Default DCeased: War of the undead gods #2 Spoilers/Discussion

Fine, if I want to talk about zombie Darkseid then I guess I'm doing it myself. And yet the ultimate question will still allude; is Zombie Darkseid cooler then the Jurassic League dinosaur Darkseid?

Anyway, this is the last hooray of the DCeased universe if Taylor is to be believed and for his effort he's pulling out the stops with characters sitting on the sidelines getting involved, meaning the Green Lantern Corps. But because this is only issue 2 of 8 before we get to any endgame stuff Taylor is doing set up, and that means we basically get a lot of exposition from the remains of Brainiac and the Black Racer about the Anti-life equation. Basically Darkseid after infecting the New Gods, including the freaking Boom Tubes now Doom Tubes, is on a tear of the universe just killing everything. And this issue he's on Korugar which sets off the Sinestro Corps...which does not go well for a number of reasons. But hey if you are a Green Lantern fan Soranik, Kyle, and Guy feature heavily (don't expect Hal he died in the first series).

But yeah its a lot of set up and stakes raising before we get to the inevitable big end battle for the fate of the universe, so if you aren't up for this ride I don't know why you are here. After all, this is the fourth book in this series and so you're either having fun continuing or you remembered this book existed and you're peeking in to see what is going on.

Either, basically exposition is given, stakes are raised, and people die. And as someone who likes DCeased I'm down for it.

Oh by the way what happened that causes stakes to be raised.

spoilers:
    Darkseid slaughters the Sinestro Corps, and then proceeds to steal a ring from Sinestro and War world. That's right, we got a zombie darkseid utilizing a fear ring and having a deathstar. That's not counting New gods, deadly corrupted boom tubes, and Supergirl. Anti-life just getting stronger.
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Meh..I started out really enjoying DCeased but...now its pretty boring. Are you a super? You're dead. Are you a Wonder? You're useless. We introduce Supergirl? She's killed.

Mighty Member

This mess of a series is still going on?

Astonishing Member

Interested in other worlds. Lotta legacy heroes.

So this counts as another evil Supergirl, right?

Not really sure why Darkseid needs a Yellow Lantern ring.

Interesting thing someone pointed out to me, it says that Soranik and Kyle Rayner are married
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I've loved the first two issues. I didn't pick up all of the previous DCeased series but I've read enough to know the main story. I like the cosmic zombie plague concept here.

It was super cool to see the Black Racer save Barba. I'm hoping he shows up again as he really isn't used a lot and Death of the New Gods would be a perfect addition to this story. Considering that he's basically the cause of the corrupted Anti-Life Equation. Maybe he's the key to all this. Mother Box is now an Anti-Life zombie and able to corrupt the Boom Tubes, now Doom Tubes (I love it!) and all tech. That's pretty terrifying.

So zombie Darkseid got a Sinestro Corps. ring. yellow really isn't his color. I would like to see him also get a Red Lantern ring. He does seem quite filled with rage.
    Last edited by Robotman; 09-22-2022 at 01:38 PM.