Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

and what's to say their powers don't compliment each other other than lack of imagination. in this setting of circuits and the like one could in theory come up with the idea that combining the powers of boom boom, dazzler, jubilee, wolverine combine to create a healing light circuit thus reverting vampires in a mile radius back to human rather than killing them. I mean imagination.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Which is kind of the problem, because she doesn't. Neither personality nor power sets, unless the Unipower is coming back at some point.
    You didn't get what I've written. I wonder what role is she going to have, how did she end up being there, it's better that she doesn't have similar powers or personality. She will be like that one straight guy among gays or the gothic chick among cheerleads. And that's cool, I have faith in Leahs writing.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    and what's to say their powers don't compliment each other other than lack of imagination. in this setting of circuits and the like one could in theory come up with the idea that combining the powers of boom boom, dazzler, jubilee, wolverine combine to create a healing light circuit thus reverting vampires in a mile radius back to human rather than killing them. I mean imagination.
    Woah, that's a great idea! Now I want to see it in comics!

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Might have been more fun if it were Hellion, Anole, Indra and Sunspot
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I guess it's supposed to be mindless fun like All-Out Avengers. There was a bit of setup but in the end this was the better book especially in the art department.
    "Cable was right!"

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Why is that a problem? I don't feel like teams have to have complimentary power sets as a rule, and this isn't really a team.

I bought this for the cast but didn't really like it. I can see what Williams was going for but it didn't get there for me, the dialogue felt forced and the whole thing wasn't campy enough to hit. I did like that Jubilee was written like an actual adult and not a teenager or teen mother for once. I'll keep buying it for the cast, hopefully the dialogue improves. You can write bitchy-shady-friendly without sounding fake edgy.
    I don't think it's so much the power set as the attitude/personality. Laura isn't a ditzy, happy-go-lucky, or even very fun to be around most of the time. She's usually dour, brooding, and only enjoying herself when she's hurting bad guys. (At the very least she is introspective and contemplative; certainly not very outgoing in most portrayals.) I can see them all being friends/friendly from their past experiences together. But she isn't someone I could see the three of them calling when they want to cheer someone up.

Which makes sense why she wasn't in it from the beginning. I'm very interested how she ended up at where the other three are, and I hope really this doesn't turn into Laura saving the damsels in distress/overshadowing the other three. Laura gets the spotlight so much, and the other three of them can wreck **** up on their own. GIVE JUBES, DAZZ, AND BIMBO--ERR, BOOM BOOM-- THEIR MOMENT IN THE SUN, DAMN IT!

(And that isn't an insult. Boom Boom is my new ship with Hellion after this issue. Didn't he save her during Legacy Virus terrorist attack? It COULD happen...lol)
    I'm not totally useless. I can always be used as a bad example...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysian_Thracs View Post
    I don't think it's so much the power set as the attitude/personality. Laura isn't a ditzy, happy-go-lucky, or even very fun to be around most of the time. She's usually dour, brooding, and only enjoying herself when she's hurting bad guys. (At the very least she is introspective and contemplative; certainly not very outgoing in most portrayals.) I can see them all being friends/friendly from their past experiences together. But she isn't someone I could see the three of them calling when they want to cheer someone up.

Which makes sense why she wasn't in it from the beginning. I'm very interested how she ended up at where the other three are, and I hope really this doesn't turn into Laura saving the damsels in distress/overshadowing the other three. Laura gets the spotlight so much, and the other three of them can wreck **** up on their own. GIVE JUBES, DAZZ, AND BIMBO--ERR, BOOM BOOM-- THEIR MOMENT IN THE SUN, DAMN IT!

(And that isn't an insult. Boom Boom is my new ship with Hellion after this issue. Didn't he save her during Legacy Virus terrorist attack? It COULD happen...lol)
    I remember that Boom Boom was taken hostage by the Leper Queen at the same time Hellion and Surge were infected with the Legacy Virus just before Messiah War, but it was Laura who killed the Leper Queen and Saved Boom Boom when X-Force returned to the present.

This was a really fun first issue. Williams hasn’t been my jam during the Krakoa era, I thought X-Factor was boring and ToM had a good first issue but it plummeted after that. Hopefully this story stays just a fun violent adventure book.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah this was stupid but also gave me a chuckle. I read an interview where Leah said she needed an emotional palette cleanser after X-Factor and Trial of Magneto, and this definitely tracks. I'll definitely pick up the next issue.
    Same. Lots of fun. Love Boomer and Jubes together, and Dazzler rocks.

I remember that Boom Boom was taken hostage by the Leper Queen at the same time Hellion and Surge were infected with the Legacy Virus just before Messiah War, but it was Laura who killed the Leper Queen and Saved Boom Boom when X-Force returned to the present.
    Which was a very dope scene as I recall. May have to go back and re-read that X-Force run. It was really solid and the art was awesome.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member

Honestly I enjoyed this, it's goofy schlocky fun that feels like a breath of fresh air right now with all the Judgment Day material. Also hopefully is something easier to create than Trial of Magneto.

Astonishing Member

https://www.cbr.com/wolverine-x-term...ampaign=CBR-TW

Oh boy, Dracula son(last time we saw him in Aaron Avengers covered head to toe in military gear as the Shadow Colonel) who turned Jubilee before is in this series as a preview for issue 2 show him. Not a fan of Curse of the Mutants story but I do find this interesting and I have faith Leah can turn something lackluster in the past into something good here.
    Last edited by Rzerox21xx; 09-23-2022 at 09:05 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/wolverine-x-term...ampaign=CBR-TW

Oh boy, Dracula son(last time we saw him in Aaron Avengers covered head to toe in military gear as the Shadow Colonel) who turned Jubilee before is in this series as a preview for issue 2 show him. Not a fan of Curse of the Mutants story but I do find this interesting and I have faith Leah can turn something lackluster in the past into something good here.
    Laura's entire skeleton is now adamantium. How the hell is she getting an arm cut off halfway down her forearm?

Laura's entire skeleton is now adamantium. How the hell is she getting an arm cut off halfway down her forearm?
    Maybe she had it ripped out?

I mean I'd do it if I were her, it makes you sink like a stone in one of the only things that could easily kill you and it will eventually kill you with Adamantium poisoning.
    Last edited by Nazrel; 09-23-2022 at 09:18 AM.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Astonishing Member

Or. It was a stupid change to make up of a editorial mistake and is gone, forever.

Sigh. Even double sigh at this issue.

There is nothing wrong with it but there also very little right with it.

If I where to guess I would say that this is the first comic I have read where it’s all subjective.

The art is to cheesecake. Allison’s face looks wrong and too young.

Boom Boom grates me more then she entertains me.

Jubes has woken up on the wrong side of bed and that is that.

Allison is just a character that has never clicked for me.

Laura is hardly in this issue.

I don’t like Robert Rodrigues movies in general. Grindhouse/Death proof was a chore for me to get through. Never again!

So as much as I want to pick up the next issue, if nothing else then for Laura, I am finding it hard to do it.

Hey, is that Xarus?

Jubes may want a word…
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.