Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default WB Wants To Make Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Movie

that didn't take long. WB trademarked the name rights also. Collider movie news is reporting that they want to make it a three film series! (like the hobbit was.)

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Why not make it a 20-part franchise? Or maybe make each page into a separate movie? The copyright page, acknowledgments and dust jacket could make good spinoff franchises.

With each passing day, I get just a little bit less interested in ever going to see any movie ever again.

BANNED

Longer than you would think of such news to come out. The plays been known about for a while know, and its had a name for over a year now. Wonder if they made a deal years ago beforehand, because it hasn't even opened Broadway, and Broadway can be huge business; would think a movie could maybe step on that business. Anyone know how well the play is doing in London?

I've read the script synopsis

That movie is terrible

And that movie will make 5 billion if there are 3 movies lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Why not make it a 20-part franchise? Or maybe make each page into a separate movie? The copyright page, acknowledgments and dust jacket could make good spinoff franchises.

With each passing day, I get just a little bit less interested in ever going to see any movie ever again.
    That would be worse than Harry Potter and the Magic Tent.

I haven't read the cursed child but I heard it sucks. But I would still see the movie only if some of the original cast came back.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I've read the script synopsis

That movie is terrible

And that movie will make 5 billion if there are 3 movies lol
    I thought the same thing about the story. It sounded like a hot mess to me when I read the basic outline of it.

The script is not by J.K. Rowling. Maybe that's why it sucked. Although the original story was co-written by her.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    I haven't read the cursed child but I heard it sucks. But I would still see the movie only if some of the original cast came back.
    I've read it. The story itself isn't that bad, but many of the character voices seem very off.

From what I've heard, JK Rowling is dead set against doing this story as anything other than a stage play and script.

I've read it. The story itself isn't that bad, but many of the character voices seem very off.

From what I've heard, JK Rowling is dead set against doing this story as anything other than a stage play and script.
    bleh, that story was garbage

spoilers:

stupid ass time turners, voldemort having a kids, stupid boring "woe is me my dad is famous" crap

bleh
    end of spoilers
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    It's not great, but it's salvageable. Give it 2 movies and it should be good

The book just made me shrug. It was a pretty fast read. If it wasn't I probably wouldn't have finished. I'd never bother to see the play, even if you gave me free tickets, and I certainly wouldn't go to see a movie version.

Having such a long time pass between the end of Deathly Hollows and The Cursed Child the characters should be different (especially since they'd then have time to deal with the fallout of the events of the DH. That flash forward at the end of DH did not let you know what those characters would really be like years later.) and I imagine that throws some people off since they have this self-made imagine of how things turned out. You saw a similar negative reaction once Rowling started releasing more info about the Wizarding World in relation to the Fantastic Beast film. Official details differed from what people imagined and some weren't happy that their made up ideas were so different. Let's be real here. Those characters saw some serious ish. They would not and could not be the same as before. That's in addition to how people in general change once they reach adulthood and start living their lives.
    Last edited by NeoStar9X; 09-01-2016 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoStar9X View Post
    Having such a long time pass between the end of Deathly Hollows and The Cursed Child the characters should be different (especially since they'd then have time to deal with the fallout of the events of the DH. That flash forward at the end of DH did not let you know what those characters would really be like years later.) and I imagine that throws some people off since they have this self-made imagine of how things turned out. You saw a similar negative reaction once Rowling started releasing more info about the Wizarding World in relation to the Fantastic Beast film. Official details differed from what people imagined and some weren't happy that their made up ideas were so different. Let's be real here. Those characters saw some serious ish. They would not and could not be the same as before. That's in addition to how people in general change once they reach adulthood and start living their lives.
    Without getting into spoilers, though, a significant part of the story takes place in the same time period as the original books... and the character voices and personalities are off there, too.

At least 50% of a play's impact comes from the actors' and director's interpretation, plus set design and costumes and music, etc., and can't be accurately conveyed in a simple text script. I imagine the play as staged works a lot better than the script. But I certainly understand why people read the script and say it feels like fanfic. It's definitely not the dialogue Rowling would have written.

BANNED

Without getting into spoilers, though, a significant part of the story takes place in the same time period as the original books... and the character voices and personalities are off there, too.

At least 50% of a play's impact comes from the actors' and director's interpretation, plus set design and costumes and music, etc., and can't be accurately conveyed in a simple text script. I imagine the play as staged works a lot better than the script. But I certainly understand why people read the script and say it feels like fanfic. It's definitely not the dialogue Rowling would have written.
    Heh. Scripts are meant to be performed, not read...they're only blueprints to what occurs on stage. And dialogue written for novels are going to be different than dialogue written for the stage.