Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Sinister infers in Immortal after the whole Club Sinister thing that he's tried killing a Moira as a reset already for Judgement Day and clearly that **** hasn't worked
    Yeah he said something like "Maybe I'll survive Judgment Day this time".
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I mean they have no problem with resurrecting their monsters like Nova, Sinister, Exodus, Apocalypse, Fenris, and any other number of supervillains including several literal Nazis that know have roles in Krakoas government. Drawing lines in the sand based on morality is a bit fucking too little too late.
    doesn't have to be moral could be they just don't want to. if i use my resources or my gifts that are shunned by others to help my community the only moral judgement is if you have a problem with it when it essentially has nothing to do with you. Humans let red skull rule the world practically, leave doctor doom to do whatever he wants, and cheered on eternals for no other reason than thinking they were going to make mutants pay and so on and so forth. No one has a claim on what or who anyone uses their gifts or talents on or for but the person they belong to.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    When was this? Which issue? He had no problem escaping cosmic Exodus and Phoenix with it. He wanted to do kill a Moira without letting on to the council that he has that ability and is playing a game with destiny. In the Emma spotlight issue he goes with Destiny's words and doesn't run by resetting the timeline
    When he gets caught and runs away he says "maybe we'll get past Judgement Day this time", implying either he (or I guess the Celestial) killed a Moira and reset the timeline

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Yeah he said something like "Maybe I'll survive Judgment Day this time".
    I still have in my head the throwaway comment from Xavier to Forge...something like, 'What about Project Blackbox?'

My thinking is if there is a reset (and I really hope there is instead of a handwaved Legion putting everything back with no effort or this all being the Celestial's illusionary test and meaning nothing!), it will include some way to transfer knowledge the mucks up Sinister's plan. It could even be the mutant Black Box, who had the power to restore data, I think????
    I'm not totally useless. I can always be used as a bad example...

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    We know that the limit is 6,000 people a day, that's of course one person every 14.4 seconds without no breaks (They probably rest and sleep so they actually take less time in each resurrection) . With Nightcrawler they probably already had the husk done before because it was a suicide mission so you can lower it even more in this case.

And even with these numbers they would need to multiply their current capacity by 33 to resurrect all the people who die each day, not counting of course all the people who have died before.

At this current rate they will need between 5 and 7 years to resurrect all of Genosha. It's not "narrative thing" is maths.

Im pretty sure the 6000 mutants a day is like a theoretical peak performance of the 5. They arent resurrecting mutants nonstop, and the islands population hasnt grown much in the year

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Im pretty sure the 6000 mutants a day is like a theoretical peak performance of the 5. They arent resurrecting mutants nonstop, and the islands population hasnt grown much in the year
    Yeah, that's the theoretical limit, actually it's even less. It was just to expose the "Best possible scenario".

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    Selene can and has offered to resurrect Genosha, and they don't need to resurrect every human that dies just the ones killed by mutants.
    Even if mutants made that arbitrary rule, humans would still be mad. For example that one lady in Judgement Day (sorry forgot her name) who was upset because her daughter died and wasn't resurrected. The minute they start resurrecting humans the floodgates are open and billions will feel entitled to resurrection because death f*king sucks.

A lot of folks have pointed out ways that mutants can and should make resurrection more efficient and effective, and I think they're good arguments but the fact of the matter is that mutants simply haven't done that yet. I think if mutants reached a point where they revived all their genocide victims and found a much better (and frankly less vulnerable) way of doing resurrections than it absolutely makes sense to *start* a conversation about bringing back humans.

I say *start* a conversation because even if they find duplicate versions of the Five and get a bunch of telepaths on the case scanning humans at all times, AND collect everyone's DNA this still seems like a very limited resource. That limited resource is struggling to support the tiny sub-population of mutants (before X-Factor they didn't even have somebody confirming deaths)and would currently break if immediately expanded to account for the entire human population.

Once expanded to the human population, how do they decide who gets resurrected and when? Is it a lottery system? Do people have to pay for this service (which brings up tons of equity issues)? Now they have the burden of figuring out and managing this incredibly complex system on top of supporting a nation that's not even 2-years old and is already showing huge cracks?

So no... I don't think it's black and white of "mutants are horrible for not immediately sharing resurrection." I think that if 10 years passed, mutants had perfected resurrection, and found a solution to also resurrecting billions of humans and THEN didn't share it they'd be pretty shitty (but that simply isn't the case).

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysian_Thracs View Post
    I still have in my head the throwaway comment from Xavier to Forge...something like, 'What about Project Blackbox?'

My thinking is if there is a reset (and I really hope there is instead of a handwaved Legion putting everything back with no effort or this all being the Celestial's illusionary test and meaning nothing!), it will include some way to transfer knowledge the mucks up Sinister's plan. It could even be the mutant Black Box, who had the power to restore data, I think????
    You're exactly right, he could "psychically retrieve, interpret, and store data." Very interesting.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Garab...ur_(Earth-616)
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

My question would be: Why now, is it only the responsibility of the mutants to resurrect humans?
    A lot of humans have died under the Avengers' watch, the Eternals, Daredevil, Black Panther, F4...and everyone accepts those losses/deaths as "collateral" so no one is banging down F4 Tower or Stark Industries or protesting outside Wakanda to resurrect the dearly departed.

As far as I'm concerned the mutants can just tell the humans "We're not resurrecting anyone of you because you don't deserve that gift. Fact of the matter is, whether we give it you freely, as we did the drugs...or not...you would still hate all of us and want us gone from this planet and from your existence. You don't deserve this gift. So no. Ask your friends the Eternals and Celestials to help you out because they can also resurrect humans. Have a good day."
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I mean when you compare the atrocities committed by and against Mutants the numbers are about even. Hell they're buddy buddy with fucking Nova, Apocalypse, Sinister, and Fenris now so where exactly is the Krakoan moral high ground?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

If it wasn't in part for the same mutants they've hated throughout their existence the Earth and all humans/humanity would either be invaded, enslaved or obliterated many times over.

Even now, a Celestial Zombie God is trying to obliterate ALL of humanity And those same mutants are still doing everything to protect them with their lives.

That's your "moral high ground" right there.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

And Mutants have put the world into danger just as many times. Many of them now run Krakoa.

**** the biggest thing they blame humans for, Genosha, was caused by a mutant they now work alongside
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 09-22-2022 at 09:38 AM.

Plus, saving the world is more an act of self preservation, like, even super villains will step up for that.
    They're hardly "moral high ground" scenarios.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Yeah for heroes "not letting the planet be destroyed" is kinda the bare minimum

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Plus, saving the world is more an act of self preservation, like, even super villains will step up for that.
    They're hardly "moral high ground" scenarios.
    Hell, looking at the splash page of those going to confront the Progenitor, Doom is right there alongside the heroes, something that also happened back during Remender’s Uncanny Avengers run when Earth was going to be destroyed by a Celestial.