Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Resurrection (Judgment Day Spoilers)

So they proved that mutant resurrection can actually work on anyone? That makes them holding out on it suddenly a lot more sinister.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    So they proved that mutant resurrection can actually work on anyone? That makes them holding out on it suddenly a lot more sinister.
    Not really. They have only a small team doing the resurrections. They can’t resurrect everyone who dies

But it does seem like they can share. Like they will resurrection exceptional humans under exceptional circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Not really. They have only a small team doing the resurrections.
    The datapages made it clear that they had plenty of backups that could sub. That's kind of why people were complaining that it didn't make sense as to them getting assassinated was treated as too much of a big deal - the whole point of those datapages was Hickman eliminating an easy way out for writers to artificially insert conflict.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I mean we already knew the only thing keeping them from doing it before was not backing up humans. They already revived a human before with Wanda.

Xavier probably doesn't have the capacity to back up 8 billion people. We already know how much time it takes for him with a few thousand mutants and it's a lot.

Similarly, they do not have the genetic database of 8 billion people. As Cyclops lays out in Judgmenet Day #1, even if it was possible, which they didn't know, they just don't have the capacity to share it with everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Xavier probably doesn't have the capacity to back up 8 billion people. We already know how much time it takes for him with a few thousand mutants and it's a lot.

Similarly, they do not have the genetic database of 8 billion people. As Cyclops lays out in Judgmenet Day #1, even if it was possible, which they didn't know, they just don't have the capacity to share it with everyone.
    I dunno, we're supposed to believe Sinister has the DNA of apparently every single mutant since the 70s, him having human DNA isnt that much of a reach.

Actually, no. Data storage is explicitly not an issue and he's scanning anywhere on Earth at all times.

Of course.

After all, if you have a way to prevent your people from being killed by your enemies or giant killer machines, the most natural thing in the world is to announce this to them and deliver this technology for them to use it against you lol.

It's not like you have a huge problem involving resources, available personnel and a list of millions of people demanding that their loved ones be brought back to life.

Actually, no. Data storage is explicitly not an issue and he's scanning anywhere on Earth at all times.
    When I search for something on Google I am scanning the entire internet but I am not downloading it to my computer.

The theoretical maximum of The Five according to House of X is 6000 people a day. According to what I have found on the internet, 178,000 people die every day. Doing simple math, if The Five started resurrecting everyone who died the day before, they would only be able to do it with 3% of the population that dies everyday, without counting people dead before that.

It is simply impossible for them. They would have to be working at maximum capacity all the time to lower global mortality by 3%.

You would achieve a better result by prohibiting alcohol and tobacco.

But that's all stuff we already knew. It's always been a case of wont rather than can't, we already saw that with Wanda who was resurrected as a human.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Of course.

After all, if you have a way to prevent your people from being killed by your enemies or giant killer machines, the most natural thing in the world is to announce this to them and deliver this technology for them to use it against you lol.

It's not like you have a huge problem involving resources, available personnel and a list of millions of people demanding that their loved ones be brought back to life.
    Krakoa literally has fourth dimensional resources, and tons of reality warpers and time travelers. And, y'know, they could just add them to the list.

When I search for something on Google I am scanning the entire internet but I am not downloading it to my computer.

The theoretical maximum of The Five according to House of X is 6000 people a day. According to what I have found on the internet, 178,000 people die every day. Doing simple math, if The Five started resurrecting everyone who died the day before, they would only be able to do it with 3% of the population that dies everyday, without counting people dead before that.

It is simply impossible for them. They would have to be working at maximum capacity all the time to lower global mortality by 3%.

You would achieve a better result by prohibiting alcohol and tobacco.
    They're literally immortal now. They have all the time in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    But that's all stuff we already knew. It's always been a case of wont rather than can't, we already saw that with Wanda who was resurrected as a human.
    Well, people are already speculating on her being mutant after all.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I dunno, we're supposed to believe Sinister has the DNA of apparently every single mutant since the 70s, him having human DNA isnt that much of a reach.
    I thought he only had that DNA because Xavier and Magneto provided it.

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    I thought he only had that DNA because Xavier and Magneto provided it.
    The reverse. The whole point of him being on the council was because he had the DNA.