Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    I just got the issue but have yet to read it. I must have missed an issue... Since when did the Mutant Resurrection Protocols work for Baseline Humans?
    Trial of Magneto.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Starfox indicates the protocols need to be changed at some point to keep things from happening again, so some kind of limits going to be introduced. Maybe an age limit or a number of times someone can be brought back with them
    Or maybe just be reprogrammed to track Punisher, Logan, Deadpool etc and harvest the people they hack to pieces before they die?

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Trial of Magneto.
    It wasn't so clear back then because Wanda and Pietro have some genetic stuff made by the High Evolutionary that masks them as mutants. That's why Exodus called her "The Pretender" (even if she didn't know, Exodus is just a jerk).

Cap is more definitive.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    It wasn't so clear back then because Wanda and Pietro have some genetic stuff made by the High Evolutionary that masks them as mutants. That's why Exodus called her "The Pretender" (even if she didn't know, Exodus is just a jerk).

Cap is more definitive.
    Cerebro recorded Wanda and Pietro as mutants.

It wasn’t clear if they could use the resurrection on someone never recorded as a mutant like Captain America.

But that’s clearly not true.

Obviously, they still don’t have the time or resources to do this for most people. Cool they did it for Cap, but I would like details since Cap was never recorded as a mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    My only gripe with this issue is how does one burn the Phoenix Force? I imagine it's right up there with Namor drowning or Iceman getting hypothermia.

As for Cap coming back with his shield, I don't really think it's that big of a deal. Proteus is there so when you have a reality bender doing such focused work I'm pretty sure re-creating his shield (or hell maybe even plucking it from his dead body?) is no big deal.
    Yea, it’s definitely a kind of stupid irony when you consider that not only is it a flaming bird but once upon a time, it ate a star, something that’s sure to get brought up in Jean’s tie-in issue because she will never escape that no matter how much they try to separate her from the Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Cerebro recorded Wanda and Pietro as mutants.

It wasn’t clear if they could use the resurrection on someone never recorded as a mutant like Captain America.

But that’s clearly not true.

Obviously, they still don’t have the time or resources to do this for most people. Cool they did it for Cap, but I would like details since Cap was never recorded as a mutant.
    Xavier or one of the telepths could have backed him up at any point in this event. OR what emerges from the egg is just a Cap clone with no actual memories. We'll have to wait and see

About the protocol system now working with humans I don't understand the joy of some here.

Does anyone really believe this will be used positively by humans? Or that mutants have enough conditions or resources to bring all humans back to life when many mutants are still dead or powerless?

There's not the slightest chance that this will last or that it will work in the long term.

So Tom's son is a mutant?

And there we go.

The world and heroes unite in the face of crisis and a common enemy after Cap's speech but I can't say I don't understand the Celestial.

Humans don't learn from their mistakes and we keep following the same pattern over and over again. We let people die in stupid wars, we want to force our beliefs and way of life on people who want something different and we don't mind flaunting expensive cell phones, imported cars or taking a few minute trips in a rocket for absurd values ​​while millions go hungry or are enslaved.The only thing that keeps my hope is children as long as they are born there is hope for a better future but as the Celestial rightly said we always postpone that future until one day there may not be a future anymore.

No doubt the heroes will figure it out but again what does that mean? Even if the world has seen the X-men fight to save a world that hates them again, none of them will do a damn thing when Orchis and Nimrod come to finish them off.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Enh...No comment.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I’m thinking backing up Cap was one of the ‘modifications’ Destiny spoke about.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Yea, it’s definitely a kind of stupid irony when you consider that not only is it a flaming bird but once upon a time, it ate a star, something that’s sure to get brought up in Jean’s tie-in issue because she will never escape that no matter how much they try to separate her from the Phoenix.
    This!

How does a being made of fire and eat stars for brunch get burned like overdone microwave popcorn.

As for Jean's tie in issue I'm really hoping something CONCERETE gets done with her relationship to the force. No more of this tip-toe toxic relationship bs.

Hell they can give Echo ummm an echo of the force like they did Rachel if they are really that hellbent on keeping Echo on a cosmic level.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Jv565 View Post
    I’m thinking backing up Cap was one of the ‘modifications’ Destiny spoke about.
    Ohh that could be delicious. And possibly set up a whole chain of events lol. AvX: Part 2.

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

I don't know why you care so much about the Phoenix thing when you simply have to burn the host, not the Phoenix itself.

We've seen hosts of the Phoenix die from being stabbed and Jean was dying when she and Logan were thrown to the sun in New X-Men

I don't know why you care so much about the Phoenix thing when you simply have to burn the host, not the Phoenix itself.

We've seen hosts of the Phoenix die from being stabbed and Jean was dying when she and Logan were thrown to the sun in New X-Men
    yes and often it just temporarily takes the PF out before it comes back months or years later looking for a new host

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Marvel's clearly on the "giving Echo powers" train because she has some kind of powers in her own TV series apparently.
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 09-21-2022 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    yes and often it just temporarily takes the PF out before it comes back months or years later looking for a new host
    But on the flip side of that haven't we also seen the Force heal its host from lethal bodily harm?

I mean the zombie Celestial said he wanted to be creative with their deaths and he did it for a few of them (that Thor one was brutal), so its just weird that fire would be the cause of death to the PF or rather it's host.