Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

You won't see Agatha in the "Prime of her Life" in the comics, because that is not the stories we have. But again, if you can read the old comics, you will see her and see her power!

Thinking of Agatha Harkness like a "magical Aunt May" is.....something else.

Nor is she a "golden girl". But Agatha did precede them by a few decades!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

If you want the story behind that panel where Agatha is a blonde youth, read the Silver Surfer arc beginning at Silver Surfer (1987) #134. She enters the story in the following issue.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Nice to know our old gal can hold her liquor from year and years and YEARS of built up tolerance. From the Scarlet Witch Appreciation sample of STRANGE #6 (martini drinker eh? unexpected):

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Strange 6 preview Wanda cameo
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    You won't see Agatha in the "Prime of her Life" in the comics, because that is not the stories we have. But again, if you can read the old comics, you will see her and see her power!

Thinking of Agatha Harkness like a "magical Aunt May" is.....something else.

Nor is she a "golden girl". But Agatha did precede them by a few decades!
    To me, AH looked a little bit like Aunt May sometimes. I mean one was magical, but still, I'm talking about strictly appearances. I like how Hahn changed perceptions of her character. Made her a little bit more funny and relatable. When it comes to the Golden Girls, Agatha is more Bea Arthur than Betty White!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I would agree with that!

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    That line about "Barnabas" refers to the main character of the supernatural soap opera "Dark Shadows," which was huge at the time.

I suspect the popularity of that show, with its vampires and witches, was behind Lee and/or Kirby's idea to introduce a witch character into the comic, though she didn't end up doing much, which is why Steve Englehart was able to borrow her and use her as Wanda's mentor in "Avengers."
    I used to come home from school and watch Dark Shadows! It ran with all the other daytime soaps of that era! The movies weren't so good IIRC.

I was just watching a rerun of Dark Shadows in the wee hours of the moring last week on the Decades channel!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    If you want the story behind that panel where Agatha is a blonde youth, read the Silver Surfer arc beginning at Silver Surfer (1987) #134. She enters the story in the following issue.

The Power of "Old" Agatha Harkness!

Don't mess with her!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Agatha does make a brief appearance in Midnight Suns #1 but more will come later I'm sure. Also featured in the issue was Doctor Doom. I don't think they have bet before....or have they?

She obviously know of Doom because she told Sue to seek his help against the Overmind in FF #116

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-25-2022 at 11:15 AM.

I just wish editorial would make up their mind. In Midnight Suns #1, she has her classic "old governess" look. But in last week's Strange #6, she had the more youthful look from the Robinson run of Scarlet Witch.

(Personally, I prefer the latter...)

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Agatha does make a brief appearance in Midnight Suns #1 but more will come later I'm sure. Also featured in the issue was Doctor Doom. I don't think they have bet before....or have they?

That is so Agatha. That's exactly how I imagine someone like her to be. Certainly reminds me of a real-life teacher I had.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    That is so Agatha. That's exactly how I imagine someone like her to be. Certainly reminds me of a real-life teacher I had.
    That panel alone gives me McGonnagal vibes.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    G.I. Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I just wish editorial would make up their mind. In Midnight Suns #1, she has her classic "old governess" look. But in last week's Strange #6, she had the more youthful look from the Robinson run of Scarlet Witch.

(Personally, I prefer the latter...)
    I tend to go with the original Jack Kirby look but then I am a bit old fashioned. Her look in the Scarlet Witch series was great too. She can probably change her appearance as was mentioned earlier.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-25-2022 at 09:57 PM.

Barnabas was incredibly popular. In the era before the internet the actor received at least 1,000 pieces of fan mail - a week.

Opinions and tastes may differ but the 2 spin off movies, especially the first House of Dark Shadows have far greater production values than the series ever had (and you know what I mean, with paper bats, etc!).
    House is a condensed version of Barnabas' original storyline, with differences (everyone dies!). Night of Dark Shadows is a bit of a different creature as the tale is mostly another version of one of those actual classic ghost stories, but MGM made them cut out 20 minutes of the run time, so there is some confusion.

I too ran home from school to watch Dark Shadows, and on one or two of the fan groups I am known as

The Keeper of the Legend of Sister Barnabas.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Since some people insist there has to be a price or cost to "magic",

Maybe the cost is not being young and beautiful?
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Default Announcing Next Marvel Untold Prose Novel 'Sisters of Sorcery'

Welcome to the Dark Dimension!

BY MARVEL

Late this year, enter the Dark Dimension to defeat a supernatural tyrant with four extraordinary sorceresses in Sisters of Sorcery by Marsheila Rockwell from Marvel and Aconyte Books.

The next prose novel from Marvel and Aconyte's MARVEL: UNTOLD line, Sisters of Sorcery, will take you deeper into the Dark Dimension in a brand-new exhilarating mystical adventure. This novel will be available everywhere books are sold on September 6, 2022.

Thanks to our friends over at Aconyte, we're excited to share the cover reveal with you, below!

This was announced in April but Marvel's Twitter account mentioned it today. Anyone ordered it already?
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post

WINNER: Most unflattering depiction of Agatha ever. Including when she was found dead (the second time)...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.