Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Well there being a backlog of Mutants isn't a "can't" issue because we already know they can move the Main Character Mutants to the front of the line whenever they feel like it
    I mean, it still is a can't.

Let's say Krakoa can only produce 10 resurrections/day, and there are 1 Million Mutants waiting. If the main X-men team die, now you have 1 Million and 6 Mutants waiting.
    Regardless of the main character mutants being prioritized, it still is only 10 Mutants/day and still have a backlog of 9,999,994 mutants in queue.

If you add on humans and you are still capped at 10 resurrections/day, that is enough of a reason for can't, as there are now 1 million mutants + whatever number of humans in queue.

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    I mean, it still is a can't.

Let's say Krakoa can only produce 10 resurrections/day, and there are 1 Million Mutants waiting. If the main X-men team die, now you have 1 Million and 6 Mutants waiting.
    Regardless of the main character mutants being prioritized, it still is only 10 Mutants/day and still have a backlog of 9,999,994 mutants in queue.

If you add on humans and you are still capped at 10 resurrections/day, that is enough of a reason for can't, as there are now 1 million mutants + whatever number of humans in queue.
    That's exactly the argument Cyclops makes in #1. The resource is limited and besides humans are still killing mutants every day. The number of mutants in the queue is not going down as fast as it should because they are still feared, hated and killed.

Astonishing Member

I’d still argue the limitations are arbitrary and rarely ever factor into the stories of will a mutant come back, but whatever. Marvel has decided on what kind of stories it will allow it’s writers to tell about the protocols and which they will not. Had to make my peace with that. They don’t want to do hard sci-fi. Probably because they don’t want people looking too closely at their idea of genetics

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

The limitations aren't arbitrary, they're inevitable because of the method they use

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    The limitations aren't arbitrary, they're inevitable because of the method they use
    I think there’s a disconnect here. The method they choose is arbitrary. I’m pointing out they specifically chose this as a method of resurrection to specifically have those limits in place, but that they are ultimately arbitrary in a way where that while it affects the plot occasionally, it does not affect the characters. No one who is a major or secondary character in these books who dies has to worry about that limit because they are guranteed to move to the front of the line. None of them are going to have to worry about being stuck in line for years. The closest the books got to address this in terms of a character and not a plot for the faceless, was Sabretooth where I think some people talked about the privileged nature of those who were guranteed to go to the front of the queue. But no major character is going to face it.

Not that the fandom could stand if. Cylcops has to wait an issue or two in Judgment Day, because of Cap, nvm he’s definitely back for the next issue of X-men, and some people go nuts.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Yup. It's not like this is the first time a nation has "lied" to protect state secrets. And they still need back-ups of people which they currently don't have capacity for. And they don't have people's permission.

Truly, how many of the mutant-hating humans would line up to give over their DNA and sign a consent form allowing mutants to scan them regularly?
    That's actually a very good point you raise at the end, and how it should be addressed. "You want immortality? Here are the terms and conditions . . ."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yup. It's not like this is the first time a nation has "lied" to protect state secrets. And they still need back-ups of people which they currently don't have capacity for. And they don't have people's permission.

Truly, how many of the mutant-hating humans would line up to give over their DNA and sign a consent form allowing mutants to scan them regularly?
    Sibling is smoking the Krakoan logic herb and speaking truths.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

When Katrina finally took action, I thought of you and said "too little, too late." LOL!

Great to see the world coming together and the implications of what may happen with the resurrection protocols are intriguing. I'm fine with Cap getting rezzed and the hopefully naked covered in goop status to come.
    Goop goop? Or goop the mutant?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Sibling is smoking the Krakoan logic herb and speaking truths.
    Love you. See you at the Lagoon.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Goop goop? Or goop the mutant?
    Yes.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    "Every person that hatches is now a mutant" would be the ultimate trolling for racist humans. Choose: inmortality or bigotry
    Isn’t that what ice man’s dad did?

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    Captain America is a disgusting character.
    The Progenitor agrees
    The Progenitor is wrong
    And so are you

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Him and Tony Stark, whose “MCU-ification” has truly made him the most annoying character in comics today. The smarmy, snarky archetype is so overdone. Makes me long for the grimdark 90s when I actually liked most characters and didn’t wish I could punch so many of them in the face. And writers just have to stop with the Steve Rogers wankfest. “I know what we need to save the day… some sanctimonious poon draped in the American flag. That’ll do it!” GTFOH. :eyeroll:
    Dude, you have a picture of Wolverine as your avatar

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    he's not the sole main character, but he's as much of one as tony, jean and wolverine are.
    Not seeing the problem there

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Exactly how I felt. It was such an eye roll moment IMO. There’s been too much Avengers jock riding in this event for my taste. Also highly misleading in terms of pointing to mutant-on-Eternal fights when it was actually just mutants versus giant kaijus (which was boring as hell IMO), and then they team up to fight the very god they created. *facepalm*

I wanted more Wolverine versus Jack of Knives or Kingo, Cable versus Gilgamesh or Phastos, Psylocke versus Thena, etc. Basically more “versus” action… but I’m a simple man I suppose, in terms of what I enjoy in these books. Give me some Jim Lee drawn splash pages like the ones X-Tinction Agenda was full of back in the day, and I am quite content.
    Ah. So you’re a fan of hero on hero events. Not my thing, but okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    This was boring. I do wonder if I would enjoy this event more if I cared at all about the Eternals or Avengers.
    Boring? To each their own I guess. I usually prefer smaller character piece stories myself, but as far as all out action issues go, I see this one as one of the best I’ve ever read. I can see how others wouldn’t like it, but boring is something I’m having trouble grasping.