Extraordinary Member

Default Man Purse - which show did it better - Friends or Seinfeld?

Two great NBC Thursday night shows did episodes where a male character was given a bag or man-purse.

Friends ep 5.13 "The One With Joey's Bag - Rachel gives Joey a man's bag to use on an audition. Even though Chandler and Ross kid him about it, Joey falls in love with the bag and decides to keep it. (Rachel: 'it's unisex'. Joey: 'Maybe you need sex. I had sex two days ago'. Rachel: 'no, u-n-i sex'. Joey: 'not gonna say no to that'.)

Seinfeld ep 9.12 "The Reverse Peephole" - Elaine gives Jerry a man's bag. Jerry continues to tell people that 'it's European'. But when it's stolen and Jerry tries to describe it to the cops, he is forced to tell the confused policemen that 'yes, I carry a purse'.

Both hilarious episodes but who did it better? Or was this idea done better by another sitcom?
    Last edited by caj; 09-22-2022 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Two great NBC Thursday night shows did episodes where a male character was given a bag or man-purse.

Friends ep 5.13 "The One With Joey's Bag - Rachel gives Joey a man's bag to use on an audition. Even though Chandler and Ross kid him about it, Joey falls in love with the bag and decides to keep it. (Rachel: 'it's unisex'. Joey: 'Maybe you need sex. I had sex two days ago'. Rachel: 'no, u-n-i sex'. Joey: 'not gonna say no to that'.)

Seinfeld ep 9.12 "The Reverse Peephole" - Elaine gives Jerry a man's bag. Jerry continues to tell people that 'it's European'. But when it's stolen and Jerry tries to describe it to the cops, he is forced to tell the confused policemen that 'yes, I carry a purse'.

Both hilarious episodes but who did it better? Or was this idea done better by another sitcom?
    Neither All in the Family did it best with Mike's purse.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Neither All in the Family did it best with Mike's purse.
    I don't recall seeing that one, but with Archie Bunker in the mix, I'm sure it was hilarious.