Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I don't see any indication they no longer need it. Nightcrawler definitely looked to be scheming about it early in the issue, as he knows immediately what he wants to do when he wakes up and asks Egg for an Egg, even though he doesn't remember dying. My guess is that Immortal #7 will illuminate when they got a backup.
    Yeah I think Nightcrawler likely got somebody to manually back up Steve (or all the Avengers) before their final confrontation.

Extraordinary Member

I assume as a result of the situation Xavier and the council switched the settings on Cerebro to start backing up humans as well as mutants so they could bring the Avengers back.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Wanda made the Waiting Room only for mutants, so they need the back up. They also need DNA from the person, so they in some moment took DNA from Steve
    They have the DNA from Sinister, who I guaran god damn tee has human DNA of at least the main human characters in the MU if not every human hes ever met

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    I assume as a result of the situation Xavier and the council switched the settings on Cerebro to start backing up humans as well as mutants so they could bring the Avengers back.
    Maybe? But it'd have to have been done before they died otherwise what'd they save from

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Maybe? But it'd have to have been done before they died otherwise what'd they save from
    Of course. Nightcrawler would have known Cap was backed up just like he was before taking him to deliberately get killed by the Celestial.

They probably just told Xavier to do a copy of every human superhero there.

What we don't know is if he can do that with the entire human race. He already has to use a lot of his time for some thousands of mutants.

So I guess that the proposal to humans is going to be something like "back ups only for children" or something like that.

I mean how many humans are even left after this issue

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Wanda made the Waiting Room only for mutants, so they need the back up. They also need DNA from the person, so they in some moment took DNA from Steve
    Yup, and it'd be powerful optics for the world to witness Captain America getting killed and then brought back by mutants. A truly unifying message. For those still alive, anyway.

The mystery now is when was his mind backed up and if he knew it would be. And that's another reason why mutants can't simply bring humans back, they have to be okay with regular psychic scans (if Xavier can even do that for billions).
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member

It looks like Krakoa's resurrection protocols will be vindicated by being used like the Infinity Stones in Endgame to restore all the populations of humans and mutants, and everyone will be ok with mutants for 2 seconds until the next story.

Incredible Member

so is this another celestial mind scenario like issue 3 cause dr doom died here and it would be odd if they willingly brought him back.

It looks like Krakoa's resurrection protocols will be vindicated by being used like the Infinity Stones in Endgame to restore all the populations of humans and mutants, and everyone will be ok with mutants for 2 seconds until the next story.
    "Welcome back to the living, human. We are pleased to have you back."
    Human: Wow, thanks. How did you do it?
    "With a backup of your mind and your DNA."
    Human: WHAT?! HOW DARE YOU?!!! DEATH TO THE MUTANTS!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Nah, I don't think so. They already said that Celestials are supercharged when they are newborn. They are going to use the Celestial energy to resurrect people,

The Five don't have capacity to fix this. They would need years.

They are going to use the Celestial energy to charge Earth Machine and it's going to use the Eternals systems or something like that

This reminds me of Justice League Dark: Apokolips War with all these heroes dying.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    This reminds me of Justice League Dark: Apokolips War with all these heroes dying.
    The comparison does the issue no favors since that movie handled killing off the world's heroes much better.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Would have loved to see the Arakkii join the Fray, but it's cool I guess.....-_-

LOL at the Phoenix getting killed by getting Burnt Alive.