Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    We know that the limit is 6,000 people a day, that's of course one person every 14.4 seconds without no breaks (They probably rest and sleep so they actually take less time in each resurrection) . With Nightcrawler they probably already had the husk done before because it was a suicide mission so you can lower it even more in this case.

And even with these numbers they would need to multiply their current capacity by 33 to resurrect all the people who die each day, not counting of course all the people who have died before.

At this current rate they will need between 5 and 7 years to resurrect all of Genosha. It's not "narrative thing" is maths.
    Well, add more teams from the ones that are already standing as back ups. Then time travel all the teams back a second, then all those combined teams back a second, and repeat as needed. Pretty soon, the Five becomes the Hundred Billion.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post

Arakko doesn't want to get rezzed, they're irrelevant. And the whole point is that they're working on bringing them back.

And because it's the right thing to do? By this logic, they shouldn't help the humans at all.
    Thanks for proving my point by saying that millions of lives lost is irrelevant.

And make no mistake, although bringing mutants to life on Arrako isn't the norm, that doesn't mean a genocide won't change opinions.

And there we go again the right thing to do?
    And what would be the right thing to do when mutants were being hunted, killed or enslaved? It's all too easy to demand the right thing to do from others when your side has never done it right but again humans don't learn from their mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Thanks for proving my point by saying that millions of lives lost is irrelevant.

And make no mistake, although bringing mutants to life on Arrako isn't the norm, that doesn't mean a genocide won't change opinions.

And what would be the right thing to do when mutants were being hunted, killed or enslaved? It's all too easy to demand the right thing to do from others when your side has never done it right but again humans don't learn from their mistakes.
    And when opinions change, then it's relevant. Until then...

And I note how literally nothing in your argument explains why mutants are helping the humans at all.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I really don't see how this mutant society can create a planet but apparently cannot handle fucking just upgrading their RAM
    They would need to clone the Five many times (minimum 50 times to start), which raises a whole other set of moral issues.

Eh, maybe Sinisters just does that in Sins of Sinister

Well, add more teams from the ones that are already standing as back ups. Then time travel all the teams back a second, then all those combined teams back a second, and repeat as needed. Pretty soon, the Five becomes the Hundred Billion.
    We have to go by what is canonically told to us and right now there are major limits to how many they can resurrect at a time.

The next big hurdle is making people comfortable with giving up their DNA and allowing their minds to be scanned regularly, and their children's. Some people have their phone numbers unlisted for privacy. I don't think most people would readily volunteer such things.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    We have to go by what is canonically told to us and right now there are major limits to how many they can resurrect at a time.

The next big hurdle is making people comfortable with giving up their DNA and allowing their minds to be scanned regularly, and their children's. Some people have their phone numbers unlisted for privacy. I don't think most people would readily volunteer such things.
    Im just imagining an Omega doing that and Xavier quietly providing the “course correction” so they are suddenly completely on board with it.

…what, you know he would do it.

Krakoa literally has fourth dimensional resources, and tons of reality warpers and time travelers. And, y'know, they could just add them to the list.
    Or you know they can just not?

I can can't even begin to see a reason as to why Krakoa should give two shits about some random humans in a mass of billions. Lots of which want them dead and cheered as the Eternals attempted to raze Krakoa.

Oh and Scott should have been brought back instead of Steve Rogers, but you know ultimately the Avengers have to be the stars of the show zzzz....
    Last edited by CoCoBandz; 09-21-2022 at 02:36 PM.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post

I mean, I kind of see that point though. The assumption in this thread is that every human would want to be brought back and that simply wouldn’t be the case. Case in point, there are 2 billion practicing Christians in the world. We have a different sort of resurrection. Xavier can keep the Five. And, while I don’t speak for all Christians or religious people, you would have to assume a huge portion of them would agree with me.

And aside from religious reasons, there are other reasons people might not want immortality. Those lives are not irrelevant. To the contrary, the wishes expressed during those lives are relevant and should be honored.

Selene can and has offered to resurrect Genosha, and they don't need to resurrect every human that dies just the ones killed by mutants.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Incredible Member

so can they even bring thor back this way? or even bring echo and the new starbrand back with their powers, before new hosts are chosen?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    Selene can and has offered to resurrect Genosha, and they don't need to resurrect every human that dies just the ones killed by mutants.
    Resurrection by Selene almost always comes with a steep price to pay for the resurrected -- or else!
    Last edited by Micabe; 09-21-2022 at 03:56 PM.

They're literally immortal now. They have all the time in the world.
    All the time in the world to fall further behind. If they can reduce the death rate by 3% working at max capacity, don't forget that the number adds to itself every single day. All the time in the world doesn't matter when the issue they are expected to solve also has all the time in the world to stack up faster than they can deal with it.

Although I suppose I am required to hate the mutants for not working like slaves with no time off to even go to the bathroom since that's lost resurrection time or something.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    But why? That's as unreasonable as saying humans should find a way to bring back every mutant killed by humans or at the very least investigate and catalog each one so they can be brought back. It seems most see this from the vantage point of humans which in this case have clearly been the aggressors and oppressors but what if one of the five was completely against it, should that person then be forced? What if all were?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Destiny already knows how this all ends. Kill a Moira save the world which will lead us into SOS

Amazing Member

I have to believe that them brining cap back is the beginning of them writing out resurrection system. you can't have Spiderman being worried about Mary Jane dying if he can just go to Krakoa and bring her back. it breaks to many stories when its usable on every character. the current Daredevil run has been about him dealing with the fact that he killed someone and went to jail for manslaughter. you literally can not do that story if his victim could have been brought back from the dead without hassle.

there are have been rumors about immortal men 10 for a while (the big Xavier issue) I think thats the issue where he finally snaps and destroys the back ups and cerebro. and says no more cloning. it would make sense.