Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xwho View Post
    How and where did Nick Lowe alluded to kindred in the letter pages ?

please reply.
    A fan wrote in asking about Mysterio's appearances in ASM#900 and the Amazing Mary Jane series, Lowe responded by saying Mysterio had not been acting under his own power in recent issues, manipulated by forces such as Kindred etc, and that there will be more developments with him and Mary Jane very soon.

Astonishing Member

Someday there will be a writer on ASM who understands women aren't there to be given out as prizes to make poor Petey feel better (or to yanked away to make poor Petey feel sad, as in the case of ASM 9) but they instead exist as individuals in their own right: but that day is not today and that writer is not Zeb Wells.

That's three for three, Zeb, not well done.
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 09-28-2022 at 07:38 PM.

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    So spoilers:
    Norman already being teased to be evil again
    end of spoilers you'd think they'd wait longer to do it. Well it looks like things will be wrapping up quickly and the big mystery(s) will just be like throwaway things to get an uneven and oddly paced resolution
    To me it looked like he was shocked to see Gwen, and surely was next to be judged. I suspect if he was "unworthy" he would already be a pile of ash lol.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    To me it looked like he was shocked to see Gwen, and surely was next to be judged. I suspect if he was "unworthy" he would already be a pile of ash lol.
    It seemed more like his other personality was teased and with it being this early and the mini upcoming it's a lot of wasted potential with a good Norman that's being thrown away soon

You know this issue is a dud when people here are barely talking about it.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Mostly because it was surprisingly not as terrible as it could have been. I'd say more underwhelming than anything else.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

Even debbie downers have to rest sometimes. I'm sure the board will be in rare form soon!

Astonishing Member

What is there to talk about? Gwen is brought back from the dead to make Peter sad for the 3208347284072th time? Norman Osborn, who is currently just your garden variety everyday evil as a billionaire industrialist, is hinted to go supervillain evil for the 375087180275082th time? Peter acts morose and depressed like he has done throughout Wells’s run? Wells’s mystery boxes are still sealed tightly shut with yet more vague allusions and refusal to speak plainly because the characters are still apparently under NDAs, no movement toward resolution?

There’s really not much to say that hasn’t been said before. I was looking forward to Nick Dragotta on art, but this was not his best outing IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    Someday there will be a writer on ASM who understands woman aren't there to be given out as prizes to make poor Petey feel better (or to yanked away to make poor Petey feel sad, as in the case of ASM 9) but they instead exist as individuals in their right: but that day is not today and that writer is not Zeb Wells.

That's three for three, Zeb, not well done.
    It'd be more surprising if Gwen was things like being more than a chick who made Spidey sad once, or having a consistent personality.

Like, that mini of hers' tried to pretend that Gwen was some investigative girl very interested in the cases George was investigating, which, doesn't line up with either Ditko's Gwen, or Stan Lee's, or even the dumbass Saint Gwen™ lol.

I suspect this run is killing the Spidey side of these forums, there's, noticeably less people around than before even if we keep random bans in mind, Spiderfan01 stopped showing up even, I wonder if it's because of the run being so disheartening, though it could be for other stuff, like life getting in the way.

Anyways, did anyone try to eat Spidey? Maybe a fake flashback with his parents where they try to do so?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Wells continues to not know how to write Kamala Khan.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    Even debbie downers have to rest sometimes. I'm sure the board will be in rare form soon!
    Just because the CBR community is a bit lax on reacting doesn't mean the rest of social media is. There is a sizeable backlash on there.

Also, you can call CBR itself a 'debbie downer' as their official review gives it a good kicking also.

Astonishing Member

As much as I dislike the current run, there is serenity for me in seeing Spidey Editorial finally completely and utterly losing control of the narrative.

I hope it means that (best case) OMD is undone I'm the near future, or (worst case) we at least return to a Spencer-like status quo with Peter and MJ together.

I haven't been following the A.X.E. event that much, but I wanted to look into this one because of a oddly hilarious scan I saw.

spoilers:
    The scan was of a creepy red glowing Gwen Stacy staring at Peter as he tries to go to sleep. It was creepy yet funny at the same time and that was enough to get me to read the issue. I'm assuming this is a fake Gwen Stacy made up by the Celestials or something? I barely know what AXE is about but oddly enough I enjoyed every creepy scene of Gwen just standing around judging Peter's life choices and guilt tripping him into going to work with his fake fever. Other then that not much to say. Wasn't really a fan of this artwork either. So is the creepy Gwen a normal thing going on right now? Who else has a creepy character looking after them like this? Because apparently Kamala has a Creepy Captain Marvel too?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by ComicNoobie; 09-29-2022 at 06:17 AM.

you guys aren't tired of having the same conversation day after day?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    I haven't been following the A.X.E. event that much, but I wanted to look into this one because of a oddly hilarious scan I saw.

spoilers:
    The scan was of a creepy red glowing Gwen Stacy staring at Peter as he tries to go to sleep. It was creepy yet funny at the same time and that was enough to get me to read the issue. I'm assuming this is a fake Gwen Stacy made up by the Celestials or something? I barely know what AXE is about but oddly enough I enjoyed every creepy scene of Gwen just standing around judging Peter's life choices and guilt tripping him into going to work with his fake fever. Other then that not much to say. Wasn't really a fan of this artwork either. So is the creepy Gwen a normal thing going on right now? Who else has a creepy character looking after them like this? Because apparently Kamala has a Creepy Captain Marvel too?
    end of spoilers
    That's just something for this arc because of the event.

As for foreshadowing on Norman going evil again other people mentioned, it definitely looks like that due to his reaction. But while that might have been an oversight, didn't he already display superhuman strength in the Vulture arc when he smashed his cell phone with a single hand? In Spencer's run the "sins" were shown as both the characters' evil disposition and their superpowers, so Norman shouldn't have that much strength to begin with.
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.