she is my favorite female DC character. Villain or not she's got a big heart deep down, and that's how she turned out the way she did, she let people walk all over her, and she got her heart broke way too many times. I believe she really is a good person, if some people would give her a chance they would see it how I do. Good luck to Harley Quinn and whatever she does.
    Last edited by Nightwing's_Lover; 09-21-2022 at 04:37 AM. Reason: I think she needs to be appreciated for what all happened to her.

I can't believe Harley didn't already have an active appreciation thread. Anyway, the book relaunches at issue 28, Tini Howard is the new writer.
    https://twitter.com/GateCrashersPod/...94137594290176
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

OMG! So many great stuff came out of BTAS, and Harley Quinn is one of them!! Congratulations!!!

Last edited by K7P5V; 09-22-2022 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I can't believe Harley didn't already have an active appreciation thread. Anyway, the book relaunches at issue 28, Tini Howard is the new writer.
    Not sure how to feel about this...makes me wonder if we'll get more Catwoman crossovers.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Harley turns 30.

HQ30.jpg

I know right.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing's_Lover View Post
    I know right.
    I started a thread a while ago wondering about this and the answer appears to be on this forum at least that quite a few people really don’t like the character. There seems to be too parts to this. One that people cannot get past the idea she isn’t a villain any more. Secondly, they don’t like her relationship with Ivy. Both reasons seem pretty daft to me, but that’s just me.

Incredible Member

I am guessing she’s been handed the train wreck that is the current state of the relationship between Harley & Ivy judging by that description, I certainly don’t envy her that task. That’s assuming it acknowledges the current developments in the Ivy solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    I started a thread a while ago wondering about this and the answer appears to be on this forum at least that quite a few people really don’t like the character. There seems to be too parts to this. One that people cannot get past the idea she isn’t a villain any more. Secondly, they don’t like her relationship with Ivy. Both reasons seem pretty daft to me, but that’s just me.
    I like the first one.I like that she is a good guy now.

And I agree with those on the second one. I don't approve of her relationship with Ivy either. I like the characters separately on their own I just don't approve of gay ships.

Incredible Member

Seems appropriate to this thread.

This happens far too often on social media, only just come across this article so it’s a bit old.

Some even harassed the issue’s writer, Stephanie Phillips, who herself is a member of the LGBTQ+ community, over the creative decision, prompting other writers to speak out in her defense.
    https://www.pride.com/geek/2022/1/10...ns-are-reeling

Seems appropriate to this thread.

This happens far too often on social media, only just come across this article so it’s a bit old.

https://www.pride.com/geek/2022/1/10...ns-are-reeling
    I never harassed anybody, I don't do that, i was just stating my opinion, you took that way to far, all I said was that "I" don't like it. I never discriminated anyone for liking it. You have no right to say that, I wasn't harassing. If you think that is harassing then you got another thing coming. You must be really sensitive if you think that is a form of harassing somebody, cause it's not. Does it look like I take offense to somebody who does like it. No I don't, and that is literally the same thing, just reversed. That don't even make since, how can you feel harassed when all I did was state my opinion. If that's what you think is being harassed then you know deep down that it's not right and you cannot persuade me to think other wise.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing's_Lover View Post
    I never harassed anybody, I don't do that, i was just stating my opinion, you took that way to far, all I said was that "I" don't like it. I never discriminated anyone for liking it. You have no right to say that, I wasn't harassing. If you think that is harassing then you got another thing coming. You must be really sensitive if you think that is a form of harassing somebody, cause it's not. Does it look like I take offense to somebody who does like it. No I don't, and that is literally the same thing, just reversed. That don't even make since, how can you feel harassed when all I did was state my opinion. If that's what you think is being harassed then you know deep down that it's not right and you cannot persuade me to think other wise.
    Why would you think it was about you, it was a more general comment on social media?

Why would you think it was about you, it was a more general comment on social media?
    I was just saying, just in case that was it. It sounded like a direct hit to my previous comment. If it wasn't and you were just stating then, I was also just stating, but if that was a direct hit then, I was just stating my peace. Even if you were just saying that in general, I was still just stating my peace.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Sure alot of Harley Quinn coloring books on the market.

HarleyColoringBook.jpg

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Harley has been lucky to have 2/2 very strong live action adaptations. I loved what they did with her inthe BoP series.