Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Harley has been lucky to have 2/2 very strong live action adaptations. I loved what they did with her inthe BoP series.
    This actually kind of matches her Gotham Knights look too! Funny.

Love Harley. Can't wait for season 4 of her show.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Love Harley. Can't wait for season 4 of her show.
    I do too! It's about time she gets recognized as herself instead of Joker's crazy lover.

Homage Poster for Harley's 30th

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing's_Lover View Post
    I do too! It's about time she gets recognized as herself instead of Joker's crazy lover.
    I think she managed that a while back when Jim Lee called her DC's 4th pillar.

Harley and Joker as a couple are still a huge part of pop culture but as you say, it's great to see her go way beyond the role she was initially created to fill.

A major and rare achievement for a character that started out as a sidekick if sorts.

The show is awesome not just for Harley but for the hilarious and crack takes on all the characters thus far.

As crack or sometimes wildly OC as some of those characters can get, they also somehow work in that comedic world setting.
    Last edited by dietrich; 10-05-2022 at 09:09 AM.

Incredible Member

Harley and Joker as a couple are still a huge part of pop culture but as you say, it's great to see her go way beyond the role she was initially created to fill.

A major and rare achievement for a character that started out as a sidekick if sorts.

The show is awesome not just for Harley but for the hilarious and crack takes on all the characters thus far.

As crack or sometimes wildly OC as some of those characters can get, they also somehow work in that comedic world setting.
    Some people really seem to hate that Lee ever said that about her being the fourth pillar, sure that’s partly the reason some seem to dump on the character online.

She and Joker are making googly eyes at each other in Batwheels.

Homage Poster for Harley's 30th

I like that picture. That is great art.

I agree. It does have some funny moments. I'm glad she got her own show. It's crazy cause, Ivy's been out way longer that she has and yet she don't have a show, at least not that I know of. I'm glad she's getting her own spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    Some people really seem to hate that Lee ever said that about her being the fourth pillar, sure that’s partly the reason some seem to dump on the character online.
    These would be the same people who say that DC pushes her too much [shoving her down our throat]

Forgetting that DC at the end is in this to make money. They aren't going to keep pushing Harley if there wasn't a demand.

I can believe that Harley sells enough merch to be Dc's 4th pillar.

They might not like to hear him say it but if it's true then it's true. Her popularity can't be denied.

I think a decent amount of the hate that follows Harley stems from the fact that she catapulted to A list in a short space of time. Eclipsing a lot of favourites who for a long time where seen [by fans]as higher/more A list than her.

This is why you get such complaints as shoving down throats because some can't grasp that a newer or lesser [supporting] character can gain over night popularity to challenge characters like WW, Lex or characters on the JL.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She and Joker are making googly eyes at each other in Batwheels.
    Is that out? Didn't even know she was on there.

That's another great thing about Harley. She is a true to life representation of Bisexuality. Having held down two established great love affairs with a male and a female.

I can't think of any other bi character with two notable long lasting relationship with a man and a female.

The bi characters I can think of all seem to lean towards one gender with affairs/flirtations on the side. Example how Selina is Bi but mainly dates men.
    Last edited by dietrich; 10-06-2022 at 12:32 PM.

Harley was a character I liked but didn't love until the last few years. She's honestly become one of my favorite DC characters. Both pathos and comedy along with several killer designs. Her inclusion in the Joker sequel is the only reason I'm interested in that movie

Incredible Member

Is that out? Didn't even know she was on there.

That's another great thing about Harley. She is a true to life representation of Bisexuality. Having held down two established great love affairs with a male and a female.

I can't think of any other bi character with two notable long lasting relationship with a man and a female.

The bi characters I can think of all seem to lean towards one gender with affairs/flirtations on the side. Example how Selina is Bi but mainly dates men.
    Though DC keep hinting her relationship with Ivy isn’t done. As much as I might not like it to be the case I cannot see how it could be rekindled when they are very much set on very different paths with Harley being far more the hero these days and Ivy going back to being a supervillain just with more complexity in how this is represented. I mean Ivy went off with someone else whereas Harley didn’t sleep with Selina when it given the opportunity. Selina also it should be said thought better of it.

Though DC keep hinting her relationship with Ivy isn’t done. As much as I might not like it to be the case I cannot see how it could be rekindled when they are very much set on very different paths with Harley being far more the hero these days and Ivy going back to being a supervillain just with more complexity in how this is represented. I mean Ivy went off with someone else whereas Harley didn’t sleep with Selina when it given the opportunity. Selina also it should be said thought better of it.
    I sincerely hope their romance isn't done. Ivy isn't being pushed as an anti hero as heavily as Harley. You are correct there but I hope that if DC had Bruce willing to marry someone like Selina and Clark and Lois being okay with it then no one has room to criticise.

I don't see Harley as a hero like Bruce or Clark. She accepts/embraces her flaws and shortcomings unlike the other two. I can see a world where they can balance her dating Ivy.

Ivy's motives are not as self serving as someone like Selina and she's given a pass so why can't Ivy be.

It's complicated but it can work.

It's a shame. I don't Ivy to be an anti hero too. The batverse is losing female baddies right, left and centre. That's not good.

Let them be gay and do crime.