Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysian_Thracs View Post
    I still have in my head the throwaway comment from Xavier to Forge...something like, 'What about Project Blackbox?'

My thinking is if there is a reset (and I really hope there is instead of a handwaved Legion putting everything back with no effort or this all being the Celestial's illusionary test and meaning nothing!), it will include some way to transfer knowledge the mucks up Sinister's plan. It could even be the mutant Black Box, who had the power to restore data, I think????
    I suspect Project Black Box is going to be storing Cerebro's information in black holes so they can resist Moira resets like the Dominions do.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Plus, saving the world is more an act of self preservation, like, even super villains will step up for that.
    They're hardly "moral high ground" scenarios.
    The MHG there is...despite the hatred you have for us and continue to feel even now as the world is literally burning and being destroyed, we're still here dying and trying to save your hateful, wretched racist asses...because that's what we X-Men do and have always done.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    My question would be: Why now, is it only the responsibility of the mutants to resurrect humans?
    A lot of humans have died under the Avengers' watch, the Eternals, Daredevil, Black Panther, F4...and everyone accepts those losses/deaths as "collateral" so no one is banging down F4 Tower or Stark Industries or protesting outside Wakanda to resurrect the dearly departed.

As far as I'm concerned the mutants can just tell the humans "We're not resurrecting anyone of you because you don't deserve that gift. Fact of the matter is, whether we give it you freely, as we did the drugs...or not...you would still hate all of us and want us gone from this planet and from your existence. You don't deserve this gift. So no. Ask your friends the Eternals and Celestials to help you out because they can also resurrect humans. Have a good day."
    Eternals can resurrect humans?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

They have their own "resurrection protocols" like mutants, for themselves...I'm sure they can tinkle with it to include humans (as the mutants did).
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    They have their own "resurrection protocols" like mutants, for themselves...I'm sure they can tinkle with it to include humans (as the mutants did).
    I don't know about that. The last time they tried to tinker with the machine to change the resurrection protocols, the earth came about five seconds from imploding. Eternals have absolutely no control over their own resurrection or the way it happens. They can't stop it. They can't change it, and they can't opt out. It's a much less 'free' experience than what the mutants have going on. There's no free will involved with the Eternals.

Quote Originally Posted by Jv565 View Post
    I don't know about that. The last time they tried to tinker with the machine to change the resurrection protocols, the earth came about five seconds from imploding. Eternals have absolutely no control over their own resurrection or the way it happens. They can't stop it. They can't change it, and they can't opt out. It's a much less 'free' experience than what the mutants have going on. There's no free will involved with the Eternals.
    Eternals can't do it, a Celestial can.

There is a Celestial in this event supercharged with energy from being newly born.

I suspect they are going to do exactly that but the resurrection engines are going to "burn out" after resurrecting all the humans killed in the event.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Eternals can't do it, a Celestial can.

There is a Celestial in this event supercharged with energy from being newly born.

I suspect they are going to do exactly that but the resurrection engines are going to "burn out" after resurrecting all the humans killed in the event.
    I actually really like that. The idea of Eternals suddenly not being so eternal is something I find pretty interesting.

This isnt a new revelation. Every former mutant that is brought back is a baseline human

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    This isnt a new revelation. Every former mutant that is brought back is a baseline human
    Honestly can we just have the clip from the animated series of Master Mold saying humans are mutants and mutants are humans on repeat ever ten posts in threads like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yeah I really don't get why it's throwing so many people off. There's no reason to have ever believed it only works for mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Honestly can we just have the clip from the animated series of Master Mold saying humans are mutants and mutants are humans on repeat ever ten posts in threads like this?
    We’d need to apply that clip to basically everything in the X-boards and send it to Marvel since they’re the ones who push that whole thing of mutants being a separate species.

Yeah, this pretty much sums up my feelings about this discussion.

This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Yeah, this pretty much sums up my feelings about this discussion.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Yeah I really don't get why it's throwing so many people off. There's no reason to have ever believed it only works for mutants.
    THe reason I wanted to believe that was that I hoped the X-Men not to racial supremacists.

People who value the racists, the murderers and the rapist of what they percieve has their own "community" over any people from the other community are the most morally banrkupt disguting bigots I can imagine.
    Now I have to imagine that Xavier could have made a safe for Sharon Friedlander for instance but made the decision to go all "fuck that inferior race, I'm going to make a safe for rapist Empath and murderer Frenzy instead".

It's disgusting how the X-books have become for some readers a mean to be racist by proxy and to feel good about it.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Lol!

I'm sorry I just cannot bring myself to see this as a serious conversation that seems to be getting people really umm, prickly. Perhaps seeking professional help to uncover what's actually setting them off?

Like goddamn, Where's Reed Richards and Tony Stark searching for a cure for Death? Why is it that after everything Mutants have gone through they gotta turn around and kiss Flatscans on the ass cheek? The same flatscans who would cheer at the thought of a Mutant being beaten in the streets of New York. And yeah I'm sure there are good flatscans in the bunch but well, just like how humans treat mutants, the good has to suffer for the bad. And in this case suffering just happens to mean dying. Xavier gave them meds that extended their lifespans to (as far as I know) an unspecified degree.

That mom who was crying about wanting her daughter back was a nice different PoV for humans but on the flip side I think of shit like:

The dream Xavier had is deader than a flatscan.

Srry bout it.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation