Spectacular Member

Default X-Men Legends #2 Delivers an excellent backstory as promised (Spoilers inside)

While the first issue of X-Men Legends laid down the plot elements and established the story (and had mixed results from critics), this issue pulled it all together and the story twisted and turned into an awesome adventure that tied all the pieces even those established in Captain America #174. Only a master of classic continuity like Roy Thomas could do this in such a way with a surprise revealing on how Wolverine got his "pointy" mask. That was really cool and worth every penny I paid for the issue. And why Logan needed the mask to begin with was great as he sliced up the Living Diamond in such a vicious way. I loved every minute of reading this issue. Wolverine even had some great dialogue at the end when arguing with Colonel Bernardo that made me laugh out loud. It flowed so nicely into GS X-Men #1 that I also had to read it directly after.

Everyone should do it, go read HULK #180, 181 and the first 3 pages of HULK #182, then X-Men Legends #1 and 2, and then GS X-Men #1, it's so smooth.

I suggest everyone should go check out X-Men Legends #1 and 2 because you won't be disappointed! A classic yarn that delivers as promised and shows why Roy Thomas (Wolverine and Living Diamond's co-creator and almost 82 years young) is still a master of the art form.

My only question is if X-Men Legends #2 will become a spec issue, so I suggest purchasing more than one

5 out of 5 Adamantium claws!

5.jpg

6.jpg

4.jpg
    Last edited by Bob Probert; 09-21-2022 at 03:27 PM.

Ha! The birth of the pointed mask. I love it.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Ha! The birth of the pointed mask. I love it.
    That’s pretty funny. I like it as well.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Spectacular Member

Last page has Wolverine ruthless as hell but with a sense of humor. Roy Thomas writes his character the way he should always be written.

7.jpg

Incredible Member

Funnily enough, this issue does break canon with the Avengers lore, which showed Beast as having been fired by the Brand Corporation long before he got captured by the Secret Empire - which broke Captain America lore since he got captured by them there.

Spectacular Member

It was a fun read.

Spectacular Member

I think it's funny how this comic keeps chugging along.

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-legends-so...ry-roy-thomas/

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Probert View Post
    I think it's funny how this comic keeps chugging along.

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-legends-so...ry-roy-thomas/
    I appreciate your love for the series, truly. Thanks for posting the articles!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!