Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    Exactly this!

I know that this is specifically the Xbooks thread, so it is somewhat understandable that there is forum support for mutants over Avengers/Eternals.

But it is pretty ridiculous how there is this overwhelming sentiment that the comic series A.X.E. is not just 'X', and that this crossover event is ruined because it isn't just X running the show entirely.

Wolverine delegating to Jack of Knives is not blasphemy. Nightcrawler delegating to Steve Rogers is not blasphemy. Sersi delegating control over their bodies to Mutants is not blasphemy. Avengers/Eternals following Bishop and Destiny's plan is not blasphemy.

Like EVERY crossover event, it involves the different teams fighting each other, before COLLABORATING together.
    @lefthanded speaks the truth
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodj View Post
    By letting Cap aka Mary Sue of Marvel take all the credit in beating the bad guy?
    Did you read an advance copy of the next issue?

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Ah. So you’re a fan of hero on hero events. Not my thing, but okay.
    This is a hero on hero event. Just a shitty one. Heroes fight each other, then heroes fight kaijus, then heroes create an even bigger problem which kills sooo many more people than their stupid war was killing, and then they team up to stop the bigger problem they created. I’m not sure you can call these folks heroes. They’re really terrible at it honestly. That goes for all of them.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    People don't seem to have understood the entire point of this event as well as the X-Men characters appearing in Avengers book afterwards is to boost the sales of the Avengers office ones, since they have been at best disappointing for a long time (Aaron's Avengers sometimes don't even make the top 50 best selling ones, most of the others not doing so hot either).

It's exactly what they done in AvX and Uncanny Avengers (when the situation wasn't so bad, granted); the difference being that rather than stepping on the X-Men and their characters and mythos, like it was done back then, they seemed to have realized that doesn't work in the long run and will be more respectful and look for actual cooperation.

On that note, not expecting Cap America to be the big damn hero in an event designed to promote the Avengers is delusional. Hell, the fact he failed in his judgement and mission is more than they would be allowed normally.
    Somebody’s delusional alright but I don’t think it’s who you believe it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    This is a hero on hero event. Just a shitty one. Heroes fight each other, then heroes fight kaijus, then heroes create an even bigger problem which kills sooo many more people than their stupid war was killing, and then they team up to stop the bigger problem they created. I’m not sure you can call these folks heroes. They’re really terrible at it honestly. That goes for all of them.
    I concede the point.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Yeah. The way it was presented made it look like they resurrected the shield. It seems an odd limitation now that they can recreate vibranium but not clothes.

If he gave them clothing, they would be soaked in goo.

Incredible Member

This whole event kind of crystallises the problem with how the mutants are characterised these days as literally thinking they are above everyone even their allies, I am amazed anyone trusts them considering how much they’ve lied to even those on their side. Also considering how powerful some of the Avengers are they appear to have deliberately de-powered some like the Starbrand.

I wouldn’t say the event is awful just very, very average with far too much focus on Captain America.

Incredible Member

There are plenty of heroes who are pretty blameless in this people like Ms Marvel, Peter Parker etc etc. The more street level heroes getting the short end of the stick caused by the bigger names. Even some bigger names like the FF4 seem more to be picking up the messes of others.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    This whole event kind of crystallises the problem with how the mutants are characterised these days as literally thinking they are above everyone even their allies, I am amazed anyone trusts them considering how much they’ve lied to even those on their side. Also considering how powerful some of the Avengers are they appear to have deliberately de-powered some like the Starbrand.

I wouldn’t say the event is awful just very, very average with far too much focus on Captain America.
    I mean let's be real, if Krakoa had their way they'd be fine with the humans dying if they survived. Half the council certainly sees it that way, Kurt (apparently) going rogue is basically the only thing indicating otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I mean let's be real, if Krakoa had their way they'd be fine with the humans dying if they survived. Half the council certainly sees it that way, Kurt (apparently) going rogue is basically the only thing indicating otherwise
    Well, Xavier is who has resurrected Steve.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

To be fair, Ajak, Makkari, Sinister and Tony were the ones with the stupid plan, the other had no say in it.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Somebody’s delusional alright but I don’t think it’s who you believe it to be.
    Oh, enlightened one, tell us then what's the point of crossover then (and don't say it's because Gillen had an idea, because he already said he was "invited" to write it, a polite way of saying it was happening with or without him).

To be fair, Ajak, Makkari, Sinister and Tony were the ones with the stupid plan, the other had no say in it.

Oh, enlightened one, tell us then what's the point of crossover then (and don't say it's because Gillen had an idea, because he already said he was "invited" to write it, a polite way of saying it was happening with or without him).
    Sinister didn't even have the idea, he was just forced to collaborate.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Well, Xavier is who has resurrected Steve.
    I mean the dialogue indicates that resurrecting him is Kurt's idea

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I mean the dialogue indicates that resurrecting him is Kurt's idea
    Yeah, I know what you're saying, but at the very least Xavier has to support it or he could just refuse to do it.

Astonishing Member

You’re the one making the claim this book exists to buoy avengers sales, you provide the evidence for that claim first.