Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    A big name on a book doesn't guarantee anything. Bendis on Legion? Bendis on Young Justice? yeah. However, if a book is good no matter if the creative team is known or not, people will start talking and orders will go up.
    Bendis has not been a big writer since the early 2010s. None of his DC books (not even JL or Superman) sold better than they would have under any other writer.

DC choosing him over Hickman, whose presence almost inmediately resurrected X-Men's sales, has to be one of the dumbest decisions they've made.
    Last edited by Reddead; 09-24-2022 at 12:11 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    I don't think it's a headscratcher that what basically amounted to a Titans cameo (for now) in World's Finest got more excitment than Titans Bloodpact. Some of it has to do with the good creative team WF has but I don't think that's all.

World's Finest has gotten good press for months.
    It's firmly set in continuity.
    Dick's characterization has been praised.
    The Titans are shown as a positive force. (Helping a new teen hero.)
    The Titans are going to deal with an external conflict according to solicitations.

Titans Bloodpact is tied to a TV Series that hasn't exactly gotten great reviews from comic readers.
    Raven is going evil again. (Making it an internal conflict that's been told before.)
    The writer already said Tim is the feature character with maybe Raven coming in close second.
    The first things the villains get to do is shittalk the Titans.
    Raven going evil IS a huge problem its cliche.

Tim getting focus isn't a problem and it would be odd not to focus on Raven since her actions kicked off the plot.

Villains shit talking the Titans isn't an issue, they're villains.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Who would make a good fit as writer for Titans United? Dan Abnett's Titans Hunt was kind of interesting, but I felt it moved to slowly. Who else?
    I'd honestly go with Kyle Higgins, if possible. He wrote an AU Nightwing series a while ago and really had a grasp on the characters.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Extraordinary Member

Went to the local comic shop today and bought the issue. I can count on one hand the number of comics I've bought in the last 15 years.

I bought the last one they had. Not sure if they didn't order enough or if it's a hot book in this area. I hope it's the latter.

Oh, and I loved the book. Great writing, great art, and great characterization IMO.