Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

A Celestial guilt trips Peter even though Spider-Man can easily f*ck them up.

Hints at Norman going evil for some reason. I thought the X-Office was bad at this villain reforming nonsense.

The art was fire tho.

2/10.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Uh, what??

BANNED

Just caught something

All this talk over the years over not wanting to make Peter seem old, what does Gwen say to him when they talk? He looks old

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Just caught something

All this talk over the years over not wanting to make Peter seem old, what does Gwen say to him when they talk? He looks old
    must be the stress
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Yeah, Wells' Peter is like the most haggard and weary version of him yet.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Just caught something

Good. He should. It’s such nonsense that he can never age now.

(With the stubble and perhaps more haggard look, he reminded me of the Peter B. Parker variant from ‘Into the Spiderverse’)

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

I think people saying that Norman is hinted at going bad again are being misguided by the art depicting him with more evil facial expressions, I think this might actually just be a driving factor that makes Norman want to become the Gold Goblin in an effort to make up for his sins. I feel like if another artist was on this Norman would’ve been drawn less sinister and more naive like he’s been recently. I do hope the big mystery is revealed soon, and I like that we’re not pretending Peter is still in his mid 20s anymore, I loved Spencer’s run but that one line always bugged me due to everything else pointing to Peter being in his early 30s, including the then-recent Zdarsky Spectacular run

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    I haven't been following the A.X.E. event that much, but I wanted to look into this one because of a oddly hilarious scan I saw.

spoilers:
    The scan was of a creepy red glowing Gwen Stacy staring at Peter as he tries to go to sleep. It was creepy yet funny at the same time and that was enough to get me to read the issue. I'm assuming this is a fake Gwen Stacy made up by the Celestials or something? I barely know what AXE is about but oddly enough I enjoyed every creepy scene of Gwen just standing around judging Peter's life choices and guilt tripping him into going to work with his fake fever. Other then that not much to say. Wasn't really a fan of this artwork either. So is the creepy Gwen a normal thing going on right now? Who else has a creepy character looking after them like this? Because apparently Kamala has a Creepy Captain Marvel too?
    end of spoilers
    It's just how the Celestial guilt trips people, it's not gonna be a normal occurrence.

Or who knows, maybe it will, Infinity War had a bunch of doppelgangers from other heroes to show up, but they all died during the story, but Spidey's doppelganger survived and it shows up a few times per decade 'cause of how fucking creepy it looks, wouldn't be the first time Spidey is so affected by events lol.

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    That's just something for this arc because of the event.

As for foreshadowing on Norman going evil again other people mentioned, it definitely looks like that due to his reaction. But while that might have been an oversight, didn't he already display superhuman strength in the Vulture arc when he smashed his cell phone with a single hand? In Spencer's run the "sins" were shown as both the characters' evil disposition and their superpowers, so Norman shouldn't have that much strength to begin with.
    Maybe the Goblin formula was a placebo effect all along, and everyone had super-strength within 'em .

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    What? Even nerfed Celestials are above Spidey lol.

Unless Celestials became like Firelord in ASM#270 when I wasn't looking...

Regardless, AXE made it clear this Celestial at least can casually **** up the other heroes.

Unless you mean Spidey can casually **** up a guilt trip? Weird way of wording it if so lol.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Good. He should. It’s such nonsense that he can never age now.

(With the stubble and perhaps more haggard look, he reminded me of the Peter B. Parker variant from ‘Into the Spiderverse’)
    They are in a similar place in life too lol.

Although in 616 Spidey's case, he does want to make contact with MJ, while looking like a creep while doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

Boy, I thought this was a fantastic issue. Great character work all around, especially within the confines of an event tie-in. I loved the little scene with Miles.

And of course Dragotta's work is as great as ever - phenomenal stuff, especially during the emotionally-fraught climax. Anybody else think his Gwen kinda looked like Anya Taylor-Joy?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob London View Post
    Boy, I thought this was a fantastic issue. Great character work all around, especially within the confines of an event tie-in. I loved the little scene with Miles.

And of course Dragotta's work is as great as ever - phenomenal stuff, especially during the emotionally-fraught climax. Anybody else think his Gwen kinda looked like Anya Taylor-Joy?
    That's kinda funny considering she's rumored to be in the running for Black Cat.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rob London View Post

Glad you enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    That's kinda funny considering she's rumored to be in the running for Black Cat.
    Intriguing idea there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Let me preface this by saying i do not care about gwen. No like or dislike i just honestly don't care about her and the most emotion i have is an eye-roll for the character. This issue was amazing, pun intended until the last three pages. Well one panel the still love gwen crap but see the beginning of my post. But whether you like his writing or not i think it's really hard to say wells doesn't get peter after this issue. That might make his run worse or better for some. lol. I literally went into this issue expecting it to be tedious but it was anything but. Loved Gayle and her tv anchor partner. lol. "if anyone is still listening, especially celestials." i was laughing out loud.
    Last edited by jwatson; 09-29-2022 at 06:06 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Let me preface this by saying i do not care about gwen. No like or dislike i just honestly don't care about her and the most emotion i have is an eye-roll for the character. This issue was amazing, pun intended until the last three pages. Well one panel the still love gwen crap but see the beginning of my post. But whether you like his writing or not i think it's really hard to say wells doesn't get peter after this issue. That might make his run worse or better for some. lol. I literally went into this issue expecting it to be tedious but it was anything but. Loved Gayle and her tv anchor partner. lol. "if anyone is still listening, especially celestials." i was laughing out loud.
    You do raise some valid points there, though I think it's almost worse in a way, because if he really has it in him to write Peter as well as he did in this issue, relatively speaking . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    You do raise some valid points there, though I think it's almost worse in a way, because if he really has it in him to write Peter as well as he did in this issue, relatively speaking . . .
    I can understand that given how one may view peter but thinking of issue 900 it makes me wonder and afraid of how much power editorial has on the story rather than just keeping canon in check.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I think saying he understands Spidey and then comes up with this boring ass run is worse lol.

Like, if the town idiot sets himself on fire to see if how it's like then it's stupid, but not too surprising, but if an experienced firefighter does the same thing for the same reasons, then it's baffling and disappointing.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then