Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    When last I checked Cap wasn't representing a minority group.
    Wrong, cis-het etc white men are the most oppressed minority on the planet. A comic book movies review YouTuber told me.

Astonishing Member

The only difference between Cap and Cyclops is Cap lacks the ever precious X-gene.

He should really talk to Sinister about getting on so this community might finally accept him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Even if it was viable why in the would Krakoa and it's powers that be even consider reviving a bunch of random, hateful humans or greedy elite humans.

They have nothing to gain by wasting the time, labor and resources as well as nothing to lose because humans will hate them regardless.
    Who is advocating for this again? When people have brought it up, when asked they outright said that either they shouldn’t, or it’s hypocritical to bring back people like Sinister and Apocalypse and suddenly have morals when it comes to “Flatscans”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ultramega1 View Post
    moira is already on life 11
    Nope. Nope.

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

Wow! I always thought rationing life saving medical care based solely on race would be a pretty spicy take both in the real world and in art. I am completely shocked this is a serious argument offered by anyone but villains, even in the land of make believe.
    I'm not totally useless. I can always be used as a bad example...

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysian_Thracs View Post
    But is that really ‘winning’? I agree that Chuckles has always been full of ****, but the theme of X-men has always been very clear that there is exactly one endgame ‘win’. His dream of co-existence. And we will never get there because that is the Happily Ever After. It is the end of the story. X-Men is about the struggle, and that's what I love. It's the struggle that makes them so noble. Being a hero is easy when it's all power and glory with no downside or consequences. It's harder for mutants, and it's supposed to be.

Krakoa takes us further from that happy ending, not closer. And it doesn’t really help mutants on the survival front either. Humanity hates them now more than ever. Sentinel production will expand. Attacks will continue. The difference is that flatscans are right this time. Mutants are everything they always feared and hated and were jealous of. Magento won, not Chuckles. The mutants set up an ethnostate, engage in economic colonialism, send illegal paramilitary teams into sovereign nations, assassinate flatscans who oppose them....

But part of the fanbase thinks, ‘Hey. It’s alright. I like the mutants. They're like me, so its all good whatever evil villainous **** they do.’

I really don’t get it. This is very clearly a false Utopia, or at least was initially designed to be one. It doesn’t fit the themes or even logically what X-men are supposed to be. And it makes our heroes lesser. It tarnishes them in a fundamental way.

This is exactly my thought process, too. But I'll add that the good mutants (X-Men) had to make so many compromises to get this post-scarcity ethnostate that only benefits themselves that they are not only not the 'loveable losers' they've always been. They are the outright bad guys now. Any time you have literal Nazis and race supremacists controlling your society…and the supposed heroes keep voting with them to do Nazi stuff…you have lost your way!

You're right it can't be used on EVERYONE. But it can be used on SOMEONE. They choose not to based on what is functionally race. This is an allegory for a white ethnostate (say Rhodesia) discovering resurrection and then only use it for other white people. And this isn’t the bad guys arguing for such a racist policy. It’s not just Sinister and Shaw. (Hell, Shaw would make open to anyone who can pay.) Everyone on the QC--hero and villain alike--voted for this. These are not the good guys anymore!

And mutants outright lied about being able to bring back humans several times. I particularly hope that Clea comes back and has something to say to the White Witch.

This is a strawman argument. not all humans hate mutants. And some who do have never lifted a finger to hurt them. Do they deserve eternal death because they were ignorant?

And even if they did, you can't be a good guy without actually being good. At best, you can only be less evil than the people you're fighting. (Which can make for good stories, but that has NEVER been the X-men's story.)

Here's a thought exercise. (Assumed premise: mutants can get cancer, because I know of nothing that says they can't.) A 4yr old mutant dies of an inoperable glioblastoma brain tumor at Genosha Memorial Children's Hospital on Krakoa. At the same time, a 4 yr old flatscan dies of an inoperable glioblastoma brain tumor at Cornell Wiell in NYC. Explain to me why one gets resurrected and the other doesn't without sounding like Hitler.

Don't call it a 'free handout'. Call it 'foreign aid'. You know, the way I pay a tax rate of 40% to send hundreds of billions of dollars to foreign countries that aren't as well off as America. (Or the ones that hire my President's son to no show energy jobs, but that's a different forum...)

Is foreign aid something you oppose, as well?
    Last I checked we don't send foreign aid to countries that brazenly murder Americans with no repercussions. We still talking about 9/11 like it took us all out but mutants at one point only had 98 left but they are suppose to want to bring back those who kill them
    I mean let's get serious here. Lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Last I checked we don't send foreign aid to countries that brazenly murder Americans with no repercussions. We still talking about 9/11 like it took us all out but mutants at one point only had 98 left but they are suppose to want to bring back those who kill them
    I mean let's get serious here. Lol
    We also don’t regularly act like everyone in those countries is personally responsible for it, or in the case of Xorn, advocate throwing them in death ovens.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    We also don’t regularly act like everyone in those countries is personally responsible for it, or in the case of Xorn, advocate throwing them in death ovens.
    No, you just bomb them with drones to kill terrorist without caring if there are children in the same building.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Actually a lot of people did. 9/11 was hard on ALL muslims not just those flying the planes. Also mutants don't act like all humans are responsible thus the kill no man law. But humans shouldn't have the hubris to demand a claim on someone elses resources especially when they are offering nothing in return. Are we suppose to think of the humans of the mu as inept leeches?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

What even is this thread at this point, lmao. Jfc..
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysian_Thracs View Post
    Wow! I always thought rationing life saving medical care based solely on race would be a pretty spicy take both in the real world and in art. I am completely shocked this is a serious argument offered by anyone but villains, even in the land of make believe.
    Not quite that spicy. This is a thing countries don’t, admittedly with things that aren’t resurrection.

It’s also not quite the Wakandan cure for cancer at least, low as a bar that is to clear. I wouldn’t be pushing against this attitude so much if I wasn’t just tired of seeing posts that would look really interesting if you replaced the word flatscan with any actual real life ethnicity

Actually a lot of people did. 9/11 was hard on ALL muslims not just those flying the planes. Also mutants don't act like all humans are responsible thus the kill no man law. But humans shouldn't have the hubris to demand a claim on someone elses resources especially when they are offering nothing in return. Are we suppose to think of the humans of the mu as inept leeches?
    Oh Gods, something else to trigger them. Why, jwat! Why!!!
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Astonishing Member

Yeah, guess what, it’s being hard on all the Muslims was a bad thing ffs. Emulating that attitude is not a good thing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Because even in fan discussions, it’s all about that sweet, sweet race war now. Thank you so much Marvel for priming this the last twenty years over movie rights. Good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    cause i'm really trying to find out. these mu humans coming off as beggars. Like they are offering nothing in return but somehow have a right to another persons resources just because they feel they are entitled. that makes no sense. That's like me walking up to saithor, getting in his car, and just driving off and beling like "thanks for the aid"
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.