Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default House of HARKNESS: Agatha Harkness Appreciation 2022

Who's that having a very late in life surge in popularity due to a charismatic portrayal in other media?
    It was AGATHA, ALL ALONG...

Last edited by Thirteen; 09-25-2022 at 11:29 PM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Thanks for starting this Agatha Harkness Appreciation thread, Thirteen!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Thanks for starting this Agatha Harkness Appreciation thread, Thirteen!
    SHE DESERVES IT!

Not sure how I feel about the Youthful Agatha flashback design for MIDNIGHT SUNS. As others have mentioned, she looks a bit more like an Eternal than a Witch (maybe she inspired the Eternals fashions!?), but also NO BROOCH! Unless maybe this will give us the origin of the brooch...

There's not much to make this redesign by Luigi Zagaria recognizable as Agatha Harkness vs it being a new character...
    Last edited by Thirteen; 09-22-2022 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    SHE DESERVES IT!

Not sure how I feel about the Youthful Agatha flashback design for MIDNIGHT SUNS. As others have mentioned, she looks a bit more like an Eternal than a Witch (maybe she inspired the Eternals fashions!?), but also NO BROOCH! Unless maybe this will give us the origin of the brooch...

There's not much to connect this to being Agatha Harkness vs it being a new character...
    She definitely does!

Yeah, I love the "OLD" Agatha, lol, and she should have blonde hair if really made young again.

But this new image with dark hair is quite attractive and may allow for Agatha to do battle with others since her age will not be a factor against it.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Niffleheim

I always here The Nanny theme tune playing in my head whenever I come across Harkness in comic or tv even before I start thinking about her being a witch. So The Nanny, the First of Her Name is a good title
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

After I watched Wandavision I did so much research on Agatha. I was so surprised to learn she was Franklin Richards nanny and Wanda's magical teacher in the comics. That's pretty cool. I wonder if she ever ran into Illyana and her dimension of limbo before?

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    After I watched Wandavision I did so much research on Agatha. I was so surprised to learn she was Franklin Richards nanny and Wanda's magical teacher in the comics. That's pretty cool. I wonder if she ever ran into Illyana and her dimension of limbo before?
    I enjoyed those old stories where Agatha was governess and magical teacher.

I've been stanning Agatha since Evolution. I think it was the first time I ever watched an elderly witch train an unstable teen witch to master her incredible powers. Completely ate that dynamic UP. Of course, the 00's were a rough decade for Wanda and Agatha felt the repercussions pretty immediately. Never really expected this level of surge in popularity both for her and Wanda.

I don't mind the younger Hahn-inspired look if it's something her older self can transform into and out of with the brooch like Melisandre did with her necklace on Game of Thrones. She could switch on young, smexy mode when she needs to do battle and then turn back to her old form when she's done.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I wonder if she ever ran into Illyana and her dimension of limbo before?
    Not one on one to my knowledge; but as someone at Wanda's thread showed, Illyana was at the trial of Carol Danvers which Agatha presided over. Also they could have interacted in Strange Academy.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Not one on one to my knowledge; but as someone at Wanda's thread showed, Illyana was at the trial of Carol Danvers which Agatha presided over. Also they could have interacted in Strange Academy.

Amora and Illyana in a comic together? I must read this. This looks like a magical trial, is Carol Danvers magic?

Anyway back to Agatha, I heard she was dead, so did she come back here for this court? Is that her ghost or did she magically revive herself? So many Agatha questions I have.

Amora and Illyana in a comic together? I must read this. This looks like a magical trial, is Carol Danvers magic?

Anyway back to Agatha, I heard she was dead, so did she come back here for this court? Is that her ghost or did she magically revive herself? So many Agatha questions I have.
    That would be Agatha presiding over the magical tribunal for Carol Danvers in CAPTAIN MARVEL #39. Carol's crime? Causing the death of Ove, the son of Enchantress (and another Marvel character that I won't spoil in case you go back and read the story) from a future timeline, in a previous storyline in the CAPTAIN MARVEL title.

I am unsure what Agatha's living/dead/whatever status is currently. She was seen in ghostly astral form in the SCARLET WITCH series by James Robinson et al. after her supposed death back when the Scarlet Witch went bonkers and caused HOUSE OF M alternate reality...but she got better, as they say...

Last edited by Thirteen; 09-23-2022 at 06:27 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Agatha was restored to life at the end of the Scarlet Witch series. No more being Casper the Friendly Ghost for her!

(Besides everyone knows that Vision and the Scarlet Witch are the Marvel equivalents of Casper and Wendy.)

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Cool Congratzs Agatha on the Thread~!!!

It was about time a Thread to Agatha Happen, Thanks Thirteen for being the one to finally make it a Reality!

Indeed, with the MCU push recently & After hearing at CT Terrificon 2022 from Marvel Editor in Chief CB Cebulski about the push they seem to want to be giving the Agatha in the comics, it only makes sense to give her a Spotlight Appreciation Thread like this for the Times her Character lives in now and well-earned ones I have to say finally!

Good on Agatha for Finally Achieving a Bigger & Well-Earned place in the sun & rising in Marvel Comics, she was always important, just now more of a majority of the world realizes it!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

An appreciation thread is long overdue. Nicely done Thirteen! Here's her first appearance in Fantastic Four #94

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-23-2022 at 09:26 AM.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    An appreciation thread is long overdue. Nicely done Thirteen! Here's her first appearance in Fantastic Four #94

Agatha Knows how to make in introduction, they knew what they where doing with her debut. She commands respect just by her presence & presentation alone, someone who has seem so much & knows so much she can give runarounds to Reed himself!

I knew you would not fail to share you well wise history Iron Maiden, Thank , I am glad you like the thread and as you said it was long overdue, this will be fun indeed!

I can only imagine thinking about it, FF #94 was likely always a pricey comic but after WandaVision & now Agatha’s rise with her debut how much it might have gone up thanks to her alone, it pretty cool if so. ;-)
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!