Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Default Amazing Spider-Man #10 Preview

https://www.cbr.com/spider-man-learn...ection-marvel/

So he's on the goods with Tony now?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/spider-man-learn...ection-marvel/

So he's on the goods with Tony now?
    So much for "being in the outs with everyone" thing just solved itself.

Off-panel.

"I have two kids who don't even know my name" - um, okay dude.

Don't we already know how Peter gets judged?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

When did that happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathangoop1811 View Post
    When did that happened?
    I think it's a joke to the kids MJ has with her is Peter's

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    So much for "being in the outs with everyone" thing just solved itself.

Off-panel.
    That, or Tony was OK with whatever Peter did.

Which would totally fit Tony, who's always on the outs with everyone just as much as Peter often is.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    That, or Tony was OK with whatever Peter did.

Which would totally fit Tony, who's always on the outs with everyone just as much as Peter often is.
    So if the MJ issue leaked early because people care to know about her and Pete stuff I wonder if this issue will be the same or just another meh issue that will be forgotten

Marvel really needs to get over Spider-Man's dead girlfriend when they have a highly marketable superhero who has the name Gwen Stacy.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Leaving aside people's frustrations with the mystery of Pete being on the outs with everyone, the pacing of this series has been terrible. We're just coming off of a belated Hellfire Gala crossover which is months behind that actual story to now do another tie-in to an event that is now one issue away from wrapping up. And yeah, the fact that everyone got "judged" in Issue #4, this really could have been a single panel there instead of an entire tie-in issue.

Add to that issue 6 was this giant stand-alone anniversary issue which also didn't build to anything but weirdly ended with Pete making out with Felecia as a birthday kiss which conflicts with the central story of him still being hung out over MJ and wanting to right whatever wrong he did to her off-screen.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

no all we know is that after this issue he fights with the other heroes and dies against the celestial
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Marvel really needs to get over Spider-Man's dead girlfriend when they have a highly marketable superhero who has the name Gwen Stacy.
    Serious Question: When 28-year old Peter sees a living Gwen in comics these days, does he see Gwen as the 18-year old she died as, or as the 28-year she would have been? It's hard to tell with the art.

If it's the former and not the latter... all the more reason for Marvel to stop doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Serious Question: When 28-year old Peter sees a living Gwen in comics these days, does he see Gwen as the 18-year old she died as, or as the 28-year she would have been? It's hard to tell with the art.

If it's the former and not the latter... all the more reason for Marvel to stop doing this.
    Peter got quietly deaged to his early twenties during Spencer's run, as per an MJ line.

But they should move on anyway. Gwen's death is dramatically spent as a central plot point.

Makes you wonder if we'll get Gwen judgment on her death or a vauge but no answers judgment on what he did six months ago

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post

Pretty much. The problem is that Marvel is currently and has been run by people, judging by their output in regard to Spider-Man, who are still sore over Gwen Stacy being dead instead of married to Peter and even sorer over Mary Jane Watson having been the one who got to marry Peter. That's all it is, really, a bunch of frustrated and disappointed shippers, but they've got actual power (or influence) over how the stories and characters unfold and develop, so they're venting that frustration and disappointment at not being able to get Gwen back.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Pretty much. The problem is that Marvel is currently and has been run by people, judging by their output in regard to Spider-Man, who are still sore over Gwen Stacy being dead instead of married to Peter and even sorer over Mary Jane Watson having been the one who got to marry Peter. That's all it is, really, a bunch of frustrated and disappointed shippers, but they've got actual power (or influence) over how the stories and characters unfold and develop, so they're venting that frustration and disappointment at not being able to get Gwen back.
    Well those in power actually had the chance to bring her back and they all said no. Plus there's no reason to bring her back because of a character that brings in moire money has replaced her