Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

You know what I'd like to see with the painting? Hellion. But also, I want the picture to be Kurt, as is. Just a plain picture that has no special meaning, no image of a higher power influencing him, no friends or family to surround himself with. Kurt could interpret Zsen's message as "Look, there's no higher power. You're responsible for everything you've done and you're all alone." But unknown to them, the real message is that Kurt has all that he needs within himself, or some hippie crack about self-esteem.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post

Besides that i just don't think he likes kurt. I just kept trying to figure out wtf it mattered he was named after a worm. I mean time after time and i just KNOW that photo of him most likely looks exactly like that belasco looking demon thingy on the leaked solicit.
    I don’t get the need too keep calling him a worm either, is it meant to be funny? Because it just once again, comes off as mean spirited.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    You know what I'd like to see with the painting? Hellion. But also, I want the picture to be Kurt, as is. Just a plain picture that has no special meaning, no image of a higher power influencing him, no friends or family to surround himself with. Kurt could interpret Zsen's message as "Look, there's no higher power. You're responsible for everything you've done and you're all alone." But unknown to them, the real message is that Kurt has all that he needs within himself, or some hippie crack about self-esteem.
    Don’t get my hopes up

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I rather saw Elias Bogan got the role Switch had in this. For Bogan it would have made a bit of sense, not for such a minor player as Switch.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Incredible Member

Probably just me but I found parts of this issue quite hard to follow. Also not sure why they’ve put a writer on a series featuring Nightcrawler when he seems to have such a condescending attitude towards the character. Everyone in it appears to be treating Kurt as if he’s a child who must be protected from bad things at all costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    I don’t get the need too keep calling him a worm either, is it meant to be funny? Because it just once again, comes off as mean spirited.

Don’t get my hopes up
    I'm pretty sure it's totally meant as an insult. The Arraki's mutant names seem to have a big cultural meaning. I can see why they would be annoyed by someone with Kurt's gifts calling himself a worm.

I think I'm the only one to like Spurrier's Kurt. Not the best one sure and I agree he could be more active, but I like it.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Too many characters.
    Bad mystery plot with a bad resolution.
    At least Switch is dead.

Should I even come back issue #6? Geez.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

This was a decent resolution to the first arc. Ora Serrata is such a cop. I'm really liking Mother R and it was good to get a little insight into her this issue, but I'm going to need some more revelations about her motivations and origins soon before it gets frustrating. So Banshee has been fused with a new kind of Spirit of not Vengence, I'm fine with that for an arc or two, but it shouldn't be permanent. Pixie and Blindfold got some good moments, I appreciate that. Zsen was mvp this issue, I agree with her enacting her plan without letting Kurt know because he almost certainly wouldn't have allowed it. Not sure how people are getting "coddling" from that, but at this point I find I enjoy the book a lot more if I just ignore the noise from the hardcore Kurt fans. Zsen not staying with Kurt because she isn't mentally in a place where she can allow herself to be at peace was a nice meaningful moment. I'm looking forward to seeing what really happened with Legion, Uranos, and the Arakki next issue, I wish the timing had lined up better.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    Probably just me but I found parts of this issue quite hard to follow.
    Same here. It felt like I’d missed an issue or two honestly.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

I loved the issue as usual. I think Spurrier's Kurt is great and I also like the wordy dialogue in this. Szen is a great character and Mother Righteous is getting me worried about Sean.

Incredible Member

I've quite enjoyed the whole of this first arc.

Nice thread title by the way.

Astonishing Member

I think the book just split it’s focus too much. It happens. I’m wondering if Ewing had any influence since this and Red are the only books really dealing with Arrako.