Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Titans United: Bloodpact Looks Really Good

CBR previews Titans United: Bloodpact #1 by Cavan Scott and Lucas Meyer. And it looks really good.

I love the lineup, which is very similar to the Titans tv show (which isn't really all that great of a show IMO, but....). Anytime you get Nightwing, Donna Troy, Starfire, Beast Boy, Connor Kent, and Tim Drake together, I'm good.

The artwork by Meyer looks incredible. This is only a 6-part series, but if it's as great as this preview looks, hopefully it will become a regular series.

https://www.cbr.com/dc-titans-united...pact-1-review/

It's not going to be a regular series cause it's not cannon and it's made to advertise the show. But the first issue is out and it was all right. The art was great tho
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

There's nothing that really sets it outside of regular continuity (except that it's not current with the Crisis going on). It's only real connection to the tv series is the cast, but none of them are featured in their tv costumes, they aren't operating as per the TV grouping (and in this week's issue Brother Blood is wearing his New 52 suit even.) It could easily be added to current continuity which would be quite fine with me. We do need a regular ongoing Titans series and Cavan Scott has been doing a great job with the characterization, likewise the art on both has been beautiful with Lucas Meyer being phenomenal.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    There's nothing that really sets it outside of regular continuity (except that it's not current with the Crisis going on). It's only real connection to the tv series is the cast, but none of them are featured in their tv costumes, they aren't operating as per the TV grouping (and in this week's issue Brother Blood is wearing his New 52 suit even.) It could easily be added to current continuity which would be quite fine with me. We do need a regular ongoing Titans series and Cavan Scott has been doing a great job with the characterization, likewise the art on both has been beautiful with Lucas Meyer being phenomenal.
    It's not a coincidence that Brother Blood is in this mini series, cause he is the villain of the Show's next season. That's the intent of the book, to advertise the show and to bring in viewers interesting in comics.

While the Titans United was a good book and this one looks like is headed there, Cavan Scott is not the writer for the job of revitalizing the Titans brand. They need a bigger name to help the sales.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    It's not a coincidence that Brother Blood is in this mini series, cause he is the villain of the Show's next season. That's the intent of the book, to advertise the show and to bring in viewers interesting in comics.

While the Titans United was a good book and this one looks like is headed there, Cavan Scott is not the writer for the job of revitalizing the Titans brand. They need a bigger name to help the sales.
    Who would make a good fit as writer for Titans United? Dan Abnett's Titans Hunt was kind of interesting, but I felt it moved to slowly. Who else?

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Who would make a good fit as writer for Titans United? Dan Abnett's Titans Hunt was kind of interesting, but I felt it moved to slowly. Who else?
    Tom Taylor is a name that people, myself included, brings up when talking about the Titans.
    Mark Waid is writing a younger version of them right now in Batman\Superman, so he might be up for the job too.

What DC can not afford of doing is give the franchise to writer that, while competent, is not household name. They need a hit to bring the team back to promince. And what they should certanly avoid is to give the franchise for a newcomer without experience that can mess things up like Tim Sheridan did.

Astonishing Member

Not a fan of another Raven heel turn, but the first issue is solid.

Astonishing Member

The Superboy in this doesn't matchnwith Young Justice Superboy. Also the one in the previous Sucide Squad was another clone.

Some other differences too.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    The Superboy in this doesn't matchnwith Young Justice Superboy. Also the one in the previous Sucide Squad was another clone.

The Superboy in Titans Bloodpact is meant to be Kon.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Tom Taylor is a name that people, myself included, brings up when talking about the Titans.
    Mark Waid is writing a younger version of them right now in Batman\Superman, so he might be up for the job too.

What DC can not afford of doing is give the franchise to writer that, while competent, is not household name. They need a hit to bring the team back to promince. And what they should certanly avoid is to give the franchise for a newcomer without experience that can mess things up like Tim Sheridan did.

Sales are important ,but I want a good writer who writes stories us fans actually like and will praise,not just some big name writer who might give us a lame series and change the characters into something we fans don't recognize as them.

The YJDC kon is badly written and you shouldn't look at it as a place to get your view of who kon is.

The suicide squad kon was really Match ,who is now the superman for the crime syndicates earth.the real kon showed up for just the annual and was dressed like he is in the bendis YJ series
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    The Superboy in Titans Bloodpact is meant to be Kon.
    Its not the sam Kon from either recent YJ series.

Spectacular Member

I've enjoyed the prior series and this one as well. At least there are stakes.

I'd be happy for Taylor to move on from Nightwing and onto a Titans book....as long as someone else gets to continue a Nightwing series. Actually, I'd be happy if he had a Titans book with Starfire, Tim, Raven, Beast Boy and Jon....but leave Nightwing out

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Do you want a dream team? Hickman and Mora

Its not the sam Kon from either recent YJ series.

It might not be "the " kon,but it is a more enjoyable kon lol
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Do you want a dream team? Hickman and Mora
    I was holding out for Hickman to write Legion of Super Heroes one day.